Canada Soccer roundtable meetup

Discussion in 'Canada' started by torontosports, Jun 28, 2005.

1. torontosports

torontosports Member

Jan 14, 2005
    Canada
    I'd like to do one with fans from Toronto sometime within the next month. Anyone interested?

2. rocketlauncher

rocketlauncher Red Card

Jun 28, 2005
    What happened to all those 3,000+ lynx ticket holders?
    can't you find them? any real soccer fans won't have anything
    to do with the losing lynx or is it missing lynx..... :D

3. torontosports

torontosports Member

Jan 14, 2005
    Canada
    Why r u such a loser for? I'm just curious? Like if you need a girl all you need to do is check out EYE or NOW magazine

4. Joe MacCarthy

Joe MacCarthy New Member

Dec 4, 2004
    Please do not respond to the beast. Add rocketlauncher to your ignore list. He keeps posting if he gets a response he stops when he is being ignored.

You can add soccerbeast and his puppets to your ignore list by clicking on his name and view public profile and on the next screen add to ignore list. Please don't respond to him. There is nothing you can say that will dissuade him from his garbage. It's been pointed out a million times. He will go away when ignored.

5. sinistersam redded

Jun 27, 2005
    for a team like the lynx, who you "say" you work for you shouldn't throw
    the loser tag around, cause the Lynx are the only losers around here at the moment, till the NHL season restarts. My sex life is fine thanks...Now all we have to do is get you a real job with a real soccer team in Toronto... can you say MLS?

6. jpg75

jpg75 Member

Jun 11, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    what did you have in mind? i've got a few ideas...

7. torontosports

torontosports Member

Jan 14, 2005
    Canada
    Well I was thinking we could possibly get together and shoot the breeze about our system in here and also maybe catch a gold cup match if location is good. I think everyone here has a lot to contribute and if we can pool some ideas on how to improve the system then things perhaps be looked at by a few guys I work with from the CSA

8. sinistersam redded

Jun 27, 2005

Shoot the Breeze....? Maybe shoot the Lynx organization
    for putting such a bad product on the field, now that would be worth talking about, the Lynx group could not defend
    their player selections or their poor results. Mind you if you do have a meeting do what the Lynx do....if you have
    30 people there, announce the figures as 300 or 3,000
    the Lynx are good at that at least. :D

9. bigp

bigp New Member

Mar 8, 2004
    TDOT
    Would those guys actually listen to these ideas?

10. lord_of_the_beast redded

Jul 7, 2005
    Do you think the political leaders will listen to Bob Geldof
    and his band of anarcists in Edinburgh this week? Well
    the CSA listens just as well. :rolleyes:

11. RealGooner

RealGooner New Member

May 2, 2005
    Toronto
    Well for sure if the CSA doent hear from fans they will never be able to take our opinions into consideration. So at least by letting them know what fans think there is an outside chance someone will listen. A slim chance is better than no chance, wouldn't you agree?

12. bigp

bigp New Member

Mar 8, 2004
    TDOT
    Do the CSA actually organize any events to try and bring in fans and hear about their opinion? I do have some ideas on Canadian soccer but I think I would be ignored like how I'm ignored on the Voyageur boards.

13. torontosports

torontosports Member

Jan 14, 2005
    Canada
    With any organization in any business there are good people and bad people. The CSA is n different. Guys like Kevan pipe we all know is a bad guy. John Billingsley great guy. We ll all see soon what happens with the others but for nw there are some good guys who will listen and bring up our stuff. I talk to some of these people monthly and they share a lot of our ideas but red tape and egos get in the way. Anyone in ONT and BC knows what I'm talking about

14. RealGooner

RealGooner New Member

May 2, 2005
    Toronto
    Any dates or venues proposed. Preferably a venue that serves delicious frosty alcoholic beverages..........

15. torontosports

torontosports Member

Jan 14, 2005
    Canada
    I propose a relaxed Saturday afternoon watching some classics or some higlights while indulging in some good brews from abroad (holland, Belgium and Germany)

We can discuss what to talk about once we get it setup. I also propose Scallywags down at St. Clair and Yonge ST in Toronto as it is a great soccer pub and also is central and right off the subway.

WHo is in?

16. bigp

bigp New Member

Mar 8, 2004
    TDOT
    I might be in. Never really was one who meet people from the internet or anything but this could be interesting considering you have connections with people in the CSA. It depends on what day it is as I'm taking summer school courses. I just hope I'm not the youngest one there(don't worry I'm of legal age)

17. RealGooner

RealGooner New Member

May 2, 2005
    Toronto
    I'm still interested. Scallywags is a more ore less central location too.

18. torontosports

torontosports Member

Jan 14, 2005
    Canada
    Scallywags it is. DOn't worry about being youngest I'm only 22. My ambition and job doesn't show it but the young guys are the ones with hunger and the determination to change the reign of todays soccer here in Canada. Lets do pints sometime soon