Bush voters are ignorant, mostly because they believe Bushie lies

Discussion in 'Elections' started by superdave, Oct 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kerry understands that the modern problem of terrorism is mostly a problem of non-state actors. Bush is oblivious to that fact. That's why Bush CREATED a swamp in Iraq, when our strategy should be to DRAIN the swamps.

I could go on longer, but I wanna be sure you understand this crucial, fundamental, vital difference before wasting my time.

2. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

you are completely imagining this exchange... and "change because it's cool"?

:rolleyes:

3. oblivious? kerry cant make up his mind about his own believes how do you expect him to know anything about terrorists or terrorism???

4. tcmahoney

tcmahoney New Member

Feb 14, 1999
    Metronatural
    Weekends are a great time to fix things.

5. wow thats all you can do

a bunch of liberal democrats take advantage that conservative republicans dont use the internet to say theyre stupid

that is one of the most clean and truthful things you can do :rolleyes:

6. tcmahoney

tcmahoney New Member

Feb 14, 1999
    Metronatural
    Have you actually checked out the Senator's positions on terrorism, or do you just wave the BC04 sign around?

7. his posistions are defending america and not fighting a war on terrorist he will do anything to keep CUNTries such as france and germany as friends even if it means leaving a country known to support terrorists alone. He cares about more what europe think then what america thinks. He doesnt care about us he doesnt care about protecting us all he cares about is giving in to the european ********** and allowing them to wipe the floor with our dead army corpse.

8. tcmahoney

tcmahoney New Member

Feb 14, 1999
    Metronatural
    Superdave, you're getting proved right. Again.

Just for comedy value, I'm going to ask you to back that up.

9. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rarely do you see a post like the quote above with 0% substance and 100% filler. Assuming you're not just another wind-up merchant, that is. If you are a wind-up merchant, then nice job on your post. It's often difficult to tell the wind-up merchants from the real Reeps these days since so many Bush fans have drifted into outright self-parody in the last two years.

10. Own Goal Hat-Trick

Jul 28, 1999
    ColoRADo

11. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    How could anyone say Bush voters are ignorant after reading that informed opinion?

;)

12. Kelly Vargas

Kelly Vargas New Member

Jul 11, 2003
    Scottsdale, Az
    hold on just a minute libs... before you tear ILC apart more, ill explain what he's saying so you can understand...

er..

um..

yeah.. even i cant back this one up!! This justifies supporting bush just about as well as saying "So what if we went to war for oil, i love iraqi oil.."

13. Metros Striker10

Metros Striker10 New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    How the heck can you assume something that you have absolutely no clue of? Do you have any proof that what I have said is fake? I want to stay neutral on BS, but I think that every once in a while I see somethings here that simply make no sense.

When I'm talking about "cool," I'm talking about these pop-stars and that Rock Your Vote crap that MTV is doing. They are just a bunch of biased group of young adults who go around schools and host social gatherings and accuse Bush of things, yet forget to say anything negative about Kerry. Young adults really aren't as experienced when it comes politics as the older people, but their votes counts just as much the 80 year old citizen. Although, I don't see much intelligence basing your vote on just on what a group of people say. So calling all Bush fans ignorant because of a lie, is pretty dumb. Also, we all know that Kerry (along with many, many other politicians) flip flop. Wouldn't that be considered a lie as well? He'll say something is X one day and Y the other.

I know you're sitting there think that my post has been nothing but bull, but, you know what? Good for you. You don't have to agree with me and I don't have to agree with you. But don't go around name calling people when you probably got p.o.ed when Bush keeps calling Kerry a Liberal.

---
    Superdave, I reread the first post on this thread, and wow. It's funny how before Bush became president, everyone had the same beliefs as they do now. Do you understand why?

Mind explaining the "swamp" you refer to? I'm serious and neutral on this question.

14. Metros Striker10

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    Okay...I'll attempt to see if I can defend him or her. Okay. From what I remember from the debates, Kerry said that Bush went to war without any support. He kept saying on and on and on about how we need to have better alliances. Even Kerry fans constantly talk about having better and more allies.

