Burn jersey photo

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Len, Oct 28, 2004.

1. Len

Len Member+

Club: Dallas Tornado
    Jan 18, 1999
    Everywhere and Nowhere.....I'm the wind, baby.
    I was in a home furnishing store last night looking for picture frames......mirror.....something, I don't know - just doing as I was told..

Anyway, in one of the frames was a photo of
    a kid, about 16, playing soccer wearing a Dallas Burn jersey.

................Uhhh, that's all of the story. I just thought it was neat.

2. Mrs.TexasArsenal

Mrs.TexasArsenal New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Frisco, TX
    In Arkansas?

3. Len

Len Member+

Jan 18, 1999

Memphis, actually.

4. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any Burn jersey sighting outside of a Burn soccer game is worthy of mention.

I wish I was joking.

5. terp fan

terp fan New Member

Nov 21, 2000
    Carey Talley's hometown.

6. stopper4

stopper4 Member

Jan 24, 2000
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Richard Mulrooney, too.

7. nedigital

nedigital Member

Jun 25, 2003
    Mass
    saw a kid at the world series wearing a fire shirt or jersey... i remember seeing the logo for sure though. would missourians (?) support the fire in terms of geographic proximity?

8. Len

Len Member+

Jan 18, 1999
    ...and Johnny Walker...

...and Ross Paule...

9. theodore

theodore Member

Nov 7, 2003
    Went to Wal-Mart and bought a Dallas Burn jersey for under $20.00. Since HSG has divorced themselves from the brand, I can wear it with pride once again. It looks damned good. I have owned several white ones, but this was my first red one.

10. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    while we're on the subject of random Burn sightings, I'll tell you 2 from work, the 2nd is more important....

#1: a kid came and ate with his family and he was wearing one of those freebee Burn jerseys, I stopped by and gave him a high five for representing.

#2: Just so happens I waited on former Burn assistant coach Armado Pelaez on Sunday (and his whole family), I didn't realize it was him until they were about to leave and then I told him I was a big Burn fan and we started talking about the Burn and the disaster last year. He blamed HSG for most of the sh!t that's been going down and he was dissapointed we are bringing in putz's from other states that don't do jack when we have very talented players here in the Dallas area, one's he supposely is developing and shipping off to big clubs. Interesting...

11. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Were they decent replicas or some piece of crap that they sold out side the stadium with athletica on the back?

12. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    The deal with Walmart to have them carry Burn merchandise was finalized the week that the rebranding guess the new name announcement came out. Talk about the left hand not knowing what the right hand was doing. Sheesh!

13. Mrs.TexasArsenal

Mrs.TexasArsenal New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Frisco, TX
    I wouldn't go to Walmart even if jerseys were free and BD#10 was giving out kisses ......................

O.K. maybe I would :p

14. nostopping

nostopping Member

Sep 7, 2001
    Missouri Bootheel
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speaking on behalf of this Missouri soccer fan: Not no, but HELL no!

As a more serious answer, most of the state's fan who follow MLS will go for KC because they are in state. Fans within the sphere of the "St. Louis Soccer Tradition" don't seem to acknowledge the existance of MLS. Atleast no until STL should get a team, which would have to be well into the future.

15. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You should have had the wizards. StL of all towns deserved a team. It was only lack of a stadium in StL that sent to KC, or so I understand it.

16. Len

Len Member+

Jan 18, 1999

I thought KC got a team because Hunt wanted one there. But yes, I wondered the same thing. It seems like Anhauser-Busch (sp?) would have been all over MLS`s St Louis Clydesdales.