Bundesliga and the rest: Domestic and European competition discussion

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Sep 28, 2017.

1. rj123

rj123 Member

The team with the most German NT players
    Germany
    Nov 21, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So who isn't? See the following for the top clubs by revenue (apologies - 2019/2020 - I suspect 2020/2021 not available yet or I might have to pay for it): https://www.statista.com/statistics/271581/revenue-of-soccer-clubs-worldwide/

Between #1 and #10, there is a difference of about 300 million Euros. Top revenue earners can always buy out players from lower revenue earners. Closer the clubs are in earnings, the harder it is. Players will be attracted by the most successful clubs, the best salaries, the best chance at glory and the best coaches. All of which can be influenced strongly by money. There are some other factors as well (guessing here, comments welcome):

- Comfort with the culture/language of the nation's league (South Americans seem to prefer La Liga, English players prefer EPL)
    - International prestige of teams/league

Club management has to sell players - it's their fiduciary responsibility to the club to do so, rather than lose high valued players on free transfers. I know that sometimes the team takes the risk and loses the transfer fee, but the smart money is to sell before losing.

To show that it's not just the Bundesliga but also within the EPL, Tottenham Hotspur just lost Harry Kane to Man City. A club that makes more money than Dortmund has to sell their premier player. If it can happen to Tottenham, it can happen to any Bundesliga team.

I don't like it, I want to see the Bundesliga as a top league comparable with the EPL and La Liga (really Barca and Real, maybe Athletico) but the economics of the situation says otherwise.

2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    not really same thing when 1BL is seen as feeder league, farmer league, joke league,just a stepping stone league for most player.

also point is more 1BL is dev and selling the less and less they will focus on domestic too. Germans are not where money is.

Eredivisie at least for a league that is feeder and dev league......devs a TON of domestic players as well as foreign.

3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I always wonder why anyone here cares how 1BL clubs do in Europe when a lot of them don't play Germans.

like why root for ********ing plastic Leipzig who has played with 0 Germans in XI, ******** them.

I do think 1BL being lower in UEFA coefficent might be for best.

and even if you ignore my pro-German bias (LOL on German NT board and sue me if I'll always root for domestic). Fact is 1BL is pathetic league in Europe anyways, LOL, facts speaks for themselves, absolute rubbish in EL and average at best in CL.

and tons of 1BL players seem to bomb outside of 1BL, just doesn't seem to be good International league.

4. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I for one lament the neglect of German talent in the Bundesliga so foreign players can be accommodated to be later sold for a profit.

Years ago I posted on this very thread that I believe that English clubs should be made up of predominantly British players, Italian clubs of mostly Italian players, German clubs of mostly German players and so on and so forth, but that is a utopian dream nowadays.

My biggest complaint over the years is constant embarrassment of Bundesliga clubs being bested by minnow league clubs in the EL. It's also been 24 years since a Bundesliga club last won the UEFA Cup.

Ger90 repped this.
  5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I 100% agree with your 2nd paragraph also feel same too. Its not just about Germans but any league.

I don't care about EPL but wow that EPL is almost 70% foreign players. Serie A and 1BL at 55% foreign.......La Liga has it right 39% foreign (they have more restrictions to entry). Even Eredivisie at 45% foreign.

Anything above 50% is too much.

its not about anti-foreign but neglect for domestic players. Those leagues is supposed to be their leagues.

Its Globolization and open markets that changed the whole thing. And for Germany its about what sells most to make profit and Germans don't sell......

BVBFNM repped this.
  6. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    The Premier League is the most extreme case. Foreign owned clubs, highest percentage of foreign players of any league, and all the top managers are foreign. Basically a Super League in all but name.

Ger90 repped this.
  7. AdiD

AdiD Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I read a tweet from a journalist in connection to the Europe league that Villareal had 10 players in their A-squad who where raised in the club. In a city with around 50 000 inhabitants.

These kind of clubs should be the benchmark for many Bundesliga clubs instead of quick money transfers and no success.

Ger90 repped this.
  8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Germany is also a country where 2BL has disdain for young and inexperienced and accurate for most clubs. They don't like inexperienced youth......more likely to not use or dump on loan.

this is due to most having no II and/or wanting to survive so no patience to integrate.

PierreLittbarski, BVBFNM and AdiD repped this.
  9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yikes Schalke start 2BL campaign with 3-1 L.....

Blueberry_night repped this.
  10. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I just hope HSV don't get ahead of themselves and this turns out to be another false dawn.

Ger90 and Blueberry_night repped this.
  11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Cuisance is an ego maniac who was never 1st choice at Gladbach and Bayern went for a bencher. Never looked good at Bayern, nor in Ligue 1 loan. Gladbach trashed him hard for a long long while too hitting at his shitty personality. Excatly type of player that Jupp Heynckes would barf at him being a Bayern player....

as for Zirkzee, very very raw and nowhere near ready. While tons of fans praised him too moon for his efficient early start. I was critical from day 1 seeing him play in 3rd Liga....not sure how Nagelsmann intends on dev CF #3........

Zirkzee and the seriousness - that is anything but a success story. Since his move from the youth academy from Feyenoord Rotterdam to the Isar in the summer of 2017, coaches and managers at FC Bayern have accused the attacker of making too little of his talent. It doesn't help that off the pitch he's an easy-going, helpful and communicative guy who gets along very well with many other players.

