News: Canada v. Macedonia, 14 Nov 09 Pre/In/Post Match Thread (R)

Discussion in 'Canada' started by DoyleG, Nov 13, 2009.

1. DoyleG

DoyleG Member+

CanPL
    Canada
    Jan 11, 2002
    YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  2. TFCTFC

TFCTFC New Member

Nov 20, 2008
    Canada loses 3-0:confused:
    Unbelievable how we lose like this...
    story of the game they went 2 for 2 on PKs
    We went 0 for 2 on PKs with Hume and Jackson missing

I guess our ranking will now go down meaning we will get a hard group in 2012 qualifying thus missing 2014 in Brazil... 2018 world cup here we come!

PS: I am over exaggerating, but lets beat Poland!

3. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Canada is 53rd with 631 points and the 12th best nation in CONCACAF, Barbados, is 92nd with 355 points. If CONCACAF formats their qualifiers for World Cup 2014 the same as they did for World Cup 2010, Canada is likely to be in the Top 12 in CONCACAF in the FIFA Rankings, which means they wouldn't have to play any countries better than them to reach the Semifinals, but they could get a hard Semifinal group. FYR Macedonia is 66th with 476 points. I'm surprised Canada not only lost but lost by 3. Poland is 56th in the FIFA Rankings with 609 points.

4. wyly

wyly New Member

Dec 3, 2003
    Calgary
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    which confirms that the ranking system is crap...

5. TFCSucks

TFCSucks Red Card

Nov 9, 2009
    Edmonton
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    This only confirms that Canada has a lousy Nats team....they either all just finished playing in their respective leagues or are still playing..no excuses here, pros should be able to quickly come together to play as a unit, fitness should never be a question at this level, it all comes down to strategy and skill and this is where they have always been severely lacking..Macedonia are only a fair European squad and still easily won...Hart is not the answer and there is no answer with the current state of affairs CSA oversees and the lack of a national league and pro teams.
    These friendlies mean little to nothing because in 4 years when they are asking why they did not qualify for Brazil 2014, it will be status quo with CSA and MLS..big changes are needed but I have my doubts they will occur as required. I think being in the top 60 of FIFA rankings keeps alot of people satisfied and content.

6. wyly

wyly New Member

Dec 3, 2003
    Calgary
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    the problem is of course that the CSA overseas everything and they're not about to remove the cause of the problem which is the CSA....

7. TFCSucks

TFCSucks Red Card

Nov 9, 2009
    Edmonton
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    yep...cant cure the cancer when the body is nothing but cancer........well, I do not expect them to ever win anything significant so really things are as they should be, which seems to keep CSA happy.

8. Soccerfever

Soccerfever Member

Aug 30, 2001
    Laval(Canada)
    While the result is disapointing/humiliating,it's good because the more it will go on,the quicker changes will be brought.So with that said I do hope that we get our asses handed back to us on silver platters by other teams in our next friendlies so we can sink to an all-time low point,in hopes that the people at the CSA will wake up!Actually,it would be much better if the people at the CSA could be replaced by more competent individuals but that will never happen!

9. TFCSucks

TFCSucks Red Card

Nov 9, 2009
    Edmonton
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I doubt that will work because when you replace shyt with shyt you still have shyt...it is not only the players, coaches and team management that are suspect in skills, abilities and experience, it is also the CSA....when your talent pool is previous Nats players, managers etc, you will always be limited. Like the Nats coach and manager, a world class executive must be brought into CSA...you will always be only as good as your teacher or leader and that is not saying much here..no Canuck player, coach, or manager has or had a reputation in the world of soccer that any major soccer body would be after to sign for to oversee their association...so basically the picking are pretty slim, thus the same ole same ole mentality remains and the results will be the same as the past....

10. wyly

wyly New Member

Dec 3, 2003
    Calgary
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    our only hope are the professional clubs, they need to take control of player development and separate themselves from the CSA...unfortunately the CSA has the rights to sanction competition in Canada, I've no idea how how to replace them and be recognized by FIFA...

11. TFCSucks

TFCSucks Red Card

Nov 9, 2009
    Edmonton
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Too bad we are not South Americans..screw up in the game and they assassinate you....

12. Fort York Redcoat

May 29, 2008
    Toronto
    The wait for this game felt so long. It was really Canada's chance to show they were better than their Gold cup effort.