Can We Beat Brazil?

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by bobarino, Jun 30, 2005.

1. paolodeluca

paolodeluca New Member

Aug 19, 2005
    on the basis that Italy plays better against better opponents then yes, Italy can certainly beat Brazil but would never be favored to.

The Italian team is well designed to absorb pressure and to hit clinically in counterattack. Adriano, Kaka and Dida play in Serie A so the intimidation factor to the italians isn't there - they play against these guys every week. they will respect them but not fear them.

They have Dida we have Buffon.

They have Kaka we have Totti

They have Ronaldinho - we have Pirlo

They have Adriano - we have Gilardino

They have Carlos - we have Zambrotta

We have Nesta - they have????

They have Ronaldo - we have????

Italia can trump Brazil (although Brazil and Argentina deserve to be the favs)

http://www.delucasoccerblog.blogspot.com

2. jcmartins

jcmartins BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 22, 2005
    United States

You should add a link of my site in your blog....
    i'm gonna create a blog links in my links page Could add yours...

My site is:

www.giantsofbrasil.com

Check it out

3. DerMongerer

DerMongerer Member

Jun 5, 2004
    It seems losing has indeed taken it's toll on you. :confused:

4. DerMongerer

DerMongerer Member

Jun 5, 2004
    Fair enough........carry on.

5. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    How so, troll?

I just responded to all the nonsense you posted and that is the best you can do? :rolleyes:

Also, I noted that you were not courageous enough to list the teams you support under your name like nearly everyone else on these boards does. Would you be so kind as to at least notify us about your squads? Sometimes the squads one supports helps us put things in context.

6. DerMongerer

DerMongerer Member

Jun 5, 2004
    Speaking of nonsense......try reading your posts.

7. Theseofam

Theseofam Member

Feb 10, 2005
  8. DerMongerer

DerMongerer Member

Jun 5, 2004

Unlike you I needn't resort to name-calling. I can think of a million more things in life more courageous than posting which club/NT's I support. For the record, My favourite league to watch is Serie A, and I only support Inter Milan. With regards to NT's, I support Brazil, but I respect Brazil's opposition whomever they may be.

9. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Did you expect to be greeted with niceties when you come on the Italian boards and lambast the NT and the posters about our "arrogant attitudes"? Further, your post was completely out of context and irrelevant.

Oh and regarding your teams . . . Brazil and Inter. You're one of those. Funny enough you asked me if losing has taken a toll on me. Just how long have you followed Inter? :rolleyes:

10. DerMongerer

DerMongerer Member

Jun 5, 2004
    It matters not to me what I am greeted with in this thread, and call me what you want but as far as I'm concerned a side that has floundered in its past 2 major International appearances shouldn't be thinking about Brazil unless they meet. Take it one match at a time. Just like Brazil in 1982, after we'd thrashed Argentina we'd figured that Italy who'd been at best lukewarm prior to our matchup would be a cakewalk.

I make no apologies for that line of thinking. Argentine and French players prior to WC02 were documented speaking about what they were going to do to one another when they met in the Finals. We all know how that "meeting" went........

Oh yeah and about Inter.......this is our year ;)

11. DerMongerer

DerMongerer Member

Jun 5, 2004
    That was NOT our best team ever. Hey I guess you're a little too young recall what happened to you guys in 1970? :)

That 1982 squad was laid to waste by Italy was probably the weakest side we'd ever sent to a WC. It's only the majestic midfield and left winger Eder that made it play the special brand of football it did.

It was poorly balanced, No centre-forward because Careca was injured on the eve of the tournament. Poor keeper and poor defenders. At least the Selecao learned from that debacle and added some "steel" when the rematch took place in 94.

12. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    This is a site for the football fans. As such, anything and everything is subject to discussion. There is no problem in discussing what our prospects would be against Brazil. Oddly enough, you, a person who does not support the Azzurri is the only one who has a problem with it. If that is the case, ignore the discussion altogether. We are free to discuss anything we want, especially on a board dealing with the ITALIAN NATIONAL TEAM!!!

13. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    You are telling me that the 1982 Brazil side was the weakest they ever sent to a WC???!!! Zico, Socrates, Falcao, Eder, etc.!!!

14. Sempre

Sempre ****************** Member+

Mar 4, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Let it go. He's being impossible.

He's a plastic Brazilian, in any case.

15. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I too find it curious that the 1982 Brazil side be refered to as "weak"...but be that as it may. That team had a lot more than Eder on it.

16. ITALIA1982

ITALIA1982 Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Funny how things change with time, I remember the '82 Brazil squad as being hailed the best Brazilian side ever and that was from their own Brazilian fans, now they are the worst ever??? typical loser attitude!!!

17. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Italy's worst WC team ever in 94 gave Brazil a run for their money !!!

18. mritalian1210

mritalian1210 Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern Jersey
    Club:
    AC Milan
    You're saying Italy's 94 Wc was there worst ever?

19. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah, I wouldn't say the 94 team was our worst ever...a few others come to mind. 1986? 1974?

20. mritalian1210

mritalian1210 Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern Jersey
    Club:
    AC Milan
    2002 was alot worse than 94.

21. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Not really, I thought we had quality in 2002.

22. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah, on paper we did. On the field...that's another story, as is often the case with us.

23. Sempre

Sempre ****************** Member+

Mar 4, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Italy's '94 team was much, much better than the '02 team.

In '02 we had no depth in defense (think: Materazzi, Coco,
    Panucci) and our midfield was pedestrian.

But in '94 we could afford to lose Baresi and still make the
    final. That's immense. We also had Baggio, who was priceless,
    plus Signori and a young Albertini as a play-maker ......... That
    team was class.

24. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah, good point. The 94 team was strong, but Sacchi, being the stubborn, know-it-all *#$&*$&% that he was had no clue how to employ talents like Zola and Signori. :rolleyes: That cup was more than within our grasp. Considering the circumstances, and making it as far as we did, it was ours for the losing. And sure enough, we lost it! Kinda like 1990.

25. mritalian1210

mritalian1210 Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern Jersey
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Just as Trap was in 02. :(