FC Bayern Munich: No buyer for Zirkzee in sight Nagelsmann's predecessor Hansi Flick even got to a point during the first half of the previous season where he sent Zirkzee back to the Bayern amateurs and the club then suggested that he get match practice at the highest level elsewhere. The result: Zirkzee switched to Italy on loan to Parma Calcio, where he was just as unconvincing and missed a large part of all games due to a knee injury. As a result, the simulation games of the decision-makers at FC Bayern to increase the player's market value in order to sell him for good money in the summer. The fact that Zirkzee is now back in Munich is not only due to the lack of purchase offers, but also to FC Bayern's corona-related austerity measures. The executives hope that talent promoter Nagelsmann will get the player right again.

13. He left for Bayern before we could teach him the fine details of being a striker.
    Every young talent who left for the big paycheck before ever playing at least two years in the Eredivisie has failed.

Blueberry_night and Ger90 repped this.
  14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    -Weghorst=success
    -Brobbey=too early to call but left Ajax too early. And tons of question mark on his attitude. He only wanted to go to Leipzig for Nagelsmann (lol), otherwise doesn't seem interested in playing for Leipzig or living in Germany.
    -Zirkzee and Redan=limbo
    -Sankoh and Ohio=still in very young side as 2 03s. Ohio had a failed Eredivisie loan and 1st fail loan from Leipizg too.

Weghorst=didn't leave Netherlands too early.
    Zirkzee, Redan, Sankoh and Ohio=skipped Eredivisie
    Brobbey=left after barely playing Eredivisie on free transfer, only reason Leipzig pounced on him.....

PierreLittbarski repped this.
  15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #6615 Ger90, Jul 28, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
    I recall 100% being critical of this transfer back in 2019 and was right it never panned out, now going to MLS, lol.

16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ohio got Austrian Bundesliga loan.

Zirzkee impressing no one and missing an open net by hitting side net is linked with Anderlecht and Hellas Verona. Bayern wants to get rid of him, either sell or 2nd loan with buying option. Very poor in preseason too.

Redan likely also loan candiate too.

17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

18. rj123

rj123 Member

The team with the most German NT players
    Germany
    Nov 21, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Wow - I remember when he played his first XI for Bayern - he was touted as the next great talent (he scored a goal and demonstrated some skill if IRC).

Interesting how someone so promising just degenerates.

I was also p*ssed off that a non-German was getting so much attention:(

Ger90 repped this.
  19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I called it from day 1. In II, you could see horrible 1st touch, terrible mentality, only good in box, really poor outside box.

all hype came from him scoring 3 goals in his 1st 3 shots.....and I did say no player can continue record like that. One of his goals was Sommer shooting straight at him too,

but his issues and bad attitute continued and he crashed and burned. Yeah and our regular troll poster was using Zirkzee to shit on German players, LULZ.

Still think he's raw talent and not writing him off if he gets his shit together. But he's been straight horrible in 3/3 preseason along with Cuisance.

from a German perspective Zirkzee out is a very good thing. Now can focus on
    Sieb, Scott, Tillman, Ibrahimovic, Wenig, Copado, Kabadayi, Motika, Vidovic etc.

PierreLittbarski and rj123 repped this.
  20. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I recall when 99 CFKovacevic transferred to Hoff, they basically made it sound like 1st prospect. Imagine bringing a player with 0 pro goals in Croatia 1st and 2nd division to initially play II and than goes on flop MLS loan and now in Cyprus......

02 CF Noah Botic (Australia) also got TONS of hype and was Hoff U19 player now clubless.

21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    trash clubs,

Statement on the European Super League
    FC Barcelona, Juventus and Real Madrid CF are satisfied with the judicial decision taken today which orders UEFA to revoke any action taken against the founding clubs of the European Super League

FC Barcelona, Juventus, and Real Madrid CF welcome today's Court's decision enforcing, with immediate effect, UEFA's obligation to unwind the actions taken against all European Super League founding clubs, including terminating the disciplinary proceedings against the undersigning three clubs and removing the penalties and restrictions imposed on the remaining nine founding clubs for them to avoid UEFA's disciplinary action.

The Court backs the request made by the promoters of the European Super League, dismisses UEFA's appeal, and confirms its warning to UEFA that failure to comply with its ruling shall result in fines and potential criminal liability. The case will be assessed by the European Court of Justice in Luxembourg, which shall review UEFA's monopolistic position over European football.

We have the duty to address the very serious issues facing football: UEFA has established itself as the sole regulator, exclusive operator, and unique owner of rights of European football competitions. This monopolistic position, in conflict of interest, is damaging football and its competitive balance. As shown by ample evidence, financial controls are inadequate, and they have been improperly enforced. Clubs participating in European competitions have the right to govern their own competitions.

We are pleased that going forward we will no longer be subject to ongoing UEFA's threats. Our aim is to keep developing the Super League project in a constructive and cooperative manner, always counting on all football stakeholders: fans, players, coaches, clubs, leagues, and national and international associations. We are aware that there are elements of our proposal that should be reviewed and, of course, can be improved through dialogue and consensus. We remain confident in the success of a project that will be always compliant with European Union laws.
    https://www.fcbarcelona.com/en/club/news/2202247/statement-on-the-european-super-league

Alex C and Blueberry_night repped this.
  22. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    FC Barcelona, mes que un club.

Alex C repped this.
  23. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Those 3 clubs need to be banned from UCL. Even all English clubs behaved much better than those 3 ars3h0les of clubs.

Ger90 and Alex C repped this.
  24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    1BL seems like EPL dev league, always selling to EPL. Hope he doesn't flop, a LOT of ex 1BL players aren't performing outside of 1BL.

25. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It seems both Bayern and Dortmund have issues at RB. Pavard and Meunier both pretty meh and zero cover (Sarr at Bayern lol and Morey out for year at Dortmund.

Blueberry_night, BVBFNM and Ger90 repped this.