Can we have a Plastic Fans OUT sticky?

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by ArsenalTexan3, Apr 17, 2011.

1. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Hey if they want an Arsene out sticky why can't we have have a sticky saying we want plastic fans out? :)

[​IMG]

2. Scally

Scally Member+

Aug 29, 2006
    Rep. of Ireland
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    So what constitutes as a plastic fan? Criticism of the team? Of management?

3. pawn

pawn Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Waltham, MA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're living in cloud cuckoo land.

Join the real world.

4. tKCyclone

tKCyclone Member

May 2, 2007
    Johnston, Iowa, USA
    Club:
    Des Moines Menace
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We shouldn't have even turned on the TV this afternoon. I mean what did we think would happen?

I don't reckon I'll be able to carry on after this. Won't be able to pick myself up...

5. darcgun

darcgun Member+

Jan 11, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    People have different opinions than you, get over it.

Can we have a "Fans who cannot at the least acknowledge there IS a problem" Out sticky? :D

Perhaps demanding Arsene be sacked is extreme, but again who seriously thinks there isn't a problem? If so, has this person been on an LSD trip? :rolleyes:

6. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    If you want to question Wenger, and criticize his management of the team - go for it as it is well deserved. Calling for Wenger's head is another matter.

1. He has not yet failed to meet our objectives - so why would you fire a manager who is delivering exactly what has been asked?

2. The suggestions for replacements have been absolutely delusional.

7. VAComet85

VAComet85 Member

Dec 23, 2007
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This club has a massive fan base and some (many), whether domestic or foreign, have some serious issues with the team teasing them with success. The fact that the team routinely shows so much promise only to fall apart with 10-12 games left is cause for concern. No matter if the 'goal' is to finish second or make champions league. I dont see how someone being frustrated and hoping for a change either with the squad or with the manager makes them a sub-standard supporter. Is it near-sighted? Possibly. Does it make them less worthy to be a fan? Absolutely not.

8. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can you show me a single post stating that there is no problem with the team?

No? So you're just talking out of your ass then, aren't you?

9. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    +1

finally, a rational post, probably the most reasonable post i've read in a long time.

instead of flaming other posters and taking a personal jab or questioning / testing how long some of us have been fans, you come through with a post that everyone should take into consideration.

we all support the same team and it's a shame that so many people here attack other fellow arsenal supporters.

100% agreed - part of it seems to be inability / reluctance to go out to the transfer market and prepare the team for the crucial run of the season. without fully understandings the dealings that go on off-camera and what we read/see in the internet/media, we can only speculate. it just sucks that we have this so called "bad luck" at these crucial points of the season. our players get ran into the ground by this time of year and we end up with plan B/C while teams like Barcelona and Man United are still with their core A teams when they face our depleted team...

10. Smalls123

Smalls123 Member

Feb 1, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about a "people who don't want to listen to the idiots on either side" thread?

11. Silva 5

Silva 5 Member+

Mar 10, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    how about everyone just chills the f--k out.

It isn't over yet.

12. tKCyclone

tKCyclone Member

May 2, 2007
    Johnston, Iowa, USA
    Club:
    Des Moines Menace
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've avoided really getting involved in this forum because, despite only being an Arsenal fan since 2007, this club has provided enough depressing moments on their own. (I know, I know, I haven't been around long enough to have earned the right to whine about their performance as though I'm a true fan. Spare me, I've heard it plenty of times before.) So, I felt safe getting into a thread that was meant to mock the people that think they somehow know more than a man that actually has ran one of the most successful clubs in the Premiership during his time. Guess I was wrong. Could you please stay in your own whine-fest thread if you choose to be so suffocatingly negative? Must you really bring your anti-Wenger agenda into every-single-thread?

13. darcgun

darcgun Member+

Jan 11, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm upset at the current situation. It's my right to air my views, this is a forum.

14. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm upset too. Should i go out on my balcony, scream at the top of my lungs and jump up and down? It would be my right to do so, correct? But what about my neighbors? Should they have to listen to my histrionics?

