Calciomercato Parma

Discussion in 'Italy: Northern Clubs' started by 352gialloblu, Jun 29, 2005.

1. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Thread for the summer...

So far, I see we've lost Bovo. He was only on loan from Roma (and Palermo, joint), and he has gone to Rome for next year. Big loss or not a big deal?

Also, we've sold Amauri to Chievo (???), bought the rest of Contini (good, I think) and have a lot of co-ownership deals still active (including Bonazzoli!). http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun28k.html

And so far Gilardino is still a Parma player. But I still doubt he will be by summer's end. Hope we get good money for him and he doesn't start sulking.

2. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Apparently, Morfeo is now an Inter player. That kinda sucks. :cool:

3. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Parma has gotten 23-year-old defender Giovanni Pasquale on loan from Inter. Pasquale was on loan at Siena for most of this past season.

4. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  5. allycks

allycks New Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Parma, Italy
    Just in case you haven't heard the news, it's official:

Parma finally reached a deal with Milan yesterday. Gilardino to Milan for 24million Euros.

Meanwhile, looking to the future, we've signed our talented teenage midfield corps-- Savi, Dessena, Cignarelli-- to contract extensions through 2010. Cignarelli (I may be making a mistake on the spelling) has been compared to Morfeo and Pirlo and played on loan for Serie C San Benedettese last season, where he was considered their best player during the last part of the season.

Our obvious priority now is to sign a striker, as we've only got Gibbs and Sorrentino left. Ruopolo signed with Lokomotiv Moscow of all things. Rumors are that we're looking at Bogdani, one of the top goal-scorers in Serie B last season. Personally I think Miccoli would fit in nicely, but I think his contract is too big for us, unless a new ownership comes through...

6. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It seems that Parma only gets 12 million euros for Gila, the other 12 million goes to Verona. According to the article, Verona and Parma had an accord over the two players Parma bought from them, Seric and Gila. The deal was that if both players were sold, the money would be split 50% and divided among the two clubs. Looks like Parma is going to respect the deal too.

http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=74727&progr=3

7. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Not much going on with Parma, I guess. But they have signed a quasi-replacement for Alberto Gilardino, in the form of former Italian international Bernardo Corradi, who returns to Serie A on loan from Valencia:

http://it.sports.yahoo.com/050808/8/9ws9.html

8. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Parma got ex-Roma striker Marco Delvecchio.

9. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well, at least Delvecchio and Corradi will bring us some veteran presence, which we haven't had for a long time.

10. allycks

allycks New Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Parma, Italy
    As I said on the 'Prospects for 2005-6' thread, I've never really liked Delvecchio (or Corradi for that matter) but I do like the idea of having a guy of his experience coming off the bench. The prototype would be Solskaer at ManU.

11. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Looks like he's going to be back after all.
    http://it.sports.yahoo.com/050823/4/a79g.html

Based on the various acquisitions, despite the loss of Gilardino, I think Parma will get off to a better start this season, avoid all the horrors of last season's relegation battle, and finish safely in the middle of the table. There are just too many minnows in the league now to imagine otherwise.

12. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  13. allycks

allycks New Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Parma, Italy
    He'd been practicing with the team for a couple weeks, great news that it's official now. He had a sort of love-hate relationship with the fans last year, but he started to play with more consistency towards the end of the season and got some huge ovations at the Tardini. Morfeo's presence means Corradi can add another 7 or 8 goals to whatever his tally would've been without him.

14. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Domenico Morfeo

Had a phenomenal season last season. I'd say he's a very good addition on a permanent basis. He set up so many for Alberto Gilardino, Corradi and Del Vecchio should be excited.

Marco Marchionni
    Whats his injury status cud be very very valuable for Parma.

15. allycks

allycks New Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Parma, Italy
    Marchionni is still day-to-day.
    Unfortunately he's been day-to-day for about the last six months.
    He's running and working out, but it's been that long since he participated in a full practice with the team.
    You bet we'd love to have him healthy again.

16. allycks

allycks New Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Parma, Italy
    Rumors:
    Liverpool has put in a major offer for Bonera, it's up to him whether or not to accept the deal. Inter is on the sidelines.

Parma is trying for a last minute bid to bring back Marco Di Vaio. Would love to see that!!

17. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    they also want Miccoli!

18. allycks

allycks New Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Parma, Italy
    Miccoli probably costs too much for the time being, but damn I would love to see him here!

19. allycks

allycks New Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Parma, Italy
    For better or for worse, it looks like none of the above mentioned deals went through for us. Our only deal of note was the transfer of veteran defender Siviglia back to Lazio. No huge loss, considering the signing of Coly and the fact that Bonera didn't move on. Siviglia has shuttled back and forth between Parma and Lazio over the last few years.

20. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
  21. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
  22. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member