Bush wins in a landslide...

Discussion in 'Elections' started by peledre, Oct 21, 2004.

1. peledre

peledre Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  3. TheWakeUpBomb

TheWakeUpBomb Member

Mar 2, 2000
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Bush won the Scholastic poll, which I also thought had never been wrong (unless it was wrong in 2000).

4. peledre

peledre Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw that on one of the tickers this morning as well.

5. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    We had Channel 1 in my high school, of course I went to a Catholic High School, and Channel 1 was in all the high schools within the Diocese (so that would be about 4 to 5 thousand kids). The only reason we had it is that they paid for TVs in the classroom, provided we left the TV on during Homeroom so we could watch all their ads. Needless to say, I am putting no stock into this poll. And its not just because Bush won, if they had Kerry by the same margin I would say its still a crap poll.

6. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    I have a better reason.

Kids can't legally vote. ;)

I wonder if superdave will complain this was not posted in the Polls thread.

7. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We had a mock election at my school in 1968. I was in first grade and I got to vote.

I voted for Richard Nixon because that's who my parents were voting for. In later years (when I was 10 or 11 or so) I recall being deeply, deeply ashamed. Now, of course, I say look, you were only 6 years old and had no way of knowing any better. However, my 11yo self didn't give me that much of a break.

Anyway, polling kids is silly but still vaguely interesting, assuming the kids are older than 6.

8. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    I wonder who's winning the latest poll among dead voters.

9. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    The dog end of a day gone by
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I once worked in a costume shop for the month of October and the owner claimed to be able to tell who would win the election by which candidate sold the highest number of masks.

10. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Exactly the same at my high school. And I too went to a Catholic school. I didn't even realize Channel 1 was still around.

11. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    Reagan won in my 4th grade class back in 1980! Let me think, I must have been at least 16 by then. :p
    I voted for him.

12. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    You'll have to ask 1953 4-2-4.
    He is the one with all the crack head / dead voter numbers.

13. Chesco United

Chesco United Member+

DC United
    Jun 24, 2001
    Chester County, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    In 1992, my junior high school's poll had Perot winning 60% of the vote, Clinton and George H.W. Bush were both around 20%. Take that FWIW.

14. obie

obie New Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NY, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We all know the only true lock-solid Presidential election predictor is how the Redskins do in their last game before the election. Come on Packers!

15. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    Think of the children!

As the great Whitney Houston once said, "The children are the future!"

She is also quoted as saying, "Bobby, where's my crack pipe!"
    So, make of it what you will.

16. Barbara

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You've hit upon my really secret shame.

I voted for Reagan not once, but twice.

1980 & 1984.

God save me.

17. Chesco United

Chesco United Member+

DC United
    Jun 24, 2001
    Chester County, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I voted for W in 2000. (I was 22.) I think that one won't get better with time.

18. Barbara

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. You poor thing. You're gonna have to live with that for the rest of your life.

;)

(the truth is that there was no way to know in 2000 what a total disaster W would be.)

19. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

ummm it really shouldnt have been a mystery to anyone - i warned everyone around me that he would flush this country down the toilet - what had he ever done to make you think he was even remotely competent?

20. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I felt the same way, however when it came down to it and I had to vote for Gore... In hindsight, that kind of made me want to hurl.

21. LeperKhan

LeperKhan New Member

Aug 10, 2000
    St. Paul, MN
    I was in 3rd grade in 1980 and we had our mock election. I think there was me and one other kid who voted for Carter - everyone else voted for Reagan.

22. dawgpound2

dawgpound2 Member

Mar 3, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
    Your 3rd grade class was pretty well tuned in.

How did your 7th grade class do with Mondale/Reagan?

23. Chesco United

Chesco United Member+

DC United
    Jun 24, 2001
    Chester County, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I was a pretty loyal Republican in 2000. I didn't like Bush, due to his butchering of the world leaders quiz and the dirty tricks campaign against McCain. I most likely would've voted for Bradley had he been the nominee. Al Gore just really bugged me. I had planned to write in "None of the Above" for the presidential race, but I somehow convinced myself that W was smart enough to realize he was an idiot and listen to his advsors. D'oh, d'oh, d'oh.

24. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    There was plenty of warning: his complete ignorance of world affairs, the fact that he attracted from the get-go the kind of morons that still think that Iraq had WMD and that Saddam supported Al Qaeda.

That fact alone made me feel sorry for intelligent Republicans, b/c I figured Bush would be the downfall of their party, and everybody deserves a voice in politics. In their party loyalty, many were/are oblivious to his stupidity. I can't say I blame them, b/c Dems would do the exact same thing (be blindly loyal to a president from their party).

If Bush wins, I don't see things getting better for the Republican Party. In fact, the press has already sensed blood and will continue to hound the president and his staff, party leadership in the House and Senate will NOT be willing to sign off on just about anything he says, the shizit's gonna hit the fan in Iraq (and not just on the ground, but in the investigations about the lead up to the war).

25. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I was still eating paste at 11. I've always been a supporter of recreational drug use.