Can someone please tell me...

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Bill Archer, Sep 7, 2002.

1. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...why today's match is not on TV?

2. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For the Quakes, it's most likely cuz it's a home game.

For the Crew, I couldn't tell ya.

3. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, let me rephrase my question:

Would someone with a clue, who knows enough about how MLS works to understand that all TV feeds are local explain why there is no feed from SJ today?

4. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let me rephrase my answer:

I have a clue and I knew that. But I still couldn't tell ya.

:D

5. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    The Quakes haven't broadcast the home games this year in order to get people off their butts and into the stadium. This could be debated as good or foolish policy but for whatever reason, this is the way it is. If you're not getting the game in columbus it's the fault of your local station.

6. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
    No kidding, Tom. It would have been up to C-bus' FSN affiliate (or whoever shows Crew games) to sack up and shell out for camera crews and broadcasters if they wanted this game to be seen out there.

Every other MLS match from Spartan this season has been broadcast by the opposing team and/or the Shootout Package. The only ones shown locally have been the four ESPN2 Soccer Saturday matches, and even those were only viewable in the parts of the Bay Area that get ESPN2.

7. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm surprised that you guys out in Columbus aren't getting this game on TV. (Texas didn't either the last time Dallas played at Spartan.) Not only that, but with the Shootout Package I've got (Dish), only one MLS match is scheduled.

8. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
    Someone somewhere must've gotten that game. The cameras were rolling. If the Quakes are just filming for their own use, they don't usually use the midfield camera (front of 111). This season, I believe that camera has been up for every game at Spartan so far (even Pachuca in the FCCC and LA in the USOC...hell, even for Morelia/River Plate, which was on PPV in Latin America).

Here's hoping tonight's is truly off TV so there are no cameras. {fingers crossed...}