C2007 Game 116 Pumas vs. San Luis

Discussion in 'Pumas de UNAM' started by Disco Dale, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Well, 7 games without a win, playing good football, but a problem scoring, and the odd defensive lack of concentration seemingly punished every time. I am convinced we are going to win this game. And win it well. Sticking my neck out - it will be 3-0.

Amazingly we can still fight for a direct place in Liguilla, however, we need to win this game, and Morelia, Santos and Tigres all have to fail to win, and that would give us a chance next week. However, even to have a chance even for the repechaje we must really win these last two games, and then look to other results.

Verlarde fine, Chupa fit again, Ailton looking a bit fitter each week, guess we will see 4-4-2, I wonder if he will be tempted to start with Chupa? He also seems determined to find a way in for Íñiguez, but naturally he would be on the right, but that would need such a massive change in the team, with Parejita, Castro, Leandro, Sancho all so important, what could he do? So I guess it will be Bernal, Velarde, Pikolin, Veron, Castro, Chiapas/Ailton, Sancho, Leandro, Pareja, Paco, Scocco (or Chupa, or Gonzalez)

go on:- I've stuck my neck out with scoreline, why don't the rest of you?

2. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I wont go as far as Dale with a 3-0, but I do think we can win, maybe a 1-0 if the backline holds up, 2-1 if it doesn't.

3. John Jagou

John Jagou BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 8, 2006
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    I think just asking for a win at this point is sticking your neck out. But I have a good feeling about this one, so I say 2-0.

4. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    ...well, so far Tigres and Santos both lose .... we really must win tomorrow ....

5. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Ailton from Paco ties it after Luna had San Luis ahead. 1-1 going into the half.

6. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
  7. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    well, blimey, who would of thought that. With Tigres, Santos and Morelia all losing, it seems a win against Tigres will see us directly into the liguilla (unless Santos win by 2 more goals then we win by, or morelia win by 4 more goals than we do).

Once again we started very strongly, but I spotted the fade after about 10 mins. Ailton's still rusty, but keen, and Tuca's changes were all wrong. S many passes going astray for long periods of the game, didn't seem to want to control the game, when we clearly could have.

Once again a draw in a game in which there was no reason for us not to win.

8. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    This game was rather frustrating. Sure we had our shots on goal like always but we just cannot turn them into goals. Ailton is still shit. Dude almost missed the goal but I guess he deserves credit for scoring. Lucky set of circumstances we have as Dale pointed out. Hope it doesn't get ********ed up:mad: I want to see the team at the big dance

On a side note, can we get that 12 year old Chiva troll banned?

9. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Any one have a quick link to the Abreu is Marica Chanting?

Ill check this afternoon when I can.

10. PasionPorElTri

PasionPorElTri New Member

Jun 27, 2005
    Guadalajara, Mexico
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  11. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I lol'ed.

Thats some sig material.
    He seems to have some class, joking around in the press conference.

12. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    at this point i dont think we deserve to be in la liguilla...not the way we are going in...i dont expect us to even go to el repechaje even though anything could be possible in this league...

dont get me wrong, i do want pumas to be in la liguilla, its just that i really dont think we will do too much once there...

the game against san luis sucked again...i am tired of all these ties but glad we will not go to the primera A, which was the reason why tuca was hired...

about the article, i am glad tuca answered back and i agree with him that the hour pumas has every sunday at home ********ing sucks and kills the espectaculo as well...who else plays at noon besides pumas?

13. John Jagou

John Jagou BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 8, 2006
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Pumas has played at noon at home as long as I can remember. Even when they were on canal13. Nowadays, no one else plays at noon, so they have what amounts to an exlusive national television audience.

The way this season has gone, I expect pumas to beat tigres because no one is expecting it, and then win a round in the liguilla.