"cab at the Home Depot?"

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by cmoore4, Nov 6, 2004.

1. cmoore4

cmoore4 New Member

May 7, 2000
    A travel agent working with the Wizards is telling me that you can't get a cab at the Home Depot. I thought maybe one of you would tell me if this is true. I know there are parts of Kansas City in which you can wait a LONG Time for a cab. Does this person know what they are talking about? Thanks.

2. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man. . . you really had to rub it in, didn't you. . .

3. MarkA

MarkA New Member

Jul 9, 2003
    SoCal
    In two years, I’ve seen a grand total of about five cabs at the HDC, always outside the SW gate.

I would not count on the chance of having an empty cab available for you as your sole means of transportation to/from the HDC. Calling for a cab to come get you in what is very nearly Compton won’t be the easiest thing to do either.

It’s LA, just rent a car like everyone else does.

4. ucsdguy

ucsdguy New Member

Jul 28, 2003
    very few cabs around home depot center. I probably wouldn't trust taking a cab in Carson anyway...

5. iride_mybike

iride_mybike Member

Mar 31, 2004
    DFW
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have come out to HDC from Dallas 2 times and have never had a problem getting a cab there.

6. dropkick chalky

dropkick chalky New Member

Apr 2, 2003
    Santa Monica, CA
    cell phone + directions +cab company phne number = cab anywhere.

7. Snapshot

Snapshot New Member

Aug 24, 2001
    Orange, CA
    I've seen cabs and there's a cab stand located on the north/west side of the stadium. Where are you staying? If you make some friends at the gala, you can always catch a ride with one of them. If you're at the Hilton there's probably a bus ride that goes near there. The Carson Mall is about 2 mi. from the stadium. If you stay at the Hampton Inn, just walk back to the hotel. Very close.