Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by NJPsycho, Dec 18, 2003.

1. NJPsycho

NJPsycho New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Dirty Jerzee
    http://www.soccer365.com/_365_Interviews/page_123_63816.shtml

favorite quote:

2. dub77

dub77 New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    in denial
    quote:
    If the best players in the Major Indoor Soccer League played the best players in Major League Soccer in an indoor soccer game, who would win and by what score?
    We would definitely beat them. I’d say 10-5.

How about outdoor?
    We’d beat them at outdoor too, because of the skill level. I know it’s kinda cocky of me to say that, but I think we’d beat them.

This is what soccer is missing here a real soccer rivalry. I can just see it now the "World Series" of soccer indoor vs outdoor. It's be great.

3. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Dear Wade,

When people make fun of indoor soccer, it's not because people think it looks easy. They make fun of you because they think it looks stupid. Trust me, I know.

Sincerely,
    David Blaine

4. sanariot

sanariot Member

Nov 19, 2001
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I used to like Wes Wade when I lived in San Diego in the early '90s and he was playing for the Sockers but he really sounds like an idiot here. I wonder if someone could dig up a picture of him from back then with his big blond mullet.

5. sanariot

sanariot Member

Nov 19, 2001
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Maybe tennis could stage a series of matches against ping pong too ha? Polo vs. water polo? Basketball vs. handball? Rugby vs football? Baseball vs. cricket? Hockey vs. figure skating?

7. dub77

dub77 New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    in denial
    I really think you've got something there!

8. NorwichBu

NorwichBu Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Columbus, OH
    saw the movie clip. 2nd best soccer mullet ever. after etcheverry.

9. bbsbt

bbsbt Member+

Feb 26, 2003
    cock-fighting vs . . . . ummm... never mind

10. jameseyla

jameseyla Member

Jun 8, 2003
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    jeff agoos was a dallas sidekick

11. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm pretty sure the indoor guys would beat the outdoor guys at indoor...but not at outdoor. They would have neither the speed or the indurance to do it. Indoor is a fun game, and it takes a lot of skill--and often very different ones from the outdoor game--but it ain't the real thing. I'm just impressed the indoor league has survived this long!

12. fatmaradona

fatmaradona New Member

Dec 15, 2002
    the Anschutz ranch
    I'd take the outdoor guys at indoor, so long as they get some practice. I find that, in sports, those with more skill, speed, strength, and enduranceusually win. Add that i think MLSers have more commitment to the game.

13. MtMike

MtMike Member+

Nov 18, 1999
    the 417
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    heck, if Bruce Arena would had indoor players on the NATS during the last world cup instead of MLS players, we'd a won the whole dang thing instead of a measly 8th.

14. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    That goal was by former Wiz/Wizards benchwarming forward Paul "the fastest man in MLS" Wright.

15. Crewmudgeon

Crewmudgeon Member+

Sep 3, 1999
    Crewdom
    Yah, what was Bruce thinking. Forget those outdoor losers. With Wes Wade and his MISL buds, we could rule the world.

16. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    ha...ha...ha...[​IMG]

17. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Actually our indoor stars got upset in the last round of CONCACAF futsal qualifying and missed out the trip to Guatemala 2000.

I should check to find out when/where qualifying for Chinese Taipei 2004 is.

Okay, here's the info:
    http://www.fifa.com/en/display/article,72642.html

19 countries are vying for CONCACAF's two slots in Taiwan. The first round will be between March 1st and April 30th.

The second/final round will be a tournament in Costa Rica that will end by July 31st.

18. The Creeper

The Creeper New Member

Jul 18, 2000
    Up in MA

What are the differences between our indoor league and international futsal? I've never seen a full game of either actually.

19. Anthony

Anthony Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Aug 20, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was a man?

20. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Futsal is played on a basketball court type of surface with no sidewalls. American style indoor soccer is usually played on some sort of rubber surface with hockey style boards and a larger goal. American indoor soccer is a faster paced pinball style game, while futsal involves a lot more touch passing.

I'm not going to say one game is better than the other. "indoor soccer" is definitely the more enjoyable for the casual fan, but it's more rollerball

21. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Apparently that was Wes Wade!

22. Gareth

Gareth Member

Dec 13, 2000
    Futsal is now played on sportcourt, where possible, although many at the recreational level play on basketball courts - a plastic surface that was designed primarily for Roller Hockey.

Indoor is played on synthetic turf. Many of the recreational facilities play on the new Fieldturf type of product, although without exception, the professional game is played on old style turf.

My personal opinion is that watching Futsal is like watching paint dry - I went to the nationals this year and its just SO boring. Indoor is a complete bastardization of the outdoor game, basically, its a cross between hockey and soccer. Its a lot more physical a game than either futsal or outdoor (much of it by design of the people that run the game) - and is really good to watch if you can get more than a 1/4 full arena which creates a fun atmosphere. The game has developed a style and systems all of its own, and well worth a watch out of season for MLSers.

That being said - the MISL allstars would beat the MLS allstars (as long as Preki (who is one of the all time great indoor players) wasnt playing and coaching in an indoor game. As for outdoor, expect the MLS to win by a football score.