Bush voters are ignorant, mostly because they believe Bushie lies

Discussion in 'Elections' started by superdave, Oct 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.pipa.org/OnlineReports/Pres_Election_04/html/new_10_21_04.html#1

But we already knew that. This just confirms it.

2. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    And here I am, getting attacked in another thread for being cynical. Gee, why am I cynical? I dunno. :rolleyes:

This says more about people than Bush, however.

3. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    Who were those people who voted for Pat Buchanan by mistake in 2000? The ones who got flummoxed by the Florida butterfly ballot? Weren't they Democrats?

Ignorant means that there are gaps in your knowledge but you are capable of learning.

Democrats are just stupid and incapable of learning.

4. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oddly, you are trying to change the subject.

5. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Your agitation and desperation energizes me.

6. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    +3 points for using superdave's line against him. -4 points for not spinning the situation.

7. Finnegan

Finnegan Member

Sep 5, 2001
    Portland Oregon
    Ding Ding!

All of us on the left. middle or simple neutral have just stood with mouths agap as Bush and Cheney have produced whopper after whopper in the past month, epecially during the debates.

People asked "Why on earth would he lie when there is VIDEO evidence???".

Why? Cause Bush/Cheney/Rove know that by and large the people who support them are willfully ignorant. They want to believe Bush at all costs and want to remain ignorant. Therefore they lock out all facts and reason and if the Preznit says so; it's good enough for them.

8. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/archives/individual/2004_10/004974.php

Kevin has a great chart showing that on only two of eight issues do a majority of Bush supporters know his position. Of course, Kerry supporters are much better informed (7 of 8).

Think about that. It's not just that Bush is popular for the kind of image he projects, in spite of his extreme conservativism. People supporting him don't even know how conservative he is.

And we all wait for Karl to denounce our snobbery.

9. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    The lesson of the above post is that Kerry is a poor candidate, and the Democratic party is as organized as Courtney Love's medicine cabinet.

10. topcatcole

topcatcole BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 26, 2003
    Washington DC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm surprised that this particular axe hasn't been ground to dust by now. :rolleyes: Obviously the world-renowned :rolleyes: conservative :rolleyes: think tank PIPA has provided us a clear and unbiased view of the electorate.

Tut tut, SuperDave. You could have written this and done a more balanced job.

11. topcatcole

topcatcole BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 26, 2003
    Washington DC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait, I heard that Courtney has a highly organized walk-in medicine cabinet!!
    :D

12. Benito

Benito Red Card

Aug 25, 2004
    Kerry voters do not support our troops and are unpatriotic not to mention very stupid.

13. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ferris Bueller you're my hero.

14. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    I see superdave's numbers, and if you desire to question them, knock yourself out.

Otherwise, change your tune.

15. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think he was trying to change the subject. I honestly think he thought that was relevant. But, hey, by his own, logic I guess we know he is an eldery Florida voter.

16. Kelly Vargas

Kelly Vargas New Member

Jul 11, 2003
    Scottsdale, Az
    ahh... the beauty of the double standard.. bush gets slaughtered for claiming he never said he wasnt concerned about bin laden and yet there's nothing wrong with lying about the number of jobs the current admin. has created and lost, the amount of people who have lost insurance, stances on guns, war, and abortion, the amount of money your healthcare plan will cost. But, on the other hand, we should look past this because the republicans are bringing back the draft while simultaneously privatizing medicare and intimidating minorities not to vote... and let's not forget standing in the way of john kerry healing cripples and ridding this world of disease...

17. romagol10

romagol10 Member

Jul 23, 2003
    CO
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From my experiances with Bush voters, I'd have to say I agree with the thread title.
    Earlier tonight I was talking to a girl who voted yesterday or a few days before. She only voted for Bush and not any Ccongressional candidates because she didn't know who any of them were. I then asked her what she thought Bush did well other than removing the Taliban from power in Afghanistan, he first response was "he liberated the Iraqi people" followed by "he lowered taxes". She then said Kerry is a flip-flopper. After heaing her say Bush liberated the Iraqi's I knew debating with her would be pointless because she knew nothing. This same girl got deeply offended an hour later when a guy in the room called a buddy a ************ (she has a gay brother), so it seems that she doesn't even know about Bush's stance on gay marriage.
    I really agree with Trey Stone and Matt Parker, we don't want uninformed people like this girl voting for either candidate, especially in an election as important as this one.

18. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    technically they wouldn't be "ignorant" for believing the lies, technically that would make them "dumber than a wet sack of hammers" or liars themselves - how we can be this far past it, and have that many people insist on sticking to a glaringly obvious untruth is really REALLY sad

in an unrelated story, 65% of bush voters believe the world is flat and consider christopher columbus to be a smarty pants fur-i-ner

19. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    I guess some people have other issues that are more important than the war that keep them for Bush.

20. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

you're absolutely right and i have a term for people like that... CEO's - the voters seem to buy lock, stock and barrel everything he he says on the war on "turr" without any regard to exhausting things like comparing statements or facts

21. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    Stopped reading there. :D

22. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: "Bush voters are ignorant"... Let's see...

"Shove it"
    Mamma T

"...Arise out of your wheelchairs..."
    Sen. Edwards

"I voted for it before I voted against it..."
    Sen. Kerry

"She had no real job"
    Mamma T

No... I think the Dems have ignorance all locked up in a box!

IntheNet

23. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you ever get tired of not proving your own points? Seriously. Dave's post while hostile to those intending to vote for Bush, has proof in it. You simply provide quotes (several of which have been explained IN context), and think that it is actually a rebuttal?

24. Pathogen

Pathogen Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Like you care.
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I work with a guy that's voting for Bush. I asked him what exactly his reasoning is for voting for him, and he said he couldn't really break it down point by point. But he did say that he can't stand Kerry. His reasoning for not liking Kerry: "I just don't think he can deliver on all of his promises." I said fair enough because it's highly doubtful Kerry will in fact be able to deliver on most of his campaign promises. I asked what has Bush delivered on that he has promised when he originally ran. Clueless; he doesn't know.

We're talking about an individual that was extremely pissed about being sent over to Iraq with his guard unit and at the time had absolutely no reserves in bashing Bush then. I just asked him to make an informed decision and left it at that.

Another coworker is voting for Bush because we're finally killing Arabs in their own country. I...sh!t...you...not.

25. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I honestly have yet to have a truly civilized conversation about politics with someone who's voting for Bush. They are consistently misinformed, and like the studies show, know about 25% of the policies of the current administration and their campaign platform. In the end I just stop and say to them that 'we're never going to get anywhere and this conversation is degenerating by the second.' I tend to avoid adding on "and I'd whup your ass if this was a debate of the facts." :)

At least he's got a reason to support his backing of Bush. :rolleyes: