Bundesliga 2023/24 - Wolfsburg or Bayern? - It's the same question as the years before

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by Lohmann, Aug 9, 2023.

1. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #1876 Batfink, Feb 12, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2024
    LOL... Straus set to have traded Lohmann - Magull who'd combine for a total of 22 goals 18 assists as CM's during the a 2020/21 season, for a increasingly past her prime looking Harder, and... Stanway...:confused:

And while the prospect of an Oberdorf - Stanway - Harder CM trio sounds really great on paper, I'm still 99% sure with Straus-ball, it won't even look any different than what Bayern already have now with Zadrazil in their team...:cautious:

It's crazy.. but the one area of Bayern's team that didn't need to be overhauled, is set to lose ALL 3 starters next season....:speechless: Magull - Lohmann - Zadrazil, exchanged for Stanway - Harder - Oberdorf, might not be the true upgrade some currently believe it to be...:whistling:

Should be really interesting to see what the hell Bayern look like when Straus era ends... very interesting.

2. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Nürnberg - Leverkusen 1:2(0:1)
    Magnusdottir(49) - Friedrich(28), Bragstad(59)

1.Bayern 33 29-4
    2.Wolfsburg 32 31-9
    3.Frankfurt 26 24-14
    4.Hoffenheim 21 29-18
    5.Bremen 20 25-13
    6.Leverkusen 20 23-16
    7.Essen 18 20-15
    8.Freiburg 16 16-28
    9.Köln 10 15-27
    10.Leipzig 10 14-28
    11.Nürnberg 8 8-33
    12.Duisburg 3 8-37

Wednesday: DFB-Pokal Offenbach vs Bayern

blissett repped this.
  3. luka74

luka74 Member

Melbourne CIty, St Pauli, VFL Wolfsburg Frauen, Chelsea WSL
    Australia
    Nov 13, 2017
    Melbourne
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I hope Obi stays at Wolfsburg. If she goes to Bayern I agree that at least she is still in Germany, which is a good thing. She would smash the WSL though. The one thing I would hate is if she would go to Barcelona to become a bit player behind Bonmati ect. It must be tough howver considering financial gains plus high level UWCL. Im already bored with the same clubs buying european titles in womens football as in men's, at least it is not dominated by english clubs yet.

4. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LOL... with today's news, it's basically 100% all set we see Oberdorf join Bayern now. All we need is Bayern to announce the transfer.

Oberdorf is a very strong box to box CM, who can play as a DM, meaning she'd be competing with Walsh, or Engen, if Barcelona was her next destination.

And while everyone overhypes the WSL now, and talks about a perceived coming new order in UWCL competition, it's telling the last 10 years since we've last seen a German club lift the trophy (FFC Frankfurt), only one WSL actually made a final (4-0 defeat...:whistling:), while Wolfsburg been 1.Bundesliga's rep in the final 4 more times, the same number as Barcelona....:coffee:

luka74 repped this.
  5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  6. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  7. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Are Wolfsburg's players sick of Stroot lol...:cautious:

If they keep losing experienced players, there's no way they can compete next season...:speechless:

Rauch, Janssen, Oberdorf, all leaving, with Wilms needing to be replaced, and a host of other positions needing additions too... how the hell do Wolfsburg expect to compete in UWCL and 1.Bundesliga next season...:confused:

8. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    It seems like your favourite Straus has more pulling power of getting top players at Bayern. :coffee:

9. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    We both know he has absolutely nothing to do with any of this...:rolleyes: Nobody is joining Bayern Munich's women, because of the amazing prospect of being part of Straus-ball lol.

This is just a mixture of the traditional Bayern x Wolfsburg cross over of talent, alongside some still unproven new direction of Bianca Rech...:cautious:

Two high score wins Vs two of the worst form teams in the league, alongside news of Oberdorf signing for them, and suddenly Straus is a football genius, who's now able to attract the worlds best players lol.

10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    @Bauser If Wolfsburg are about to go through a tough period of rebuilding through downgrading, I think it's genuinely concerning to think what the future of 1,Bundesliga looks like within UWCL competition, if Straus-ball Bayern it's strongest representative...:cautious:

And this because I'm not convinced a new CM trio of Oberdorf - Stanway - Harder, enough to change the fact a tactically underwhelming Straus still the head coach; a coach who's two years with this team in the UWCL, have only seen the football on show get progressively less effective, not better.

I mean... his best result in the UWCL owing large thanks to the foundations left behind by the teams prior coach. Straus would still go on to appear completely pathetic Vs Arsenal, then head into this seasons group stage with an attack more reliant on free kicks and corners, than anything impressive in general play...:speechless:

But we're supposed to believe Oberdorf this missing piece that's going to lead Bayern to domestic dominance and UWCL glory...? LOL.. I really don't know how or why this is happening, but it's like Straus manages to exist within a vacuum to himself lol, with Bayern having no meaningful history before his arrival...:confused:

11. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Stephan Lerch will step down as head coach of TSG Hoffenheim at the end of the season... and yeah, I'd be lying if I didn't see this coming...:rolleyes:

However, he will be staying with Hoffenheim as the clubs sporting director, saying trying to balance both roles had become far too difficult to do both jobs to his best ability.

But again.. looking at Hoffenheim this season, I felt Lerch wasn't remotely close to matching the work done by Gallai, or the short lived reign of Nadine Rosler.

12. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    DFB-Pokal Offenbach - Bayern now (0:2 at HT: Damnjanovic(21), Lohmann(24))

blissett repped this.
  13. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Offenbach - Bayern 0:6(0:2)
    Damnjanovic(21), Lohmann(24), Bayings(78), Sehitler(84), Harder(88,90)

Quarterfinal (5th March)
    Hoffenheim vs Wolfsburg
    Leverkusen vs Essen
    Jena vs Bayern
    Frankfurt vs Duisburg

blissett repped this.
  14. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  15. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    #1891 BIHfan, Feb 15, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2024
    They are using an exit clause in her contract to do it, to my knowledge there is no transfer fee or if there is it hasn't been disclosed yet. She will move in June and will sign a contract at Bayern until 2028.

The two clubs did not provide any information about the transfer fee. In the past few days, Bild had speculated about a transfer fee of 200,000 to 250,000 euros, and the Wolfsburger Allgemeine Zeitung even reported more than 400,000 euros. Either way it is likely to be the most expensive transfer in the history of the Frauen Bundesliga.

hotjam2 repped this.
  16. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I see Lohmann was able to score in Bayern's cup game, but still find herself back on the bench before the start of the 2nd half lol...:thumbsdown:

And if it wasn't clear already, it should be close to confirmed soon enough, that Lohmann's time with Bayern basically coming to an end; leaving a period we will have to wait and see if Bayern tries to sell her, or she spends the remainder of her contract stuck to the bench...:unsure:

Previous rumour's of Real Madrid having interest in Lohmann never sounding like a realistic option. If she does in fact wait for her contract to end, it could see her be one of the rare Straus era Bayern players to find a home at another strong UWCL club.

But unfortunately... with no hope of Wolfsburg making a move for her, and Frankfurt still lacking the true ambition, I fear it results in her most likely options residing in the WSL...
    [​IMG]

17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Bayern's Potential 2024/25 squad...
    ----------------- Harder/Şehitler ---------------- Schüller/Damnjanović --------------------
    ------- Bühl/Kett ------------------------------------------------------ Dallmann/Baijings ------
    --------------------- Oberdorf/Zadrazil --------- Stanway/Kerr -----------------------------
    Simon/KN/Belloumou ---------------------------------------------- Gwinn/Guzman/Hansen
    ----------------- Eriksson/Sembrant ------------ GPV/Tainara ---------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------- GK -------------------------------------------------------
    I have ZERO idea where Tanikawa fits into this, but see both Lohmann, KLV, being sold/allowed to leave.

And opposite to the current Wolfsburg squad which is overloaded in attack, this Bayern appears even more overloaded in it's various defensive options now...:speechless:

18. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    Tanikawa is only 18 years old, I wouldn't be surprising if she gets loaned to a weaker club next season like Koln, Duisburg.

19. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Wolfsburg's Potential 2024/25 squad...
    Pajor/Jónsdóttir/Brand ------------- Popp/Kalma -------------- Sellner/Endemann/Huth
    ------------------------------------------ Blomqvist/Xhemaili ----------------------------------------------
    -------------------------- Hagel/Lattwein --------------------- Minge -------------------------------------
    Rábano/Nemeth ----- Küver/Hegering ----------------- Hendrich ------ Wedemeyer/Wilms
    ------------------------------------------- Frohms/Schmitz -------------------------------------------------
    I'm convinced Linder joins them, but she'd be only one positive arrival around a list of wider questions surrounding the futures of even more players on this team...:cautious:

Rebuilding the mid-field and defence now at a critical point for Wolfsburg, it will be very interesting who the club has planned to replace the latest line of key elements departing the club.

20. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    And why is Tanikawa allowed to continue developing outside Bayern, but Kett, and a younger Sehitler have to remain stuck to the Straus-ball bench...?

From what I could tell, Straus would use Şehitler within a DM role in their recent cup match lol, with Kett being 100% a winger that's currently part of a team which has no use for traditional wingers..:confused:. Along with Guzman, I feel like these players would ALL be better off being on loan at different teams.

But we're here talking about Tanikawa being allowed to go on loan to play regular football, while Sheitler wasting time in Bayern's 2nd team, as Kett spends every week stuck to the first teams bench...:thumbsdown:

21. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Frankfurt's Potential 2024/25 squad...
    ------------------------- Anyomi/Martinez ----------------------- Chiba/Prašnikar -----------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------- Freigang -----------------------------------------------------
    --------- Dunst/I.Açıkgöz ----------------------------------------------------- Sanvig/Reuteler -----------
    -------------------------------------------------- Gräwe/Platner ------------------------------------------------
    Hanshaw/D.Açıkgöz --- Kirchberger/Doorosun ---- Kleinherne/Veit --- Wolter/Aehling/Riesen
    -------------------------------------------------- Johannes/Bösl --------------------------------------------------
    The youngest squad of the leagues current top 3, as a group they've also been gradually maturing over time, and now able for periods of time to remain at an eye level with Europe's very best.

But with this strong period of development, it's also become very clear that this Frankfurt side might have reached a plateau now; where until they can add a legit elite level goal threat to their starting 11, we won't see them beating the teams still slightly above them.

And here's where they real concern arises... watching younger names like Anyomi, Gräwe, Kleinherne, all showcasing genuine signs of potential to be part of even stronger teams. How long can Frankfurt realistically hope to retain this type of talent, before rival clubs start breaking everything apart...:cautious:

22. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  23. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    It's incoherent and hypocritical, we agree.

24. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    2.Bundesliga continues after winter break this weekend. So we will see if Sehitler remains at the first team or goes back to the second team.