Camisola Fórum: I Love Jerseys!

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by O_Glorioso, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I think the Nike contract was supposed to end after this WC. I am not sure if they would renew. Its a give or take. If Portugal don't make the cup I could see Nike letting it go to Addidas, but I could see a case of them holding onto the rights just for the fact that they are so heavily tied with Ronaldo now, and he is going to player for a Addidas sponsored team in Real Madrid.

2. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    1. I don't know when the contract is up, but I'm sure Nike considers Portugal one of their top NT's.

2. My guess is the same one that's on the Benfica jersey, the blue TMN box, which doesn't go with Sporting's jersey at all either. Also, I think Super Bock has replaced BES on the back of Sporting's jersey.

3. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love Italy's new jersey. Maybe Puma can scoop up Portugal. I'm sick of Nike and Adidas everywhere.

4. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Ewww...No thank you. I rather stick with Nike. Second choice being Addidas.

5. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I'd like puma to make Portugal jersies only if they gave us some like exclusive kit like they do with Italy

(Italy always has a different jersey compared to the other PUMA sponsored NT's which all use the same design more or less)

6. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    Porto's new away jersey:

[​IMG]
    Courtesy serbenfiquista.com

7. manichefan

manichefan Member

Mar 30, 2005
    NJ
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Now thats a nice looking jersey!!!

8. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I don't think this is Porto's new away jersey. I recall seeing it last year at a Nike Fall 2009 presentation and I remember it being ORANGE! Unless things really changed and my Nike rep. didn't let me know, I think this is a fake.

9. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I went to NYC for Nike's WC2010 presentation. Got to see Portugal's away jersey: It's White w/ a Green and a Red vertical bar in the middle of jersey(they are each about 1.5 inches wide). Really nice and not as plain as the current one. Also saw the Portugal Track jacket (All White w/ PORTUGAL in the back in green). Last apparel Portugal piece I got to see was a green training jersey where the Emblem (crest) in in the middle of the jersey right below the Nike swoosh ( the emblem really stands out as it's borders are black and gold). There will be the always popular CRonaldo hero T-shirt but it looks like Nike will not have a Portugal warmup suit marketed here in the US next year. The WC2010 Nike Portugal ball is much better looking then the current one. Delivery dates: Portugal Away jersey is due March 3rd 2010 and the rest of the WC2010 stuff is due in stores month of April...

BTW, you can follow the latest posts about Portugal jerseys and other stuff on Facebook (Pegasus Sporting Goods Group): http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=90399682892

10. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    Good info CSD. The Portugal jersey sounds good.

I'm starting to think that Porto away jersey is fake also.

11. Força_Portugal

Jun 10, 2009
    Tri-State Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    can you possibly show us this jersey that you are talking about?

12. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Hi Forca, of course not. Nike wouldn't allow any pictures. I didn't even get to see the Portugal Home jersey because they didn't have any samples of it. They did mention that the color will be the same (Nike color code 611 I believe)

13. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    CSD's sources are legit, I still remember when he broke the news about what the WC 2006 kits would look like long before they were released, even told us about the red shorts thing.

good info, the away Portugal shirt sounds like it will look good.

any info about what the home kit will look like? I hope they bring back the green shorts or something the all red never sad well with me personally and alot of others.

14. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I was hoping we would have a multicolor stripe a la Lyon and we got one although in the middle seems odd. Did you ask them to bring back green shorts????

Any info on other teams?

Thanks for the info as usual CSD but let's hope we actually qualify.

15. umdemelo

umdemelo Member

Jul 15, 2006
    Charm City
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Not a fan, the away jersey looks like a golf shirt :confused:

Home isn't too bad but the black stripes on the collar bone and sudden change from hoops to solid green looks a little awkward. I also hate the 3 puma cats on the chest and each shoulder. 1 on the chest is more than enough.

16. umdemelo

umdemelo Member

Jul 15, 2006
    Charm City
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Plain but generally that's the way I like shirts. If it comes with the 3 stars over the badge and there's no massive Banco Espirito Santo on the back I might buy. I haven't bought a jersey in a few years.

I also understand that Sagres is our new jersey sponsor.

http://www.ojogo.pt/Directo/NoticiaHora_futslbpatrociniosagres_260609_146841.asp

17. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    the away jersey is better

because with the home, they ruined the greatest kit in football with all their inventions

[​IMG]

looks like they used the away jersy in training.

18. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    I believe Sagres has replaced BES on Benfica's jerseys, and Super Bock on Sporting's and Porto's jerseys.

19. umdemelo

umdemelo Member

Jul 15, 2006
    Charm City
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Ahh, so it's Sagres on the back where the BES was, and Porto and Sporting will have Super Bock.

That's an improvement, when the shirts said Banco Espirito Santo they looked like crap, it was so big the player number was tucked into the shorts. The BES is a big improvement but I would love to see the sponsor on the back gone forever. To be honest I would love to see the sponsorship on the front of shirts piss off as well.

Next shirt I get will probably be a retro 60's Benfica shirt from Toffs.

20. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    I don't like the sponsors either. I think the shirts looks so much better without them. Getting rid of the sponsor on the back of the shirt would be a good start, and if you need to keep one on the front for $$$ reasons, then at least it could be decent looking, like Vodafone for example. All of PT's logos (TMN, MEO, SapoADSL) are ugly.

21. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    Benfica's 2009/2010 home jersey, goalkeeper jersey, and training gear:
    [​IMG]

22. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
  23. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That should become a policy for every club:D

24. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    It might be back firing. Fans of a rival club have hacked into the system and are casting numerous votes for the lilac color jersey. Up until a few days ago, orange had a huge lead, now not so much.

25. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol thats pretty funny.