Cannon call up?

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Allamerican74, Nov 13, 2004.

1. Allamerican74

Allamerican74 New Member

Jun 5, 2004
    I think with a great season this year Cannon should get a call up. What do you think?

2. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS

What about a profile about the kid, remember that not all here work on the info desk....age ....birth place ....everything?????

3. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    he is no kid but he is the best keeper in MLS.I think he is about 30, but has all the tools.I would take him over Walker in a heartbeat.

4. Delsocfan

Delsocfan New Member

Oct 23, 2004
    Wilmington, DE
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well according to the unofficial roster that is out for the Jamaica game, he will be there along with Busch, Reis and Keller(no Walker). With Keller's new situation at Southampton, I think that Keller won't be there and Cannon should get the start.

5. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    one of the nice thing about having our own league is we can see these guys who have made their rep overseas.I would say that Walker really is nothing special at all. Cannon is just clearly a better goalkeeper- much better from what I have seen.

6. Gunners11

Gunners11 Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I would take Cannon, Reis and Busch over Walker at this point. Hopefully Keller doesn't come back for this match, I think any of the three (Cannon, Rei or Busch) deserve to be capped.

7. uufan

uufan Member

Oct 31, 1999
  8. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Joe Cannon was live via sattelite for the MVP award presentation on Friday because he is in CBus with the Nats. He's been called into camp previously and in 2003 he logged 45 minutes in goal, so he has at least 1 cap.

For the person in Houston who has their head in the sand to MLS, here are his vitals:6'2", 190 lbs, DOB 01/01/75 born somewhere near LA.
    This season he was the best keeper in MLS, won the MLS keeper of the year award and was named to the MLS best 11. He played in all 30 games for Colorado this season, playing all 2700 minutes. He faced 187 shots and stopped 150 of them allowing 31 goals for a GAA of 1.07. He kept 10 clean sheets, that's 1/3rd of the games. He had a monster season.

9. Roel

Roel Member

Jan 15, 2000
    Santa Cruz mountains
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He is definitely a notch above the other MLS keepers. In SJ, we used to see him make great saves on a regular basis. He is fearless.

10. Rafa

Rafa New Member

Aug 16, 2004
    Agreed. This would be the perfect match - nothing much is at stake (except not losing to side that has never beat us), he's earned it, and he should still be match fit and sharp. We have a lot of good keepers but it's time to get him involved. Would agree that he's probably better than Walker anyway, probably equal with Tim, but a notch down from Kasey....

11. Adam Zebrowski

Adam Zebrowski New Member

May 28, 1999
    keller is a mortal lock, if healthy to go the 90 against the boyz...

12. Delsocfan

Delsocfan New Member

Oct 23, 2004
    Wilmington, DE
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since according to uufan's article Keller is coming, he will definately start. I guess Cannon will have to wait until the next friendly or the maybe the Gold cup to get a start.

13. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has anyone found something saying he is in camp? He's been with his new team and since he is only there for a month maybe they wouldn't want him leaving.

14. ayers

ayers Member

Jul 9, 2002
    somewhere
    Posted in another thread.

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150237&page=19&pp=15

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/article.asp?article=237889&Title=First+impressions

15. Delsocfan

Delsocfan New Member

Oct 23, 2004
    Wilmington, DE
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Keller gets the start, Cannon makes the bench.

16. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Come on. Cannon needs to get a chance.

17. SeattleSupporter

Aug 17, 2004
    North Sound Ultra
    What does this guy have to do to get a look?
    Warm the bench in the EPL??? :D

I'm a huge K.K. fan by the way.

18. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously. Keller could have stayed in England for this one. Not a must win. Let Cannon have it.

19. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Joe has been consistent playing for San Jose and Colorado. Last night should have been a good chance to see if he's got the goods to play at this level, or at least be a capable #3. Even if Jamaica shelled him, it would have been a good test to see if he can play at that level.

Keller is a great keeper, but he really wasn't needed for this one, especially with a spot in the Hex wrapped up.