Bundesliga Fantasy Game

Discussion in 'Germany' started by olafgb, Jul 24, 2002.

1. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    Kicker offers a free Bundesliga fantasy game. You all can take part and additionally form a community which makes it possible to play a) the whole game alone, b) a competition within the community and c) a competition of the community against other communities. I’ll open the community “BigSoccer.com” for us and if you want to join, please PM me and I’ll give you the password. For Aris, CJ and Eddie taking part is obligatory ;).

The steps and rules:

First of all you’ve got to register here: http://www.kicker.de/content/mitgli...l=/content/mitglieder/login.asp?folder=100400

This should make little trouble, the fields marked with * are to enter. Little German help: Vorname = First name; Nachname = Name; Strasse/Hausnr. = Street/No; PLZ/Wohnort = ZIP code/city [don’t forget to enter state and nation if you’re from the USA]. They’ll send your password.

If you already registered before, choose this site: http://www.kicker.de/content/mitglieder/login.asp?folder=100400 and enter your email address in the first free space. They want to make sure that you don’t take part with several different email addresses and so they’ll send a new password to you.

After demanding the password you’ll automatically be directed to the field where you’ve got to enter it.

CLASSIC GAME

You’ve got to enter a classic team first which doesn’t play in the community ranking. Have in mind that the players you’re picking here are taken over into the interactive version.

You need 2 goalies, 4 defender, 6 midfielders and 3 forwards. The formation is 3-5-2. Careful: in the classic game you can’t change the lineup. The last player of each category is substitute.

Rules for picking:
    - max. 3 players of one Bundesliga team
    - max. 5 non- Europeans
    - budget is 30 mio Euro

Player and price list:
    http://www.kicker.de/content/managerspiel/mitspielen.asp?folder=60100&help=235316
    Picking them shouldn’t be a problem. My advice: stop the Internet connection and take your time for choosing – you’ll realise how difficult it is to create a good team within the budget limit. Unfortunately you only got this scroll bar in the Internet and not an overview on all players.
    Another hint: think about your substitutes. You can save money for better players by choosing bad subs, or you can create an even team that compensates injuries. Remember that a not starting player brings 0 points, bad players cause minus points.

Evaluated are only those players who started in a game. If someone is missing, then the substitute takes his place. If not enough players are available for the positions, then you play with less. There also is no chance to replace a player after picking, regardless what happens with him. If a game is postponed, substitutes will play in the evaluation for the actual matchday. For the season evaluation the postponed game is being considered.

Aim:

Get as many points as possible. Points are won for:
    - the kicker rating: 3.5 means 0 points, each 0.5 deviation means + 2 (3; 2.5;…)/– 2 (4; 4.5;…) points
    - goals: +6 if scored by goalie; +5 if scored by defender; +4 if scored by midfielder; +3 of scored by forward – hint: penalty kicks count fully!
    - Ejections: -6 for Red; -3 for Yellow/Red

Prices:

Small weekly prices for the matchday winner. After 17 games: 1st 600 Euro, 2nd 350 Euro, 3rd 250 Euro; Final standing: 1st 1.250 Euro, 2nd 750 Euro, 3rd 500 Euro. Not to discourage you, but the chances are extremely small as about 200.000 are taking part.

INTERACTIVE GAME

The interesting part. You take over your classic team and add seven players (1G, 2D, 2M, 2F) for 12.5 M. Here you are allowed to have 4 players of one team and 6 Non-Europeans. The key difference: you can vary the lineup before each matchday (deadline: kickoff of the first game), but no substitute replaces the ones who aren’t in your chosen starting formation. For the single matchdays the 3 players of one team plus 5 Non-European rules has to be taken care of. With this interactive team you are taking part in the community. Additional possibility to get points: the player of the game gets three.

When you finished picking your classic team (by clicking the button below the selection), you’ll automatically be directed to the Interactive page. The way of choosing stays the same and shouldn’t cause any difficulties.

COMMUNITY

First there is an internal ranking. It is not different to the general games, but only the ones who entered this special community are listed. All communities with at least five participants are in a community rating (max. no 18). Evaluated is the average number of points of all members.

Choose this link after asking me for the password:
    http://www.kicker.de/content/managerspiel/beitreten.asp?folder=60110

2. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    Thanks for the invite, Olaf.

I've registered but I'm not sure how to join the division.

I'm at the "Los geht's - stellen Sie Ihr Team auf!" page where you can select your team.

More German help would be appreciated. :)

3. vflkirwan

vflkirwan Member

Mar 28, 2000
    North Jersey
    Club:
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I'm not mistaken....

its saying "Whats wrong - Pick your team" or something to that effect.

Even if you know german, I didn't find that the most user-friendly

I forgot about Dolo and couldn't figure out how to get back and pick him.

4. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    Maybe post the link or PM me. The sentence says "Get started - pick your team". You've simply got to pick your players considering the 3 basic rules (budget, non EU limit, team limit) above.

But one thing is to consider - as VfLKirwan said: if you once picked your team you can't correct it as long as there aren't mistakes regarding the rules in your choice.

5. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It seems a lot more complex than the UEFA Fantasy Leagues. I'm in the backroom planning my strategy.

6. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Yeah, I understand I have to pick my team but do I have to do that before I can join the BigSoccer division?

7. vflkirwan

vflkirwan Member

Mar 28, 2000
    North Jersey
    Club:
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    joining bigsoccer division is the last thing u do.

8. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Ah, thanks. I just hope I can keep track of all these fantasy leagues. :)

9. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    Any problems left? The link directs me to my own team, I'm afraid I can't go back to the pages where you pick the team.

10. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Nope. Everything looks simple enough from here on.

11. Matze

Matze New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    dresden, germany
    last year i joined this game, it was really funny to see me loosing hehe. at the end i was on place 35000 or so..... :D

12. Mattbro

Mattbro Member+

Sep 21, 2001
    Okay, I'm in. I have four Austrians in my starting midfield - you people are toast!

13. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    7 teams are registered yet, 3 further are in for sure. Makes 8 open spots if you're interested (Brian, you didn't register for the community yet - just in case you thought you did). A little check: if you use this link http://www.kicker.de/content/managerspiel/punktestand_i.asp?folder=60100&help=235316 and find your team, then you're registered for the general game. This also is the link you should bookmark. By clicking 'Informationen zu Ihrem Team abrufen' you'll be directed to the community (only appears if you're in a community).
    Also, when being at the bookmarked page, you can change your lineup by clicking 'Aufstellung ändern' below your team. The players with a hook are playing for you. If you want to change, then remove the hook and place it in the box of another player. Don't forget to confirm the changes by clicking 'Aufstellung speichern'. Remember that only those are counted who start in a game.

Before the first game the deadline is Friday 9, 7 am Eastern Time. Later on it is Saturday 10.30 am ET.

14. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Panic FC is in the League!

Goakkeeper - Lehmann
    Defenders : Sanneh, Cherundolo, and Baumann
    Midfielders: Beinlich, Basler, Simak, Balitsch, Gudjonsson,

Forwards: Klose and Berbatov.

PANIC FC ROCKS YOUR WORLD!

15. vflkirwan

vflkirwan Member

Mar 28, 2000
    North Jersey
    Club:
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm still pissed I didn't get 'dolo

I was confused thinking the non-euro players meant non-German (I still had my MLS train of thought working) and I already had 3 outside ....

and this game would have been alot easier if I just could have picked all of VfL Wolfsburg on my team ;)

16. BenchRobSmith

BenchRobSmith New Member

Hier kommt FC Wasserturm!

The team's ready to go...now all I need's the password.

The first XI:
    Butt
    Sanneh Hoogma Cherundolo
    Sebescen Evanilson Fink Tarnat Gudjonsson
    Mpenza Max

17. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
  18. Mattbro

Mattbro Member+

Sep 21, 2001
    Olaf, any idea whether I can still use Didi Kühbauer? He's not on the list you just provided a link to, but he was sold to Mattersburg after I chose my roster.

19. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    Sorry, that money is going down the toilet (together with Kühbauer).

20. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    That's the overview on all players of our community:

http://www.kicker.de/content/managerspiel/teaminfo.asp?folder=60110

(Rank matchday - Points matchday - Rank season - Points season)
    Below: Community ranking + average pts

Credit goes to first week's top performers Kolja (not on this board), Aris and Eddie.

Here you find your individual classic record:
    http://www.kicker.de/content/managerspiel/punktestand.asp?folder=60200&help=235316&saison=2002/03

Here's your individual interactive record:
    http://www.kicker.de/content/managerspiel/punktestand_i.asp?folder=60300&help=235316&saison=2002/03
    Don't forget to change the lineup for next week if you want to.

21. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hey you didn't do bad yourself.

Eddie

22. BuffloSoldier

BuffloSoldier BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2000
    Northern NJ
    Second place? Not bad for a clueless Ami! ;)

23. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    Me? All my players were almost in no-points-land except Petkovic who got me into the minus zone. 33 weeks to go, was not my weekend which can also be seen in the prediction game... (but, hey, FCG won the season opener 4-0, what could be more important? ;))