Campbell "Ive agreed a new deal"

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Rick B, Nov 27, 2004.

1. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    Well well, I am very glad to be wrong here. I honestly thought he would be leaving as lets face it, he could get a huge pay deal in just a months time. Yet it seems that he is staying. He has said that "everything is agreed" to the Daily Telegraph. Remember that this does not mean it is signed.... Owen came out and said he had agreed a new contract and then went to Real. But this is positive news and should have a good confidence boosting effect on the team. Arsenal.com are yet to announce anything, but lets hope they do in the next week......

Sky Sports - Campbell

Telegraph Online - Interview with Campbell

2. Davros

Davros Member

Mar 13, 2004
    Mandurah
    Sounds promising - lets see some ink on that contract :)

3. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield
    Never had a doubt. Sols a gooooner woah-oh.

4. No1ArsenalFan

No1ArsenalFan New Member

May 6, 2004
    I had my doubts because of what he did to tottenham ha ha hope the same doesn't happen to us and anyway Sol didn't come out and say anything about signing a new contract with them before he left so this looks promising.

I think he has looked at the future of the club with the new stadium and all the good youngsters coming through and thought this is the club for me I can't c him accepting that much of a pay cut I can still c him getting about 80,000 a week otherwise he would go.

No1ArsenalFan

5. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    Actually, sorry to correct you, but he did say exactly that. In fct his speeches to Spurs all through that season were "Don't worry, Im going to sign" and "Spurs have a promising future, why would I want to leave" etc etc. So actually its no different.

6. No1ArsenalFan

No1ArsenalFan New Member

May 6, 2004
    ******** he's gone

7. Claus KJ

Claus KJ New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Obviously he was lying through his teeth.

KJ

8. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    just like getting a quote from a customer... until the ink is dry or a PO is made, nothing has happened yet~

9. Deschamps10

Deschamps10 New Member

Sep 12, 2002
    NYC & Paris
    Can't blame Sol for his actions before he signed for us. Comming over from Spurs is almost on the level of going from Rangers-Celtic and vise versa...the implications of his signing could of been disaster if both sides caught wind of his actual plans before they came to fruition.

Spurs were absolute pants when he left them and had no true forseeable future....signing Jamie Redknapp as your major player is hardly moving in the right direction.

Arsenal's direction and future are one of the best in EPL if not the world over. Sol got his bread from Spurs but Arsenal put the butter on it and he knows that. No way he go's anywhere else. Chelsea may of offered him something a bit more enticing but let's face it..not too mayn other clubs in England can offer him the total package like the Gunners can.

It would be nice to finally announce the deal though so Sol and the rest of the club can get on with it and focus on the EPL title and European glory.

10. Przybylinski

Przybylinski New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Smallville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well Sol's in and Edu is out. I'd prefer Sol any day. Still hope we sign a few defenders in January.

Time to win a big one tomorrow and keep up as many points as we can right now.

11. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    This is the it should be....the rock of our defense resiging. I know it isn't OFFICIAL, but I'm very positive. The whole Sp*rs comparision is like night and day.

THFC didn't win anything WITH him and Arsenal have won many trophies BECAUSE OF HIM! So that puts that argument to rest.