Cagliari [R]

Discussion in 'Italy: Southern Clubs' started by Cassano, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Murru is great...Sau needs to go to a different team or something...

by the way is murru how you say wall in sardo?

2. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Not a problem. :)

Adryan's fitness has been an issue as of late. His physique was never that of a professional athlete. I hope you have good fitness coaches.

Adryan's natural role is the central trquartista. He is capable of playing on the left wing, but feels more comfortable in the hole.

3. sardus_pater

sardus_pater Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Sardinia Italy EU
    Club:
    Cagliari Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    :)

no, that would be muru (1 r).

single r never sound as double, that's something people trying to imitate the sardinian accent get often wrong. now, t and m are really heavy and they do often sound double in sardinian speakers. depending on the place (not everywhere in sardinia) also l and n may sound like double.

"murru" = italian "muso", snout. and yes murru the player is promising. sau is good even though he's not having a great season.

p.s. are you curious to hear how sardinian sound? (this is the southern dialect of the sardinian language, ie campidanese, the most spoken one)

4. sardus_pater

sardus_pater Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Sardinia Italy EU
    Club:
    Cagliari Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I just read a forum where they have already nicknamed him "feijoadryan" :) we are quick with nicknames. that's like a national sport.

As I said we do need a central trequartista. I also read he had a good training match, no other info.

5. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    wow sounds so different. In the Cosenza area of calabria where my family is from U'mur means wall or the wall.

6. sardus_pater

sardus_pater Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Sardinia Italy EU
    Club:
    Cagliari Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    it's more similar than you may think, even though sardinian is a language on its own, while calabrese is an italian dialect. It's not a nationalistic attitude, it's just the way it is, how linguists put it. It's particularly interesting to them cause it's the most conservative romance language, ie the one who departed less from latin.

in sardinian "the wall" is su muru.

sardinian language took the article from latin ipse-ipsa-ipsud so it's su (s.m.), sa (s.f.) in the singular form.
    things are different depending on the variant you speak for the plural article, we from the southern half of sardinia use is -> the walls = is murus (medieval sardinian would have been issus murus), and it's the same for feminine and masculine. while the northern half (most of it) use sos and sas -> the walls = sos muros.
    I said most of the northern half of sardinia because in the extreme north, including sassari, they speak a subdialect of corsican ie an italian dialect.

a map of sardinian dialects
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1f/Sardinia_Language_Map.png

ahaha, you can see it is a lazy day here at work. :)

7. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I see Adryan is starting the settling process by going out to dinner and putting up a picture on Instagram with Danilo Avelar among others.

8. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    amazing calabrese was my first language i was raised by my grandparents when i was little even though im born and raised in the USA I feel more at home when I visit calabria because it bring back the memories of staying with my nonni just to hear the way they used to talk from other people bring back great memories.

9. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Looks like my interest in Cagliari will continue to grow. Sounds like one of my idols, Julio Cesar, also keeper of the Seleção, will be joining Cagliari.

10. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    former inter keeper JC?

11. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Correct.

12. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was surprised when he moved to QPR and not the likes of arsenal, city, spurs heck even napoli would have been better. Cagliari is a step up(at least defensively).

13. sardus_pater

sardus_pater Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Sardinia Italy EU
    Club:
    Cagliari Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    mmm Julio Cesar... I'll believe it when I see it. That would be good! :)

14. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I liked Agazzi...

15. sardus_pater

sardus_pater Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Sardinia Italy EU
    Club:
    Cagliari Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [​IMG]
    they enjoyed some kart racing (from left to right ekdal, avelar, sau, oikonomou, adryan, dessena, ibarbo, eriksson)

oikonomou (young greek central defender) won. adryan ended in third position. :)

16. sardus_pater

sardus_pater Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Sardinia Italy EU
    Club:
    Cagliari Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    me too. Not really great aerial ability and handling, but great reflexes and one vs one. Overall he's a good gkeeper. His guilt is not wanting to sign an extension of the contract. That is why cellino decided to put him out of the squad and sell him (if someone makes an offer).

17. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    spero che andra' a napoli...

18. sardus_pater

sardus_pater Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Sardinia Italy EU
    Club:
    Cagliari Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Rumours are growing and growing about an imminent acquisition of cagliari calcio by Qatar emirs. The latest one tells that they will buy 70% of the club, while cellino would keep a 30% and its president position.

Of course I'll believe it when I see it.

Al Thani royal family has vast interests in Sardinia. They own Costa Smeralda (the VIP destination in Europe, the most expensive one) and would like to invest and create a new "costa smeralda" in the SW of Sardinia (Teulada area).

For now, even though rumour has it that they will announce the deal on february, 14, I'll put this in the "too good to be true" category.

19. sardus_pater

sardus_pater Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Sardinia Italy EU
    Club:
    Cagliari Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Jeez... more people spreading the rumour that Qatar sports investment (same as PSG) have already bought 70% of cagliari calcio spa, just a matter of announcing the deal. I am starting to believe... if this in the end will amount to nothing I am going to pursue all the rumour spreaders and heavily beat them.

Il Ciuccio repped this.
  20. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #345 Il Ciuccio, Jan 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
    un eta' d' oro per i Sardi !

sardus_pater repped this.
  21. sardus_pater

sardus_pater Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Sardinia Italy EU
    Club:
    Cagliari Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Last rumour has it that the deal is almost done and will be completed next week in Miami where Cellino lives. Well, it's more than a rumour, it's also a news published in the most important local newspaper Unione Sarda. They say Cellino and Nasser Al-Khelaifi are close friends.

More funny staff is that they report that other 2 offers have been made, one supposedly involving the owner of Luxottica... it's sci-fi to me, why would they (luxottica) want to buy cagliari and not some more important team?
    The Al Thani royal family make sense ie they do have important interests in Sardinia and they would probably get huge PR advantages, luxottica make little sense, but, yes, everything is possible, included that when Cellino shows to be really keen to sell, buyers surface.

I still want to see it with my own eyes before believing. Cellino is f***ing crazy and very capable of ruin at the last minute a deal almost done.

22. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    allora diventera una squadra come psg o piu o meno come la roma e il napoli?

23. sardus_pater

sardus_pater Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Sardinia Italy EU
    Club:
    Cagliari Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    who knows. for now we're still one of cellino's clubs... thus a team with the only ambition of avoiding relegation in the most comfortable way.

24. sardus_pater

sardus_pater Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Sardinia Italy EU
    Club:
    Cagliari Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy