BVB to build new trainings complex

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by jonam, Jul 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    Finally we get an own trainings ground. We will start with 4 pitches (1 artificial, 3 natural) and will later add another 3. A functional building will be set up.

First 4 pitches wil be ready by winter.

[​IMG]

2. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Nice!!!!
    How close to the stadium?

3. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
  4. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
  5. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    First pitch is available for tomorrow's practise session! Finally we got an own trainings complex! :)

[​IMG]

At all we will get 3 natural and 1 artificial pitch immediately. Later pitches 5-7 will be build. And it looks like there is space for another 3.

2 of the first 4 pitches will have undersoil heating.

6. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    One more pic:

[​IMG]

7. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Where do Borussia train at usually?

8. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    The place is called "Im Rabenloh" and is right next to Westfalenstadion. The pitch (actually it is one and a half pitch) is city owned and crap as there is no undersoil heating.

Ther new complex will be one of the best in Bundesliga. After step 2 and 3 have been made it might be the best (only Hertha, Bayern and Schlacke come close).

Aerial pic (link active for 48h only): http://www.stadtplandienst.de/fastlink.asp?key=009587561f2c7089fc8c6512b4411653

9. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
  10. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Right next to a golf course cool...then I can shank one of my trademark shots and hit Philip Degen...maybe then he'll shape up. :D

btw, where the training ground is looks like a potato patch to me

11. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    Btw, yesterday there was a test match against Preußen Münster. So to say, the first real match on our new trainings ground. We won 4-0 (Sahin, 2x Smolarek, Saka)

12. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

"jonam", did I ever tell you my "Am Rabenloh" Herrlich/Dede story? Not long, but I thought pretty cool.

13. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion

Can't remember...let's hear it!

14. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Drew (from the list) and a friend of his came over to Germany about five or six years ago to visit. One weekend, I picked them up in Frankfurt and drove them up to the Dortmund area for a weekend. BVB played Leverkusen at home that weekend. I believe it was the match that Schneider hit that goal from midfield on Lehmann.

Anyhow, the trip worked out for me as I was seeing a girl down in Gevelsberg (20 minutes south of Dortmund). The Friday before the match, I agreed to meet Drew at Am Rabenloh for BVB training. That day, I was wearing my BVB training jacket for cold weather. One of the older Nike ones before we did the "goool.de" thing.

Drew, Anne (my ex-girlfriend) and I were standing around talking as Billy Reina did some extra laps. As Reina was coming off, he acknowledged us, and we had a few words. At that time, Heiko Herrlich, (still on his brain tumor break) arrived for what I assume was some treatment or just to hang with the team.

He looked our way, moved to come over and then, stopped nodded, and went in.

Later, we found out as Reina was leaving that Herrlich thought I was Dede! LOL!! :D

Drew and I still get a laugh out of that one!

15. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion

Sweet story! Though you should have just put on your soccer boots and done some practise! ;-)

16. kingb71

kingb71 Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Toronto
    Can you play right back??

;)

17. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Back then, I could have at least kept up! LOL!!! :D

18. Hypo-Luxa

Hypo-Luxa New Member

Oct 13, 2002
    Austin,TX

Ugh...I still remember that goal...while it was masterful I was still gutted...hadn't we just tied the game up? And he scored off of a stupid giveaway...grrr...still bitter about it!

19. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Imagine how it felt being in the stadium...... Man, was I angry. And I argued profusely with everyone who tried to blame Lehmann.

Who lost the ball? Wasn't it Evanilson?

20. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
  21. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    BVB will build 3 more pitches (total of 7) and some new training facilities like a sprinting track that is elevated on one side. In addition a medium-sized fanshop will be build (650 square metres).

22. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Next time we meet in Dortmund, we have to check that place out!

23. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    And even better. BVB plan to give up his Megastore in Dortmund-Hörde (Dortmund's South) by 2008 (when the renting contract expires) and move the whole merchandising to the new trainings complex in Dortmund-Brackel (Dortmund's Northwest). 400 square metres of sale plus some offices and a storehouse.

IMHO a very good decision as the actual Megastore is somehow off the actions. The new trainings complex will become even more crowed with attractions like this.