Buying a Coach - Attack / Def / Neutral?

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by BrianJames, Nov 19, 2004.

1. BrianJames

BrianJames Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Chicago
    So I'm thinking about upgrading my poor/passable coach to a poor/solid to improve training. Poor/excellent is just not an option, I've got a little extra money but not that much.

Currently I'm training defense and will be sticking with that for at least the next season and half. Possibly switching to forwards but it's too far down the line to decide on that (if it's too much trouble to switch I'll just stick with defense anyways).

Anyone have advice for choosing between a coach's attacking/defensive/neutral type? I've read a defensive coach is best overall, but only found one reference to that. Maybe an offensive coach is better for a team that has defensive tactics, or its not a big deal and neutral might be the best for a somewhat well-rounded team?

2. Kevin in Louisiana

Kevin in Louisiana New Member

Feb 7, 2003
    Metairie, LA
    Get a solid trainer with poor leadership.

3. ur_land

ur_land New Member

Aug 1, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    CHoose a the specialty that you want to emphasize. If your offense needs a boost (or the teams in your series have stronger defenses than offenses) pick an offensive coach. If vice versa, then pick a defensive coach. If it really doesn't matter, pick a balanced coach. I always pick an offensive coach because my series is traditionally filled with defnsive trainers and I like attacking soccer!

4. BrianJames

BrianJames Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Chicago
    Thanks! Leaning towards an offensive coach, as my defense is solid but need some scoring improvement. Neutral might be better for the long run. Either way I wont go for a def. coach which I would have done otherwise.