Burn vs Metro pre-game

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by 3rd Degree, Sep 4, 2002.

1. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    Do you play Jordan or Vallow?

La locura rojinegra

3. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Viking64

Viking64 Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Tarheel State
    I WANT THIS TO BE THE MOST CONVINCING BURN VICTORY IN FRANCHISE HISTORY.

They might be tired, but they have to know how much is riding on this game.

If this game is even close, I'll be hacked off. I want a blowout. Please, just run them off the field from minute 1.

5. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Until his next injury.

This is a must-win. If we lose this, we could tail spin ourselves into losing home field advantage for Round 1.

6. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    INJURY REPORT
    OUT: D Marcelo Balboa (knee bone bruise-R)
    QUESTIONABLE: F Mamadou Diallo (high ankle sprain-L)
    PROBABLE: M Tab Ramos (torn hamstring-L)
    PROBABLE: M/F Clint Mathis (strained groin-R)

SUSPENSIONS
    D Craig Ziadie (Red Card, 62', 8/31 at Los Angeles)

7. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    Calling all Burn fans

Tomorrow is the game that the team will need our support the most. The last couple of days have been miserable for them. Imagine how we feel as fans, then multiply those feelings by 1000. That may begin to scratch the surface of these guys are feeling right now.

Everybody needs to show up and make some big noise to help them through this game. Reserved siders come on over to GA. Stand, cheer, chant, and pull for the guys with the Inferno.

Never forget... PETKE MUST DIE!

La locura rojinegra.

8. sweeper33

sweeper33 Member

Jul 24, 2000
    Re: Calling all Burn fans

If anyone knows Maria, the Burn fan who caught Petke's jersey, please remind her to bring it Thursday night. I've got a mannequin to put it on - and then all true Burn fans are welcome to beat the ************ out of it during the match!

No harm to the jersey, and Maria gets it back after the match.

9. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Calling all Burn fans

Sounds like a great idea, sweeper!

And who knows. Maybe Veronica will interview you and Mikey for the 60 minutes feature. :)

10. sweeper33

sweeper33 Member

Jul 24, 2000
    You know, I'd grown a little soft on the MetroHacks over the season. Even a little sorry for them as we've schooled them three times this year. I'd even caught myself admiring Petke a little for tossing his jersey up to the fans who had cold-dogged him all night.

And then this week came.

First, that pierced ************-sucker Fairyairy, of all people, delivers the last minute winner in Colorado. Next that cockroach known as Cobi, that bitch Ruiz, and that diving old goat Cienfuegos come along.

Add to that a cadre of USOC planners who stick it to the Burn and fellate the current Open Cup holders with this ************ed up schedule and what do you have?

Besides a team sucking wind right now you have a seriously unbalanced fan with computer access and season tickets.

Some son of a bitch must pay! And that lucky winner will be the MetroHacks, our favorite bitch! I want blood Goddammit!!! It's time to drop the hammer on some poor bastards caught in the crossfire! It's time to spread a LOT of anger around! It's time to make a bunch of dogs roll over and play bitch! I'm bringing the yellow tape because when we're done the entire Cotton Bowl will be a crime scene!!!

F*** this, F*** that, F*** everything!!!!!! Bring your hand tools, loosen up those effing metal seats and throw the ************ on the field!!!!!!

Some sonofabitch must pay!!!!!!!

11. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    THATS THE ***************ING SPIRIT!

12. Sweeper

Sweeper New Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Re: Calling all Burn fans

Why would you want him to die? He has unquestionably been your best player in all three matches we have played you guys in this year.....

I for one am looking forward to Kreis scoring another brilliant goal on him yet again, so that hopefully he will be traded next year....

13. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Maybe we should change the sign to "PETKE....WHAT HAPPENED?" or "PETKE=BURN'S 12TH MAN"

14. Sweeper

Sweeper New Member

Feb 11, 1999
    I would pay good money to see that banner tonight on ESPN 2......

15. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Someone else has to do it I can't make the game :(

16. dburn157

dburn157 New Member

Aug 13, 2001
    Everyone is asking for blood for this game but that's a lot to ask as fans who don't have to play. This team has been through hell. Two road games in 3 days and nothing to show for it. Now they have to play a third in five days.

If this team wins tonight, it will be a valiant effort. I just hope the heart I think this team has can pull one out if not, it's not the team I'll blame!

Go BURN!!!

17. morenolsen

morenolsen New Member

Jan 28, 2002
    I saw that you listed Diallo as questionable. It's my understanding that he won't be playing at all.

...and good luck.

