Calum Chambers transfer

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by oliver-94, Oct 26, 2015.

1. oliver-94

oliver-94 Member

Jul 17, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Not sure if there was a thread for this but we're fined £60, 000 for breaching FA's agent regulation in relation to the Chambers transfer from last season.

2. kanonier

kanonier Member+

Nov 7, 2005
    Bloomington, Ind.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I read the PDF of the finding - seems to be a pretty minor deal. Arsenal basically failed to check whether this guy, Philip Ercolano, was a licensed agent. Basically he was unlicensed and unauthorized but presented himself otherwise and the club didn't do their due diligence verifying that claim. The other agent involved, Alan Middleton, was licensed, but it says it's still considered fronting since PE did substantial work on the transfer.

The regulations are basically there to prevent an unlicensed agent from doing all the work and having a licensed agent "parachute in" at the end to do all the official signatures. There are two recent precedents at Brighton & Hove Albion & Sunderland.

Arsenal basically pleaded guilty to not checking on PE but not guilty to any purposeful wrongdoing, and the commission agreed.

3. ArsenalJake

ArsenalJake Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #3 ArsenalJake, Oct 26, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
    This transfer happened the day the Arsenal faced the New York Red Bulls in the States during pre-season last year.

I heard about it while standing in line to enter the stadium for the game. I didn't know much about the transfer (or Chambers) at the time. As I recall, there wasn't even a peep about this deal until all of a sudden it was done and announced.

Seems like a slap on the wrist for not following minute rules and regulations regarding agents. Honestly, I don't know who has the time to bother with such things a year later. Even more pathetic if the FA has been pursuing this since last year and its taken this long to resolve.

4. darcgun

darcgun Member+

Jan 11, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    60000 is small for us. and we acted in good faith, and the FA agreed. i don't think it's a big deal.

5. The English Hacker

Aug 8, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Can we just cancel the transfer instead?

6. oliver-94

oliver-94 Member

Jul 17, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Oh come on, he's still young.