Canada vs. Guatamala II [R]

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Saviola7, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Saviola7

Saviola7 New Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Leiden, NL
    1-0 FT. Hey, we won a match! Too little too late, but still good for moral. The bad news is we'll start off the 2010 campaign without Occean (red card), but I guess we'll be playing another Belize-like team, so it should be ok...

2. TopDogg

TopDogg Member

Jan 31, 2000
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Wouldn't Occean's red card be served out in the next official FIFA santctioned match (in other words, the first Gold Cup match)?

Or does this carry over for four years?

3. Gagnons

Gagnons New Member

Oct 9, 2004
    I havent seen the game yet..., can anyone tell me what the squad was?
    Compare it with the other squads we had so far aswell so that i can have an idea of how they are... apparantly they were rocking..

I cant find it on cs.com
    didn do much looking but anyways...

4. Captain Canuck

Captain Canuck New Member

May 13, 2002
    It was very much a 2nd string side for Canada. De Rosario & Occean started up front, a midfield of Bernier, Serioux, Grande and 17 year old Jamie Peters. Back four of Simpson, McKenna, Gervais and Hutchinson, with Lars thankfully in the goal. The likes of Radzinski, De Vos, Hume, Imhof, De Guzman, Jazic were all given the game off while Stalteri was still serving his suspensio for throwing a water bottle on the pitch in the 2nd match on the semi-final round. Brennan wasn't called, Klukowski was injured and Nsaliwa, after being wrongfully ignored for all of the previous qualifiers, declined the opportunity for a mid-week flight to and from Europe for this meaningless game.

5. Captain Canuck

Captain Canuck New Member

May 13, 2002
    Or to be more accurate, we were allowed by the officials to win this time. Probably because since we were already out, there was not reason to screw us in this game.

Please excuse my cynicism.

6. Argentine Gaucho 25

Nov 15, 2004
    California
    Hey there Canadians,
    Congratulations on your win in Guatemala!
    I thought it was going to end zip to zip but at the end, Canada pulled out an amazing win over Guatemala.
    Once again, Congratulations Canadians! :D

7. Canadian_Supporter

Staff Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Prostějov, CR
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Four points on the road in WCQ is nothing to be ashamed about. Too bad the home record is something to be ashamed about... bah

8. Avi_Aimar

Avi_Aimar New Member

Dec 26, 2002
    Canada has so many good players. Why haven't they been more dominant? Having players like Radzinki, De Rosario, Stalteri, and others is really something.

9. CanuckFan

CanuckFan Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Calgary
    Club:
    FC Energie Cottbus
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Poor coaching & non-existent preparation pretty well sums it up. Add a dash of lack of discipline for the rest.

10. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    just bad luck, i mean the way canada played guatemala and honduras made me feel that they should have gotten better luck casue they played good soccer! and they have lots of quality players.

11. Roel

Roel Member

Jan 15, 2000
    Santa Cruz mountains
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'm really disappointed Canada didn't get through, too. Tons of talent and a very sharp coach, at least from his time here in San Jose. Nice goal by DeRo. How did Occean earn the red card?

12. beachesl

beachesl Member

Oct 21, 2002
    Mendoza, Argentina
    4 minutes after Guatemala's red card, "Occean was sent off after committing a 'gravisima'[very serious] foul on the Guatemalan Captain Ramirez".