Calendar discussion

Discussion in 'Italy' started by SueB, Jul 15, 2004.

1. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Re: Rolling Calendar (incl. summer training camps/friendlies)

Does anybody use this thread? I know I refer to it quite a bit, but I'm not sure if anybody else does. If so, any feedback or suggestions on how to improve it in terms of readability, format, title, other information to include, etc. are greatly appreciated! :)

2. Perugina

Perugina Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Grand Rapids MI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Thanks Sue for your work on the Italian boards. I peek every so often. Although I'm still in mourning over Perugia *sniff*

3. Catenaccio-maldini

Catenaccio-maldini New Member

Jul 26, 2004

thank you very much
    i mean this thread does not require that much participation from the users . . but it helps to keep in touch with the italian schedule . .

you are doing great in the italian board . .

4. amaranto

amaranto Member

Jan 22, 2004

Definitely a great resource. Thank you very much for putting it together!

5. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Re: Serie A Schedule (at last!)

the big game on the first day is Roma-Fiorentina! Milan should get and easy win agains Livorno...

6. ECMoney

ECMoney Member

May 9, 2003
    Toronto

Does anyone have the Serie B schedule also, or do you know where I could find it?

7. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT

They have only released the first week for Serie B so far. I will certainly post it here when it's available. www.gazzetta.it is a good source for news, if you don't want to wait for me :) BTW, they've reinstated Bari and Pescara in place of Napoli and Ancona although legal challenges continue, so this is by no means set in concret.

1ª giornata (11 settembre 2004):
    Arezzo-Catania
    Catanzaro-Bari
    Cesena-Triestina
    Empoli-Ascoli
    Modena-Genoa
    Perugia-Crotone
    Pescara-Piacenza
    Salernitana-Treviso
    Torino-Verona
    Venezia-Albinoleffe
    Vicenza-Ternana

8. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT

Actually, looks like the full Serie B schedule is also out. I think I'll post it in a separate thread.

9. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Re: Serie B Schedule

Thanks for the post. Sad that it had to lack Napoli and Acona.

10. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Re: Serie B Schedule

Go Salernitana!

11. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Most likely 2 of the matches involving Milan, Roma, Inter and Juve(if they qualify) will be moved to Saturday on the first week of the season because the CL kicks off on Sept 14-15. I think the Lega Calcio really did abit of harm to their CL particapants this year. They will only have one Serie A match to get ready for the CL. Whereas, most other clubs around europe will have already been a month in their season.

12. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Aug 12, 2004

Hi. I am going to be in Italy in September and have been waiting for this schedule so that I can schedule a match into my travel itinerary. Now I'm wondering.....is the home team listed first or second on this schedule? Also, how can I get tickets in advance from the states? Thanks.

13. GianPaolo

GianPaolo New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Long Island, NY

The second week Inter vs Palermo will be a good one.:)

14. SoccerMan94043

SoccerMan94043 Member+

May 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I am as well and it looks like we'll be in Milan on September 12. My guess is the home team is listed first, however I don't know that. Same question on the tickets :)

- Peter

15. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT

Yes, the home team for the "andata" (first leg) is listed first. For the "ritorno" (return leg), which takes place on the second set of dates listed for each giornata, the home team is listed second.

16. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Aug 12, 2004

I would never have figured that out. Thank you very much!

17. stillkickinitat44

stillkickinitat44 New Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Minnesota, USA

Looks like I'll be attending the Fiorentina-Cagliari match on the 19th, and maybe the Lazio-Milan match on the weekend of the 25th, if it's a Saturday night game. Thanks for posting that Sue! Now my wife and I can finally nail down our Italy itinerary!

18. Petri

Petri New Member

Aug 13, 2004
    Helsinki, Finland

12 September is allso Monza GP in Milan, so with CL starting wednesday i think that AC Milan-Livorno has good change to be played saturday.

And about tickets, i got my tickets from my travelling agency from who i allso
    got tickets to GP :cool:

19. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT

Much depends on the Champions League schedule for the following midweek. Matchday 1 is Sept 14-15. Whichever Italian team(s) plays on that Tuesday will automatically have their game switched to Saturday.

20. stillkickinitat44

Jul 10, 2004
    Minnesota, USA

Any way you could look into your crystal ball and determine if the Lazio-Milan match scheduled for the weekend of the 25th-26th might be played on Saturday the 25th?

21. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT

Afraid there is no way of knowing just yet. It pretty much depends on the Champions League draw and schedule, which takes place at the end of August. Assuming Inter qualifies for the CL, they will be opposite Milan eg one of them will play Tuesday each match day, while the the other plays on Wednesday. Depending on how things roll out, then, either Lazio-Milan or Inter-Parma will be the Saturday night game that week.

Now ... if Petri's hunch about the Monza Formula 1 GP is right and Milan plays on Saturday the 11th, that would allow them to be the Tuesday team on Matchday 1, which would make them the Wednesday team on Matchday 2, making Inter (if they qualify) the Tuesday team for Matchday 2, meaning Inter-Parma would be the more likely Saturday night game. But I could be wrong. :)

Anyway, these things generally get announced by the league about 3 weeks ahead of time. I know, not terribly helpful when planning a trip ...

22. stillkickinitat44

Jul 10, 2004
    Minnesota, USA

More helpful than not having a clue at all. Thanks.

23. SoccerMan94043

SoccerMan94043 Member+

May 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

hmmm. So I guess my best bet is to get tickets when I'm there. Any chance of getting walk up tickets?

- Peter

24. Petri

Petri New Member

Aug 13, 2004
    Helsinki, Finland

from UEFA:
    Group Stage
    14 September 2004
    20:45 (CET) Giuseppe Meazza - Milan

Internazionale - Bremen

Group Stage
    14 September 2004
    20:45 (CET) Shakhtyor - Donetsk

Shakhtar - Milan

I think this very much means that Inter and AC Milan will start their seasons on saturday 11th.

I'm gonna get my tickets to AC Milan-Livorno game tomorrow from my travelling agency.

25. stillkickinitat44

Jul 10, 2004
    Minnesota, USA

So does this mean that the Lazio-Milan fixture scheduled for the last weekend of September will most likely NOT be played on Saturday night the 25th? I guess that leads me to another question: Are the Saturday games always night games?