can someone stop Brian Cappellieri?

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by bestianera, Sep 15, 2002.

1. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    the problem being that the thread is still there

2. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Well, it's probably difficult to read everything when you're posting 36 times each day.

3. g4m

g4m New Member

Oct 28, 2000
    New Jersey
    whats the difference between brian c and FearM9?

there is a similar poster to brian in what he does...on the womens boards and guess what...most guys like him alot for his constant posting of news...and is known as one of the best non mod posters out there...so chill!

4. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    The women's boards? I don't think I've posted news on there in my life. :)

5. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brian,

What happened to your post count? It seems to have undergone a Huss-like transformation from 4000+ to just 100 or so.

6. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    it's called magic!

7. Mattbro

Mattbro Member+

Sep 21, 2001
    So Brian's been banned again?

If that's true, I'd like to express my displeasure. I won't mention names and probably don't need to, but there are people on these boards who can apparently afford to be as nasty and disrespectful as they please, since they never see so much as a yellow card. It seems like the higher your post count, the bigger the ********************* you're allowed to be.

Brian might cause some inconvenience to some of you, but at least he's respectful. There must be some way to work out a solution here without people getting banned.

8. cachundo

cachundo Marketa Davidova. Unicorn. World Champion

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Genesis 16:12...He shall be a wild ass among men
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Brian may annoy some people because of his prolific posting, but that's why there's the ignore list.

Mods, the compromise that can be made is to sticky a thread in your forum, such as the sticky: "Man Utd news", where news and non-discussions can be dumped without creating a new thread that will get zero replies.

9. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brian has NOT been banned, is there a card next to his name??

His Sockpuppets have been carded, Brian's getting upset because his post count got messed up.

10. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
    Well said, if I was still modding this is what I'd do, at least with the Euro forums (MLS forums may be too entrenched in the way news forums are built). I don't want to see Brian get banned, I just find his posting of news articles in what seems to be 50 forums a day to be overkill.

11. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I have just banned Brian or sending me yet another email telling me to ************ myself. He can go elsewhere. I"m done giving him second chances.

12. BerwynBlazers

BerwynBlazers Member

Jul 23, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    post count...... haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaha!

maybe brian will now spend less time infront of his computer and actually go out into the world.

13. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
    Okay so maybe he's done stuff that I don't know or need to know about. Time for me to step off the soapbox or whatever you call it, and live and let be.

14. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    OMG!! Brian is banned again!?

15. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For even more of this caliber of post.

My feet are like wings.

Hey, Huss gave the guy, like, 900 miles of rope. He couldn't hang himself fast enough. It was never enough for him to get 99.5% of what he wanted. He'd bitch like a loon over the last .5%, and everybody was a complete ********************* if he didn't get his way.

Just too high maintenance. Huss cut him more slack than anybody in the history of these borads BY FAR. Not good enough. Brian wanted more.

What he REALLY wants is to run BS. Since he can't he wants to drag everybody off to his own little playground. Goodbye.

16. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    Please go to another place you and your useless existance! :mad:

17. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    phhhttt!!! sure, :D whatever loser! get a life! I dont want to be involved in a sterile discussion with a troll, I'm held to a higher standard, you can't ruin my reputation with your false accusations!

18. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    as a knowledgable poster you moron!

end of discussion you're about to be redded

19. Mattbro

Mattbro Member+

Sep 21, 2001
    I'm presuming some posts were removed, because otherwise it looks like Mario was arguing with himself!

Personally I had no problem with Brian's behavior on BS in general. But whenever things started to get out of hand, he would lash out at the wrong people and dig his hole even deeper. If he'd conducted himself more wisely in the controversial situations, he'd still be here.

I still think BS is going to be less interesting without him.

Fare thee well Brian.

20. Bambule GK

Bambule GK New Member

Aug 16, 2000
    The ATL
    As a former mod, I'll just state that there often VERY big gaps in what non-mods know about a given situation that aren't shared for all sorts of reasons.

Take that however you want, but the bottom line is that Jesse and the powers-that-be don't ban someone without a REAL good reason... And without a lot of debate and discussion from those that are knowledgeable about the situation... And without fully hearing out the person in question... Often many many times over.

21. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    mario was arguing with brian's sockpuppet, but it seems like his new account was completely erased as with his posts.

22. eric d

eric d Member

Sep 9, 1998

Whew, should have told us to put our boots on first.

23. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As amusing as that thought is, one of Brian's sockpuppets was posting. All gone now.

24. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nice General Grant avatar, by the way.

25. The Pikey

The Pikey Red Card

Sep 25, 2002
    Travelling the world
    Or are they, Billy? :)

What happened? I thought it was "Goodbye." For a minute I thought you were going to stop obsessing over me and not venture outside the politics forum anymore. Too good to be true I suppose.

Damn! :D