Can't take it anymore.....

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Sweeper, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Sweeper

Sweeper New Member

Feb 11, 1999
    The suspense, the drama. Unlike many, I am not anticipating the WC, I am dreading it (pessimist at heart I suppose). Anyone else out there like me? The "what-ifs" drive me wild.

2. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Member

Jun 1, 2006
    Colorado
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tell me about it. I'm driving myself absolutely nuts. I don't know how I'm going to make it through the weekend leading up to the US game on Monday.

The worst part is that in an attempt to preserve vacation time this year, I only took a half day off Monday for the match, so I have to come in for a few hours in the morning before I skip out to a local bar for the USA vs. Czech Republic match. I have no idea how the hell I'm going to focus Monday morning when I can't even sit still at my desk now.

3. saxman

saxman Member

Nov 12, 2005
    Frederick,Maryland
    I already anticipate not being able to sleep on Sunday night. I barely slept the night before the two Mexico qualifiers last year. Don't have to work Monday but will probably still be useless on Tuesday. However, I am noe dreading the cup.

Let's Roll

4. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Member

Jun 1, 2006
    Colorado
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True to my name, I'll likely induce sleep through alcohol. Watching any soccer games without a beer in my hand feels like going to work naked. Just can't do it.

5. Golazo

Golazo Member+

Apr 15, 1999
    Decatur, GA USA
    I've got a scorching case of WorldCupitis. My symptoms? Got as drunk last night on a non-holiday Monday as I ever have.... Woke up at 2:30 tossed and turned until 3:30 woke up at 4:30. Had the workout of a LIFETIME this morning at 5:30, went and bought XM radio this morning.... all through this, I've been eating like a "Survivor" castoff swear to God, I've ingested 5000 calories by noon EDT today. This is insane.

6. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Member

Jun 1, 2006
    Colorado
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ooh, does XM carry the games live?

Hrm...

7. glove

glove New Member

Mar 20, 2001
    gaithersburg,md
    I can't even get 5 mins at work without thinking WC and going to any one of numerous sites to see the latest and greatest news. This is pure insanity; I can't wait for 11:55 am est monday ESPN2. I love the anticipation and savour it but this is hard. I got the WC Jones. I should have done like my cousin and taken off 2 weeks 9-23. He's from Peru and is taking off 2 weeks and Peru ain't even in the CUP!! Anyone whon thinks the NBA champ compares to this is just missing out on the worlds gratest sporting event period...

8. QuidditchFan

QuidditchFan Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Now imagine that you are a short-timer at work and your last day is towards the end of June.

That's me.

Now, for the sake of your well-being, stop imagining.

9. MDFootball

MDFootball New Member

Jul 7, 2000
    DC
    Going mad here myself......stupidly didnt take off for a single game, and am afraid to bring it up now for fear of my leave request being rejected - definitely coming down with a two day flu for the first US and France matches :rolleyes:

10. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm actually having dreams about our first match.

11. O'Dubhghaill Rules!

May 21, 2001
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    So am I, I've had two.

One we got shelled (but I was playing LB and it was definitely not in a stadium) something like 4-1. The other we won 3-2 in extra time on an EJ goal. Yes I know, neither one makes sense. And they were both in the same night, which threw me off even more.

12. salvikicks

salvikicks Member+

Mar 6, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i cant wait to watch the most important event for the beautiful game i go play it and i got something to watch on thursday replays of usa beating portugal and mexico on espn classic that will keep me still for 4 hours and i got at least spanish television talking about it every night and galavision and telefutura so at least i got something to watch until then

13. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    You are not the only one buddy.....:eek: I have nightmares about another debacle like France 98, I want Bruce and the boys to go for TODO O NADA. The most thing that worry me is the Damm referees and their cheaters way just like Korea 2002.....

14. GOD.

GOD. BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 14, 2005
    Everywhere
    No need to be worried anymore. GOD shall let you know that the USMNT shall fight bravely against her adversaries but will crumble to inevitable defeat and go out in the group stages.

GOD is merciful and has put you all at ease knowing your team's inevitable fate.

15. Dynamo Kev

Dynamo Kev Member

Oct 24, 2000
    i'm starting to crack and it's only tuesday.. i'm on bigsoccer 5 hours a day.. watching setanta friendlies, bigsoccer, FSC, bigsoccer, GOLTV, bigsoccer.. etc..
    i can't wait..
    holy s.. i can't sleep, all i can do is drink and think about soccer.

Let's Get Some!