18. Viking64

Viking64 Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Tarheel State
    Fatigue is not a factor. For months they have been busting a gut to make this season their best ever. And on paper and on the field, I'd say they have made this their best season ever.

As a player, your best season ever is not the year you won...nothing. If they want the previous five months to matter, they have to win tonight. Otherwise they are very likely to place 3rd, maybe even 4th, in the final standings and that means they get only two playoff games at home for sure. Likely they will be on the road for their second series.

So yea, they are tired and been through hell. All week gets erased with a nice hardnosed victory over Metrohacks. Then they can sit back for 10 days and rest, while the Quakes and Galaxy play Crew and Chicago, then go head to head in back to back home and away matches. The only way Quakes or Galaxy win the Supporters Shield is to win all 3. The chances of either one going 3-0 to finish the season? Not much. If either one loses a single game, the Shield is in play. Burn fail to get 3 points here, and it's twice the work to get to MLS Cup and win it. It's also nearly impossible for the Burn to win the Shield.

If Burn could come in second in the standings, tonight would not be so vital. But since the crock o butter that is the MLS playoffs reward a pathetic Eastern team with home field throughout the playoffs for being .500, Burn must fight through the pain and fatigue.

Imagine the glory of this:

1- Burn vs. Metro
    4- Galaxy vs. Crew

2- Fire vs. City
    3- Quakes vs. Rapids

likely to lead to

Quakes visit Fire 2 times
    Galaxy visits Burn 2 times

Quakes vs. Burn or
    Burn vs. Fire

in the final

All made possible by smacking Petke between two slices of Texas Toast and ripping with the incisors.

19. sweeper33

sweeper33 Member

Jul 24, 2000
    Chomp!!

20. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    Re: Re: Calling all Burn fans

Tradition my friend, Tradition.

La locura rojinegra

21. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll put it to you this way:

I appreciate the effort. However, "effort" does not get you home field through the playoffs, wins do. Quite simply, if they want to maximize their chances of winning the championship, they must win home field advantage throughout the playoffs. If they want home field throughout the playoffs they must win tonight, no matter how tired they are.

Personally, I don't really care how they win. It can be a ugly, lucky 1-0 overtime win. That would count the same in the standings as an 8-0 win. But they must win.

The US Open Cup is now by the wayside. As of this minute, only one thing matters: MLS Cup. And if they want to help themselves toward an MLS Cup victory, then they must win tonight. Nothing less.

22. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    Keys to the game

Metro has been unable to contain the wide play of the Burn for the last 4 games. Martinez and Vaca get all kinds of space, and they have been very effective in using that space to create many scoring chances.

Zambrano catches a break given the Martinez suspension. But I don't know if Octavio has devised a game plan that does not involve sitting back and counter-attacking. It's funny because Dir never was able to come up with a game plan to defeat Zambrano's counter-attacking tactics. And now, it is Zambrano that has not been able to devise a game plan to defeat Jeffries since they have gone to a 4 man back line which has made them much less susceptible to the counter-attack.

Whoever, coach Jeffries puts out on the left side needs to be just as aggresive as Martinez has been of late. My guess is that he will start Olivares in that spot if he is not injured given how much he pushed forward in the Colorado game. Zarco might crack the starting lineup as the left mid, or perhaps as the left full back with Broome pushing up to left mid. Or maybe he will stick O'Brien out there.

They must neutralize Mathis.

Jordan better have found his old self on the flight back from LA.

Over and under on cry baby Faria's first outburst is 6 minutes. I will take the under.

La locura rojinegra

23. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    you better damn well win.

24. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man I wish I could be there.

Stupid job.

If the Burn are to get to the Cup, their best chance is finishing the 1st or 3rd seed. Tonight is MUST WIN.

We can take these guys.

No Olivares to start. Ronnie O should be pretty fresh and he gave the Metros fits last time out.

Clint has neutralized himself. What we need is the Jason Kreis from the first half of the season and a goal from the Rhinerritos combo.

25. DigitalTron

DigitalTron New Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Weariness

It's a lot harder to exploit space with wide play when your wingers have no legs left from the insane schedule. I doubt either wing will enjoy the type of success they have had in previous games.

I dunno Mathis' status, but I thought he had a nagging injury. With Jordan and the back line being very weary, Mathis and Faria should get ample opportunites unfortunately.

IMHO, this is the game that was sacrificed when the decision was made to play the starters in the Open Cup. A fresh back line (and Goalie) against the Metros and Dallas definitely takes this game. But on 2 days rest ... it will be difficult.

If the Burn can score first and force the Metros to attack, then the Burn can break this game wide open.

Best of luck!

-Tron