Burn players on the U20's roster

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Chamo, Nov 14, 2003.

1. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    No surprises here. Eddie and Jordan representing the red white and blue FIFA U20 world cup.

http://www.ussoccer.com/news/fullstory.sps?inewsid=46523

Speaking of the Burn youth and the statement I have heard by more than one Soccer journalist: "On a last place team, there are no untouchables". I disagree with that statement. There are four of the young players that I would put on the untouchable list. The two U20's mentioned above and the two guys that are in
    the Olympic pool: Davis and Countess. It doesn't make sense to let them go to another MLS team after going through the growing pains of giving them professional experience, and then not enjoying the benefits of having these talented players play for your team when they will be most productive.

2. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What if Colorado calls and says "We'll give you Pablo and Cannon for Johnson and Countess." "Done" I would say.

Hence no one is untouchable. EVERYONE has a price.

but I agree that those are 4 players worth keeping.

PS. you left Chad Marshall off your 'Burn players on U-20 team list"

:)

3. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Unless MLS ponies up a really good offer, I wouldn't expect to see Marshall in MLS and, thus, with the Burn.

MLS traditionally doesn't spend a lot on defenders, particularly P40 ones. Onyewu, Yi, Gibbs - all these guys could have been in MLS but felt they got lowballed.

Marshall is on record saying he won't leave Stanford for the standard P40 offer. There are also reports he has a lot of interest in Europe.

Maybe that's all talk, maybe he'll change his mind, maybe he'll end up in MLS... but I wouldn't count on it.

4. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States