We went there with Britain, Australia and Poland, the country he forgot. The same way people have the feeling and believe that this war was because of oil and abolsutely nothing else, some believe that Kerry cares more about his alliances rather than going out and defending what is right (an "opinionated" right). It's really a matter of opinion. PA was polled on this situation and most believe that Bush is a better leader. There's no real right answer, because there will always be a pro and a con of each.

15. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

thanks man, although i did laugh so hard i may have peed a little

16. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

blah.

blah.

blah.

i can't even be bothered to wade through this muck

17. Section106

Section106 Member

May 1, 2003
    Hampton,VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could you explain what this war was for then if not for oil?

18. Metros Striker10

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    ah yi yi

19. lurking

lurking Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know! I know!

WMDs!

Oh wait, that was last years answer.. um, terrorists!

Wheres my cookie?

20. Metros Striker10

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    It wasn't just WMD...it's a mix of a bunch of other things. Even if it was and obviously there were none there, what as your take on WMD before Bush became the president? Did you accurately believe that Saddam was just playing a game when ever he told the UN guys to go away?

21. there were WMDs but they were moved by terrorist or are still hidden

there is no one reason we went to war and as soon as the democrats understand that the sooner we can get eqaulity for republicans on these forums.

22. Section106

Section106 Member

May 1, 2003
    Hampton,VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you, a supposed Reep, crying for equality? Will this equality be attained before or after the Constitutional Amendment banning Gay marriage?

And can you enumerate the actual reasons for the invasion of Iraq?

23. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    How could anyone say Bush voters are ignorant after reading that informed opinion?

:D

24. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure.

The US has such a powerful military, that there's no nation that can challenge us over any of our truly strategic interests. I phrase it that way because if China really really wants Taiwan, they can take it. We would have to pay a heavy, heavy price to get it back. But there's no conceivable, plausible combination of nations that could threaten us in a existential way, or even a strategic way.

But that doesn't mean we're safe. We are under threat from asymmetrical warfare. So what should our strategic goals be, to protect ourselves from that threat? I see two major short term strategic goals. On one, Kerry and Bush are in agreement...we need to monitor nuclear and biological weapons, and the more dangerous chemical weapons, and we need to ensure they don't end up in the hands of non-state actors.

But on the other short term strategic goal, Kerry is right, and Bush isn't even wrong. He doesn't even understand that it's a goal. Bush still sees the world through the prism of state actors, the Cold War mentality. But al-Qaeda is not a nation. Zaqwari does not act in the service of a nation. That Filipino group does not have a standing army or borders or taxes or schools. What these types of groups need in order to thrive is chaos, anarchy. What they need are failed states. So it is a critical short term strategic goal for the United States to PREVENT failed states. Say what you will about Saddam's Iraq, it wasn't a failed state. Zarqawi operated in the Kurdish area, outside of Saddam's control. And the Bushies are/were so wrongheaded about the nature of our enemy that they had 2 chances to kill Zarqawi before the Iraq war, but they passed. Why? They believed (probably rightly) that killing him in Kurdish territory would undermine their case for the Iraq war. They saw Saddam as a bigger threat to us than Zarqawi.

This also is a factor in the failure that is post-war Iraq. A leader who understands how vital it is that we prevent failed states would never have taken even a CHANCE that Iraq would turn into a failed state. Now, it's a terrorist training ground. There's a pretty good chance that after we leave, Iraq will devolve into civil war. The "good" realistic outcome would be for Iraq to be ruled by fundamentalist Shiites.

See, the goal is to drain swamps. That's where the bad guys breed and thrive. The LAST thing you want to do is create a swamp, and that's exactly what we've done in Iraq.

25. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    The guy is from Colombia, can't vote in the USA, but comes at things from his perspective of constant threats of terrosism.

But if you think that is bad, you should see his soccer related posts. :D