Burn vs. Rapids, Result

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by Viking64, Oct 26, 2003.

1. Viking64

Viking64 Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Tarheel State
    Burn win 4-3

You hit the road for the playoffs.

I'm happy the Burn did that for you.

It's been a crap year from start to finish, at least we did that much. And if you are wondering why I'm posting this in your folder, remember what you posted last year.

2. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    Hey viking ... your season was over months ago. Get over it. Enjoy watching the rest of the MLS season from your sofa. We've got at least one more game to go to!

3. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Nov 24, 1999
    Tianjin, China
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, I remember very well what I posted last year. Dallas sucks and always will suck. It's a damn shame the Burn have to stay at home. Ha ha ha ha ha.

Shall we just get on to next season so Dallas can suck again? I guess the real question is...will they suck more or less next season? Hmmm, there could be a poll here soon :D

4. He's In Fashion

Jan 7, 2000
    Littlefun, CO, US
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Be sure to tell Jason Kreis "Thank You" for Taylor Twellman for loaning him the golden horseshoe that is planted up his a$$, not to mention the malady that plagues them internationally...

The Burn suck C-Aaaaaaaaaah-CK!

You get yet another year to smart over having your a$$ handed to you by the Rapids in the playoffs, and essentially doing nothing to our playoff schedule... The only reason I was really interested, wasn't 2nd or 3rd, because both will always be inferior to 1st, but what was more convenient for me. So if the Burn accomplished anything other than smoking large pole, it was to continue to be one of the hardest teams to look at.

Be sure to tune in to the playoffs Texan wankers!

5. Jambon

Jambon Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Austin, TX
    You seem to have quite the preoccupation with fellatio, Fashion-boy. Could we maybe leave our personal lives out of the discussion of the game? Apparently not for you, but for me it's a little distasteful.

6. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    Don't worry about it hamhead, these boys have had a rough year. Starting out 0-1-5 then ending the season 0-3-3 when they thought they would have a cake walk to MLS cup 2003. Anyway, I think your team just took it to us. Unfortunately, we didn't have the luxury of any TV coverage up here but hats off to your guys "heart" it's something that this years Rapids team is going to need a lot of to get through KC.

7. Ingmar4Rapids

Ingmar4Rapids Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Denver, Colorado
    You find a preoccupation with fellatio distasteful? What are you, a lesbian? An abuse survivor? Those are the only people I see legitimately finding this subject horrible.

Oh, I get it. You're from Texas. Well, I looked it up on Webster Online and the definition is "oral stimulation of a penis." So there you go. It doesn't have to be a human penis. It can be a bull, ram, dog, member of the Bush or Rove family, or any other subhuman that floats your boat.

So your reserves beat our struggling team. Screw you. (oops, sex again) Hopefully we fire Hankinson in the off season (unless we miraculously right the ship and win the Cup) and get back to beating the Burn when it counts. If that guy hangs around, and the Rapids continue to suck (as in bad, not in a sexual nature) at least we live in Colorado. Yeah, yeah, I know you think we are obsessed with hating Texas. Well, its not true. We are just glad we don't live there. Receiving fellatio on the other hand, there's an obsession to which we'll admit.

8. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    Two.

Kansas City isn't that far of a drive.

:)

9. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    Yeah man ... I'm bummed I was totally planning on road tripping it ... then I was reminded I have tickets to the CU Buffs game. DAMN IT!

10. Jambon

Jambon Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Austin, TX
    How sad is it when even a lowly pun is over someone's head? I'm actually embarassed for you.

Think real hard now. "You have a preoccupation with fellatio... Apparently you don't find it distasteful..." Nudge, nudge, say no more?

But since you're not from Texas, let me give YOU a definition from Webster's Online. Pun - "a play on words, sometimes on different senses of the same word."

If it's still too complicated for you even with the definition, don't worry about it. Maybe you can find a slow-witted, ill-educated Texan to explain it to you.

11. Ingmar4Rapids

Ingmar4Rapids Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Denver, Colorado
    Well, a couple of points.

1. This could be either a pun or a scramble on your part to muster a retort. After all, I sort of changed the meaning of your point to suit my own ends. While you say that you meant to say that the fellatio was distasteful from your original post, it is logical that you meant that a discussion of private lives was distasteful. But I guess I'll let you claim some credit there. It was pretty good if you meant it as a joke.

2. It is not actually a pun. You should read your own definition. It is actually a double entendre: a word or expression capable of two interpretations with one usually risqué. Use the phrase next time to describe your next sausage joke at the local chili fest. People will be impressed.

Slow-witted, ill educated Texan. hmmm... now for my next definition:

Redundancy: superfluous repetition, the part of a message that can be eliminated without loss of essential information

12. Ringer

Ringer Member

Aug 7, 1999
    Littleton, CO
    How did flies get into our forum. Damn that buzzing is annoying. Anybody got a fly swatter?

13. Jambon

Jambon Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I'll just assume here that you know the definition of irony. Nice try though.

And I can certainly read my own definition. My use of the word distasteful was a "play on words, sometimes on different senses of the same word." I used distasteful to mean both disgusting to the taste and objectionable. Whether one meaning was indelicate or not does not mean that it isn't a pun.

I guess you'll just have to accept that not every Texan is as dull as you like to imagine, and that just because you are a Coloradoan doesn't mean that you can't ever look foolish.

14. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the immortal words of that great American GringoTex, "Texans are so smart, one of our retards can become President."

15. wcgcapone

wcgcapone Member

Feb 6, 2001
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's what Highlands Ranch are Parker are for.

16. Viking64

Viking64 Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Tarheel State
    say, any of you Rapids fans busy watching the playoffs want to send me a copy of the Burn vs. Rapids game? It's not on platinum, so I could use a copy to last me through the really long and dark off season.

It's not like you're going to watch it again... contact me off-board if you are willing to send one.

17. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    Boy, ain't that a fact.

If only watching it the first time were an option.

18. bigdush

bigdush New Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Parker, CO
    That's straight f-d up man...............although I won't argue..............it's a little too white out here.

Sincerely,
    Auroran transplanted to Parker