Can Australia do it for the 10th time?

Discussion in 'Cricket' started by arijitbarman, Jul 12, 2005.

1. arijitbarman

arijitbarman New Member

Jul 12, 2005
    Hi friends, I am a cricket maniac and I am really excited about the forthcoming Test series between the host England and the visitors Australia. They will be seen in action in later half of July for the most prestigious The Ashes Trophy, 2005. England will be playing for glory and Australia will be playing to defend the trophy as they are doing it for the last 9 years. This time English players like Kevin Peterson, Harmison & Andrew Flintoff will be heavy for Australia. Last night I came across a very good site named http://cricket.123india.com from where I got the latest informations about The Ashes Series 2005.Looking towards the past, bowling department of the teams will be the playing factor. Now let’s see which side makes the race.

2. ScouseCat

ScouseCat New Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    The Aussies gave England a gentle reminder of what we can do in the last couple of one day matches. I'm predicting a 3-1 series win to us, Strauss to be McGrath's 500th test wicket and Hayden to be man of the series. GO AUSSIES!!

3. Rabotnicki

Rabotnicki New Member

Jul 13, 2005
    Australia will do it easy!

4. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    I certainly hope so.

5. minorthreat

minorthreat Member

Jan 1, 2001
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Didn't Australia recently lose an ODI to Bangladesh?

How is that even possible?

6. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001

because they are more beatable than their simpleton fans believe.
    although that game was early in the tour.

7. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    England have just made a big mistake in my opinion.

Thorpe left out of the squad to face Aus in the first Ashes test. Thorpe is our most experienced and steady batsman. I would love to see Pietersen given a go but they should have dropped Bell, not our best player.

8. BhoysFC1995

BhoysFC1995 New Member

Nov 30, 1999
    NYC
    not an excuse but australia are known for slow starts to tours and such- jsut look at the last world cup.

they are beatable, but come'on, no one could foresee them losing to the bangers. momentum is defintely on the aussies side i'd say, with the natwest challenge win, and big shane ready to attack!

9. silky-smooth

silky-smooth New Member

Apr 25, 2005
    Australia
    Or better still, for "Aussie" fans... go here: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21 :D

BigFooty's Cricket Forum. Plenty and plenty of discussion and information over there that people might want to read and discuss over here (just labouring thoughts here).

10. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    They probably will win, if they are at there bes then they win, but if they are not then England can give them a game.

11. keller

keller New Member

May 20, 2003
    On The Galactica
    How wrong you are sunshine!!

12. hiddink_magic

hiddink_magic New Member

Feb 27, 2003
    Wendouree
    Unfortunately we didn't win the series.