Can we give Zaidie some credit?

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Metro_tico, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Metro_tico

Metro_tico New Member

Mar 31, 1999
    Not for playing a great game, or getting ejected, but for the way in which he got ejected.

Honestly, I dont think he meant to do that, but seeing ********** ADU hit the ground that way was the highlight of the game.

I watched the highlights and could not stop re-playing it. AWESOME!

Every time he touched that ball, That little voice in my head said "SOMEBODY GET THAT MOTHER**********ER" ---- Zaidie must have those same voices in his head.

I know he got a red card, and it hurt us, but this is the kind of physical play we need in order to get in their heads... I bet we wont see the same Adu next week.....

2. CbR

CbR Member

Nov 10, 2000
    Bergen County NJ
    kenny arena should have finished him off

3. Colonial717

Colonial717 New Member

Aug 5, 2004
    Arlington, VA
    Comments removed [Mod note:Limit for tediously lame drivel is 10. Your post went to 11.]

4. HotAssAlex

HotAssAlex New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    Staten Island, NY
    and what exactly have Adu done to you (except for playing for the DC-Scum) that it was so exciting watching him almost break his neck?
    (try to look up a word ' sportsmanship' in the dictionary

5. Metros Striker10

Metros Striker10 New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    United have replaced the Fire in terms of rivalary. I'm sick and tired of watching them play like crap against DC this season because they're not willing to play physical. Tough, it's the playoffs they're headed to and unless they play hard and challenge for the 50/50 balls, they're going to get dominated in every aspect of the game.

Also, that D.C. biasness is really, really annoying. Waldo is like the Jack Edwards of the Chicago Fire. Rob just plays along.

6. Metro_tico

Metro_tico New Member

Mar 31, 1999
    Playing for DC is not a good enough reason???

Wow... I guess we ARE a bunch of Sissies!!!

I just think it's good that our players are not the ones on the receiving end of a nasty tackle for once.

Remember...Vaca's injury, Fouls on Guevara, fouls on Gaven. Not always from DC, but they're a big part of it.

7. Metro_tico

Metro_tico New Member

Mar 31, 1999
    Did you read the first post on this thread??? :rolleyes:

I was not talking about the way he played...Nevermind... Hopeless to try to explain to a DC fan...

8. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Just playing for DC is a good enough reason for me.

9. metro24freak

metro24freak New Member

Jul 5, 2004
    philly
    If he didn't already have a yellow than it would have been great, i can't say he didn't deserve the card cause he did. Even though I did like watching freddy fall like that, even if i was concerned about him for a split second, i wouldn't be upset if it happened again.

10. metrocorazon

metrocorazon Member

May 14, 2000
    Chicago never replaced DC. DC has always and probably always will be the biggest rival.

11. Deuteriumoxide

May 27, 2003
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Somebody needed to smack freddy around. This is the big leagues, people get smacked around some times.

12. TAKK

TAKK New Member

Jan 28, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Exatcly. Wake up call.

That being said, I can't see how any US fan can fear a team like Jamaica with Ziadie starting for them. We need to upgrade back there next year dammit!

13. Nick_78

Nick_78 New Member

May 9, 2004
    VA
    Club:
    DC United
    If you want to applaud physical play, great, I am right there with you. But wishing injury upon another player, in my opinion, crosses the line.

It's just a game, I enjoy the rivalry, but it's just a game. I will be in NJ this weekend and I will be sure to ridicule NY/NJ as much as possible, but if I were staying after the game, I would be more than happy to enjoy a beer with a Metros fan, after all, it's just a game.

14. Metros Striker10

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    It's a game that will feature the "oldest" rivalry in MLS. It's not just a game. I'm mot promoting to injure the United guys, but the toughness of the Metros do need to be addressed.

15. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yes, but not to the point in which the kid lands on his neck....I know it was a clumsy and mostly unintentional play, but still... If you want to see some physical pressure applied on Adu, see what guy like Parke did (holding him, which by the way also deserves a card) or a tackle that "goes" for the ball and end up hitting the guy in the leg, but with no "intention" to injure, etc....

16. Liverpool_SC

Liverpool_SC Member

Jun 28, 2002
    Upstate, SC
    If ya'll are looking to Craig Zaidie to address your toughness deficit, than I am in for an even greater time over the next couple of weeks than I thought. :)

My only concern (I am being magnimanious today) for you is how you are going to be able to keep Guevara on the field for 90 minutes against DC. That guy was ready to explode after about twenty minutes. Maybe he was banking on the "yellow cards" don't carry over thing, but he is a straight red waiting to happen come the return tie at RFK. Maybe ya'll should conspire to put him on meds or send him to the Barra Brava tailgate for some "tenderization" (Kobe beef-style) before the match. Otherwise, ya'll might have to get used to playing with ten men.

17. jackrock

jackrock Member

Aug 19, 2003
    Talcott. WV
    Club:
    DC United
    yeah, really. that midget is crazy. tell him to watch out, we'll be bringing towels to the playoffs.

18. Metros Striker10

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    As long as Earnie keeps his cool and Ben Olsen understands that a soccer ball is round, there shouldn't be any problems.

19. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The way we are constructed as a team and with Vaca playing instead of Gilberto and T Bone hurt we can not be a physical team or even match for a minute any other team's physical play at this point. Like playing basketball with 5 guards, does not work. Bob and Nick made a big error in how this team was put together. Too small and too weak and not enough ball winning by our midfield. Too many wimps basically and our tough guys like Magee and Geuvara are too small for their bark to have any effect.

20. HotAssAlex

HotAssAlex New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    Staten Island, NY
    after all both DC goals by Christian Gomez came from Zaidie's mistakes by letting Gomez take all space he needs