Cal and Coach being sued

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by Glove Stinks, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Chizzy

Chizzy Member+

She/Her
    United States
    Aug 7, 2003
    Upper Left, USA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #26 Chizzy, Oct 18, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2019

I think he or she might be implying that suing should be illegal or unconstitutional because millennials are “soft.”

What we really got in this thread is like reading an old man yelling at clouds.

mentor5959 repped this.
  2. Glove Stinks

Glove Stinks Member+

Jan 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Gen Z or Millennial. Call it what you want. It’s about entitlement. I don’t know this kid. I do personally know one of the others that was cut. It sucks. At the end of the day the coach was faced with some tough decisions that had to be made for the best of his team and his job. Big class coming in and a budget to stick to. I guess he could just roster the kid as a favor to a buddy. Ohh wait, wrong school

Socr4evaH and blissett repped this.
  3. Glove Stinks

Glove Stinks Member+

Jan 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    What I am implying is that people sue for stubbing their toe on a sidewalk. I’m sure this will conclude with a protest and burning down buildings. For god sakes it women’s college soccer and cuts happen at every school all the time

Socr4evaH, mpr2477 and blissett repped this.
  4. 6peternorth9

6peternorth9 Member

Nov 15, 2012
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    If the kid was mistreated or coaching staff did something to her then I get it, but clearly this is about an entitled kid and her parents unhappy about not getting what they want. Otherwise her lawyer who also sued Cal’s baseball team years ago(because they have lights, but their softball team didn’t) would be stating exactly what happened other than saying she should be on the team because she is (apparently) a good player.

mpr2477 and blissett repped this.
  5. devad

devad Member

Nov 18, 2012
    I think the issue is what is the definition of "mistreating." It used to be laying a hand on or inappropriate sexual contact. It has devolved into a completely different thing. People feel they are entitled to happiness regardless of their own actions. They can do whatever they want, and there should never be consequences. Those consequences are seen as punishment and mistreatment.

Sports used to be a great way for young people to learn how to deal with success and adversity and how to work on a team and all sorts of life lessons. It seems it has turned into something less. And that isn't good for our future.

outsiderview, mpr2477 and blissett repped this.
  6. espola

espola Member+

Feb 12, 2006
    Apparently a good youth player, but she appeared to be a marginal player on the Cal roster last year. The coach must make a judgment of he she compares to the others in her class and the incoming freshmen.

7. AZ House

AZ House New Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Oct 19, 2019
    Wow so a marginal player on a roster of 30 starts a game and plays in 12. Cal coach must have a huge rotation.

8. ytrs

ytrs Member+

Jan 24, 2018
    Cal had a poor record last year. So the coach would logically remove players who were not significant contributors, and bring in fresh talent. It is called roster management.

9. AZ House

AZ House New Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Oct 19, 2019
    So he would
    get rid of a player who was good enough to start 1 game and play 12 more on a roster of 30? I’m sure there were at least 10 girls who were healthy and didn’t see a minute of field time. Wouldn’t those be the first to go in roster management? And then you had some graduate. There has got to be something else to this. Strange that he would let that player go Unless she had a bad attitude or other Issues.

10. ytrs

ytrs Member+

Jan 24, 2018
    You find it impressive that a player played in 12 games in a losing season? Sorry but she was not good enough to get on the field on an every game basis. They had injuries. Maybe that is why she got a single start. Maybe she was awful in that start and that is why she never got another chance. This player is easily expendable. You ignore the graduating seniors and the incoming freshman. He needed to make roster changes. He did. He had every right to. She is fortunate he gave her the walk on opportunity in the first place.

espola repped this.
  11. 6peternorth9

6peternorth9 Member

Nov 15, 2012
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Strange to let players go that can’t help your team win games? Clearly they don’t need her based on how they are doing.

ytrs repped this.
  12. Cantcoach

Cantcoach Member

Barcelona
    United States
    Dec 29, 2017

Totally agree. And it’s his program if he believes the program will be better by removing this person he is totally within his rights to do so. Doesnt matter if it’s an ability issue or a character issue I’m sure the coach has his reasons.

ytrs repped this.
  13. Collegewhispers

Collegewhispers Member+

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Not sure if there is a way to merge this with the other Cal coach thread. The general consensus of this coach being sued initially seemed to be that the athlete was just bitter that they were cut. Is there any evidence that has changed the perspective or is this just the cancel culture jumping on something because it was on tv?

14. Cantcoach

Cantcoach Member

Barcelona
    United States
    Dec 29, 2017

Cancel culture is a real problem right now in my opinion. I do think that until actual evidence of abuse is demonstrated by those that are complaining is produced this a dubious case, but it is a terrible look for Cal soccer regardless. Even if he hasn’t abused his athletes there seems to be a culture problem at Cal.