"Califf, Robinson, Players of the Month" (Tuesday, 7/5/05)

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Goodsport, Jul 5, 2005.

1. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What do the players get from Maggiano's Little Italy when they win this award? A full course Italian dinner? Some brijole, a little ricotta, some saltimbocca (with the macaronis, of course) might be exactly the thing Eddie needs to stay healthy. Ah, pleasant thoughts that take me back to Union, NJ. Love it. :)

3. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they get an offer they can't refuse.

well deserved for those two, by the way. here's hoping eddie is healthy enough to win a couple more.

4. counterfitx26

counterfitx26 New Member

Apr 11, 2005
    dannys freakin the man...thats all there is to it.

even when he gets a lame ass red card and gets kicked outta the game for being stronger than most of the people out there, ya still love him

eddie's solid also for sure. our defense is steller. like the song

5. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
    Wow, that's an bad photo of Califf. :D He looks like Kenny from Half Baked.

6. sonofapitch

sonofapitch New Member

Feb 11, 2002
    Novato, CA
    A fitting award for the central defense!! Well done, guys! They really are terrific together. It is as someone suggested in another thread, Danny's arrival and calming/organizing influence in the back has settled Eddie's game. Eddie still plays tough, he just doesn't get overcharged and do things to pick up silly yellow cards.

I hope the Quakes can work out a deal to make Danny happy and keep him here after this season. He has turned out to be a terrific anchor in the back--somewhat in the manner Goos used to be. Eddie still is and always will be hard-nosed. Wade is good on the wing and a plus to have going forward (I know some will challenge this but Wade has it in him and he's coming along. Don't give up on him.) Kelly Gray has been a remarkable pickup, IMHO. I really like what he has brought to the right back spot and he can do something going forward, as well. With depth like Waibel (when back,) Hart and Aloisi, we're in pretty good shape on the defensive side.

Congrats, Eddie and Danny!