15. WoodyinCU

WoodyinCU Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Duluth, MN
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I suggest we don't go there. Only classless fans spend their time defining who is and who isn't allowed to support the club. Use the ignore function liberally, I know I do.

16. darcgun

darcgun Member+

Jan 11, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    My right to comment.

17. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You said that already.

18. tKCyclone

tKCyclone Member

May 2, 2007
    Johnston, Iowa, USA
    Club:
    Des Moines Menace
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Except this is a thread isn't for people to air such views. You already have your Whine-About-Wenger thread. Leave such views in there. I'm just sick of every single thread eventually including an anti-Wenger comment. I'm just waiting for you to ruin the jersey thread by blaming Arsene for the away kit.

19. dynamo_gunner

dynamo_gunner Member

Jan 9, 2007
    H-town
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude, I TOTALLY agree with you! Aresne is still a relevant manager, Phil Collins is still a massive pop star, Kirstie Alley is still hot, and hypercolor shirts never went out of style!

This is the Rose Tinted Glasses Thread.

20. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Start your own thread damn it! :D

That being said, most of these people who are posting in the Arsene must go thread are the same people we were eyeing up the quad back in Feb. It is only when things don't go the way they want things to go when they start moaning.

This was from someone I know who started ASSC.

21. dynamo_gunner

dynamo_gunner Member

Jan 9, 2007
    H-town
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TBF, do we have plastic fans? We might have fickle fans, all teams do, but we haven't done anything to constitute any invincibles wagon jumpers to hang on any more.
    Two years ago, I was defending Arsene agains those who hated his policy (Martin Daost). I even believe Arsene IS the right man for the job, albeit due to the lack of what one would consider a better replacement. I think our fans are getting sick of heartless and gutless players, players who perform as if the pitch, and the game, and the badge, and a starting position is owed to them. I think we have alot of mental midgets, that Wenger has done magic tricks puling out any sort of performances or talent. I don't think there has been anyone on the pitch or off of it that has set high expectations for this team. This team was put together to qualify for Champions league, keep the revenue up and to help pay off the debt. We as fans expect more and unfortunatley, this team full of talent is a team of tim men. No heart.
    I also thing they are discouraged because they know their is going to be change, some of them will be out of a job (at least here), and the man who has been their captian will not stay.

22. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I would say yes because of those who have all of a sudden jumped out saying Arsene must go. I understand they aren't happy, but rather than think ok what can be done and do it in a contructive manner, they just want the quick fire solution which is to axe the manager and dump half the team.

23. FabregasTED

FabregasTED Member

Jan 2, 2007
    New Haven, CT
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    This season is breaking my heart, not making me mad. Why I get so frustrated is we have a very likeable squad right now and if we were to win it then our ideals and ethos as a club would be justified, which I want to be true.

The cold harsh reality of capitalism is staring us in the face :(

24. Darth Norteño

Darth Norteño With Buddha In My Fists

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Funny, I seem to recall you created an entire thread to that purpose.

Phil Collins has sold more records than you, and regardless of what you think of his music, yes, he is a massive pop star.

I would still give Kirstie Alley the business, if for nothing else, the promise of a satisfying meal afterward. After all, Saavik is still in there somewhere. If that doesn't convince you, let [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Ugly-Woman/dp/B000VWQD3A]Robin Harris[/ame] drop some wisdom upon thee.

Finally, Hypercolor shirts were only popular; they were never in style.

Therefore, by the transitive properties of you being plain wrong on all these points, Arsene Wenger is still the right man for the job, to say nothing of EVERYTHING he has achieved for the club already. My glasses may be tinted, but they're tinted red and white; NEVER rose.

25. dynamo_gunner

dynamo_gunner Member

Jan 9, 2007
    H-town
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I, if anyone can appreciate yout diatribe. I love to hear the hearty and healthy cries of the Red and White Army. Keep the faith, my red and white friend, as will I.

But you are wrong

Phil Collins WAS a pop star, now hes a rich and illrelevant. And taking a run at Kirstie Alley because she ONCE was hot? Thats almost like calling a rich former superstar a current superstar.

What color does red and white make, BTW?
    [​IMG]