Burn sign backup keeper

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by SoccerTown USA, Aug 6, 2002.

1. SoccerTown USA

Mar 20, 1999
  2. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Given that Countess was a non-roster player, to replace him with a rostered player, do the Burn have to waive someone from the 18-man roster?

3. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good question.

4. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My guess is that Vallow will be signed as a "developmental player" and therefore won't take up one of the Burn's regular 18-man roster spots.

5. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even if he were signed as a Developmental player someone would have to be cut as the Burn already have four of those...

As I understand it the only way he can be "signed" for the season is as an "injury replacement call-up"...

which is why the Burn had to sign a player out of the A-League (to make it a call up)... instead of someone like Cassar. And it will only last as long as DJ is OUT (the season in this case) ....

or so I understand.... As soon as I get more specific details I will let you know.

6. txmls

txmls New Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Wasn't Vallow Jordan's Backup a few years ago? I seem to remember that he was signed to Dallas in 1999 or something.

7. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's 25 years old or something. Too old to be developmental, right?

8. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I check with the team and what I said before was correct. Vallow is a season long Injury call up. That is actually a standard MLS move....

9. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can any player injured 'til season's end be replaced by a call-up?

If at some point it looks as though Gbandi won't be able to play for the remainder of the year, could the Burn call up a player to replace him?