Calf Cramps

Discussion in 'Player' started by doctor_mooch, Sep 19, 2011.

1. doctor_mooch

doctor_mooch Member

Apr 12, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Hey i was wondering if some of you guys have experienced the same problem. I play on turf most of the time (90%), and the thing is, on some turfs, i can wear FG's no problem. I'm not worried about the studs catching, and i know turfs cleats should be worn, but i've become so accustomed to the feeling of FG's on turf, that i can't wear turfs or even runners on turf fields because it makes me feel like i have no traction. But that is besides the point. On my home field, i can wear FG's all day long, and no cramping in the calfs whatsoever. Yet, yesterday when i was playing an away game on 3g turf (the turf with small black pellets), i was wearing my pred powerswerves, and i was getting HUGE cramps in my calfs even though i had only played 5 minutes into the game. I had to switch to my HG laser III's right after, and the pain subsided. So i was wondering why this cramping occurs? Is it the softer field of the 3g? or is it the studs. MY home field is also turf, but its much more solid and less soft and spongy like the 3g's, but when i use my FG's on my home field, im perfectly fine. So would it just be the difference in softness of the 3g fields that cause my calf cramps?