Busy Signal

Discussion in 'Technical Problems and Bug Reports' started by When Hell Unfreezes, Oct 21, 2004.

1. When Hell Unfreezes

Jan 8, 2004
    London
    Is there a problem with the site, I'm getting the busy signal at all times of the day and night? I'm talking 8.00am London time which is the mddle of the night in the USA?

Or is it my end? :(

2. Mikey10

Mikey10 Member

Sep 20, 2003
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Upgrade to Premium, and you're sorted. It really doesn't cost a lot and is well worth it, plus it supports the site..

3. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Sounds odd, we haven' had much busy signals since adding another server to the farm not so long ago.

4. When Hell Unfreezes

Jan 8, 2004
    London
    Must be my end then - it's coming up all the time, not just busy times, but every time I try to access the site.

May have something to do with the 'firewalls' at work, I'm no IT whizz!

It's unbearably slow as well!

Only happened this week :(

5. When Hell Unfreezes

Jan 8, 2004
    London
    Suddenly it's working again :)

6. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm getting a ton of busy signals the past 2 days. It was bad a month ago or so, then no problem since, but it is happening again since yesterday.

7. Foots

Foots Member

Jan 7, 2002
    Ellicott City, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    I have been getting a lot of busy signals recently too.

8. swedcrip34

swedcrip34 New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    They got in my way.

Paid $1.25 a month

problem fixed

so the sites secret plan to get rich worked

oh well

will just have to skip a couple of meals :(

9. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Starting around maybe 10pm CDT/EST, it's been constant busy signals through to right now (except for a brief period around midnight when I managed to get through consistently long enough to do a little browsing).

10. When Hell Unfreezes

Jan 8, 2004
    London
    Me too - it's bad again :(

11. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    its being worked on. promise. hit reload and you'll likely b ounce to the other server which is faster.

12. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The slowness of BS in the evenings has been driving me crazy for a few days now.

13. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The busy signal was back for the last hour or so... is there something wrong, or was there something to produce a lot of traffic?

14. When Hell Unfreezes

Jan 8, 2004
    London
    Yep - it's back - must be a server problem again :(

15. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I ran into the Busy signal problem for the past 10 minutes trying to log in without cookies.

Is BigSoccer really that popular at five in the morning (Eastern Standard Time)? :confused:

16. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    i caught some slowness earlier myself... although no busy signals

17. Lithium858

Lithium858 Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Baton Rouge
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The site had a lot of busy singal yesterday. Oh...oops I mean two days ago. They are inconsistant though. That's what confuses me! It used to be everyday at 12 pm pacific.

18. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Give me your address and I'll mail you a sandwich.

19. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    I have just noticed that during the "Busy Signal" there is a link to join the Supporters Club and when clicking on that link you never get the "Busy Signal". But when clicking somewhere else you do get it...

20. JonnyQuest

JonnyQuest Member

Mar 3, 1999
    We've had some troubles with one of our web servers. We have taken it offline as we sort them out. This should eliminate the random problems, however, there may be issues if the site gets very busy (with people, not with problems). I think everything should be OK though as things have been fairly quiet.

21. Dan Roudebush

Dan Roudebush New Member

Mar 31, 1999
    I put my message in the wrong place. Not only do I get the "busy signal" during non busy hours it apears that it has degenerated to this:

---
    Warning: Unknown(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolution in /home/bsiroot/public_html/forum/global.php(394) : eval()'d code on line 10

Warning: Unknown(http://www.mlsnet.com/MLS/offsite/getTeamHeader.jsp?team=coc): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/bsiroot/public_html/forum/global.php(394) : eval()'d code on line 10

Warning: Unknown(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolution in /home/bsiroot/public_html/forum/global.php(394) : eval()'d code on line 10

Warning: Unknown(http://www.mlsnet.com/MLS/offsite/getTeamHeader.jsp?team=coc): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/bsiroot/public_html/forum/global.php(394) : eval()'d code on line 10

Fatal error: (null)(): Failed opening required 'http://www.mlsnet.com/MLS/offsite/getTeamHeader.jsp?team=coc' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/bsiroot/public_html/forum/global.php(394) : eval()'d code on line 10

22. When Hell Unfreezes

Jan 8, 2004
    London
    I've been plagued with the busy signal for the last 24 hours, is one of the servers down?