Calling for tickets

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by jdm2662, Sep 3, 2002.

1. jdm2662

jdm2662 New Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Hillside, IL
    I'm curious on what number I should dial for tickets. I called MLS-FIRE today and here's my conversion(s).

The ticket office opened at 10:00. At 10:01, I placed the call.

guy: Chicago Fire.
    JDM: Hi, I'd like to get tickets for Saturday's game.
    guy: I'm sorry sir, we are sold out for Saturday.
    JDM: Don't you have any SRO available?
    guy: Um, ah, yeah, maybe we do. Let me put you on hold and find out.

I'm discoed two mintues later. I call back, same guy.

guy: Chicago Fire
    JDM: Yes, I like to order SRO for Saturday's game.
    guy: Ok, how many tickets do you need?
    JDM: I need four.
    guy: Oh, I'm sorry sir, I can't sell that over the phone. I can only sell 15 or more.
    JDM: Ok, can you xfer me to a dept that can sell me these tickets?
    guy: Uh, no. Where do you live?
    JDM: Elmhurst (I'm calling from work in Lisle)
    guy: Ok, you will need to come down to our box office to purchase the tickets. We are opened from 10-6. (I knew this already).
    JDM: Ok, thank you. (Discoed call)

Since I work about five miles from NCC, I went and got the tickets on lunch. The fact I couldn't get tickets over the phone was quite distrubing.

2. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002
    I'm willing to bet that if you called every other pro franchise in Chicago and tried to order 4 tickets, every single one would refer you to Ticketmaster.

In fact, the Fire's website specifies it as such...

http://www.chicago-fire.com/tickets/tix_single.asp

The guy on the phone should probably have known this, but the fact that you couldn't buy 4 tickets to a single game by calling the Fire does not surprise me in the least.

3. jdm2662

jdm2662 New Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Hillside, IL
    It's kind of hard to refer me to ticketmaster when they don't sell SRO. I've been told here the best way to buy tickets is to call the Fire, and not use ticketmaster.

4. Glenwood Lane United

Apr 28, 2001
    Hanover Park, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not 100% sure on this, but I believe there might be some sort of deal with Ticketmaster for exclusive rights to sell by phone. I tried calling for a game a few years back (it was either the Poi or Wilco post game concert), and my ticket rep told me if I wanted 5, I'd have to go throuigh TM unless I signed up for the voucher plan (which I did, and have done ever since).

Of course, back then, sell-outs just didn't happen.

5. jdm2662

jdm2662 New Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Hillside, IL
    I'm bringing a friend for a third time, and her brothers are coming for the first time. They are 12 and 10. I want to actually want them to come back... Oh well, I got the tickets, so who cares. See you all Saturday.

6. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    If you live out of state it's really easy to get single game over the phone. Next time ask me and I'll call from New York. Of course you'll need my credit card and ID, so you might as well fly me out there while we're at it... :D

7. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    if i ever need extra i just call my season ticket guy and have it put on will call. it has never been a problem.

8. feuerfex

feuerfex Member

Apr 21, 2001
    That's becasue that (calling up) is a perk of being a season ticket holder. Not so for the "unwashed" public.