Bundesliga 2023/24 - Wolfsburg or Bayern? - It's the same question as the years before

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by Lohmann, Aug 9, 2023.

1. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LOL.... Marie Müller joins Portland Thorns FC...
    [​IMG]

2. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Freiburg were already set to lose Minge, and now Müller announces her exit too...o_O

I don't know how Müller's new NWSL club intends to use her, knowing she's a CM, who's probably produced her best football as a LB...:confused:

But hey, look @hotjam2 now you have another player to add to your non Bundesliga German all-stars squad...
    [​IMG]

3. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    great news, NWSL's minimum wage is now over $32K/over $50K ave plus room & board for an 7 month season. That's got to be better than what Freiburg pays---considering Lisa Karl got to make an extra living as an police lieutenant-- -and who can't forgot Hegering's 12 hour shifts as an construction worker over in Essen? lol

moving to Portland, Muller got to be consider though that it's America;s quirckiest town--it ain't for fashionistas!

4. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Duisburg - Hoffenheim 0:2(0:1)
    Corley(19), Krumbiegel(84)

Leipzig - Köln 2:1(1:0)
    Fudalla(8), Müller(75) - Wiankowska(90+1p)

Bremen - Nürnberg 4:0(0.0)
    Ulbrich(62p,72), Wirtz(82), Schmidt(89og)

blissett repped this.
  5. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    Great goal though I will never understand why Duisburg keeps playing at that stadium.

6. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    From a recent news article....:coffee:

Germany's women's Bundesliga will see an increase from the current 12 teams "in the medium term", managing director Holger Blask from the domestic federation DFB has said amid calls for a swift expansion.

Blask told dpa that "a DFB project team has been working on a growth and professionalisation plan for the Women's Bundesliga.

"Various areas and measures have been identified in which urgent investment is needed in order to avoid being left behind internationally and to further professionalise the structures," he said.

He said that the growth plan was submitted to clubs in December but the DFB has admitted "that there is currently disagreement within the league about the speed of implementation.

LOL... what is this fraudulent nonsense...
    [​IMG]

The DFB such a joke right now lol, this talk of expansion blatantly a reactionary response to the clubs leadership still wanting to form a separate new break away league...:rolleyes:

And if you want to truly understand why I think this the case... Blask would also state "clubs would also initially have one third less money available from TV marketing in the event of an increase due to the current media contracts, because the income would have to be divided among more clubs."...
    [​IMG]

7. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The clubs are sick and tired of being connected to the broken mess called the DFB, and have been talking about proposals to form a break away league for years.

But for reasons I still can't grasp, the DFB refuse to let go of the women's league, when it obvious the people meant to be in control, have absolutely zero idea what they should be doing...:confused:

And now instead of talking about improving sponsorship deals, gaining better media presence, and having more integration of female players into the infrastructure of even more of the nations biggest clubs, these dummies are expecting clubs to be happy making LESS money, in the belief having more teams in 1.Bundesliga will magically improve things...
    [​IMG]

8. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Great goal from Krumbiegel, but I never understand why she can't do this against higher quality opposition lol...:confused:

With her most recent goal, she might have just scored the leagues best goal for consecutive seasons now. But scoring from her own half Vs Köln last season, and now a world class curling strike into to the top corner Vs Duisburg, it still feels like she has to start showcasing this quality facing tougher opposition, no...?

At Hoffenheim, she's seen wide forwards like Sellner, and Brand, shine incredibly bright for the club while facing the leagues best teams, and now has a teenage Alber come into the 1st team ahead of her too.

So maybe she's a late developer... but when your able to produce such high quality goals, at some point Krumbiegel has to gain the ability to positively effect club games while facing tough opposition...:unsure:

9. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Full Matches...

MSV Duisburg Vs TSG Hoffenheim

RB Leipzig Vs 1. FC Köln

SV Werder Bremen Vs 1. FC Nürnberg

Lohmann repped this.
  10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nürnberg only have themselves to blame for the 4-0 defeat Vs Bremen. Nürnberg dominating the 1st half, but wasting numerous clear chances to take the lead.

The final result really doesn't tell the true story of the game, and honestly should give Nürnberg some confidence to believe themselves capable of gain a few more surprise points this season, facing opponents who might think them unworthy to take seriously...:cautious:

11. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    All this gloating, when the NWSL with the largest player base in global women's football, can't even roster enough of it's own US/North American talent, to produce teams at the same, or higher standard of European rivals...:rolleyes:

I mean, I like the potential of Marie Müller... but like many of the players the NWSL gets from European clubs, it seems like the US league is paying a very high price tag for talents that aren't even close to the best within UEFA's various leagues right now...:coffee:

Plus it widely known Essen the only all women's club still left in the league... so I don't know why you continue to mention their various inadequacies all the damn time, as if we all somehow unaware of the clubs status..:confused:

Essen with limited resource, do an amazing job to simply remain in the nations top division, and also continue to do this while being a prime development centre to a lot of the games elite talent. Factually, without Essen being what they are, bigger institutions like Wolfsburg and the WNT wouldn't be who they are.

12. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    “gloating” WOW that finally seeing German female players are finally getting full pay?

If Senss is still an registered nurse(as she was outed in an article a few years back), then it means that in this day & age Germany still can’t start 11 full time professionals(as Senss started last game vs Wales).

Just the other day on an WSL post; Man City just paid a 200K pounds transfer fee for Lauren Blindkilde Brown—-you might be asking who the heck is she? Well I have no freaking idea either, lol, but it goes to show that now what leagues are paying for complete unknowns.
    If the Bundi doesn’t want to pay comparable salaries, then it’s only fair that in order to grow, that German players move somewhere else.

Anne Gasper is someone that shows she can continue her career on as an starter over at the rather successful Benfica, whereas she might of been thinking of retiring if her only option was to stay at the miserable paying Potsdam. Likewise Chiemilski scored for her Italian club the other day in an upset over Roma.

finding better paying clubs/leagues hasn’t hurt NT’s from around the world either; barely any top Swedes play these days in their own domestic league, yet their NT performances have been rye most consistent over last 4 major tournaments(at least semi finals in all of them). Japan players are now all over/West Ham starts at least 3 of their NT’s.
    ——————————————————

“Gloating” yep, I admit I did that when you predicted Roma would beat Ajax—-I mean just way too much ‘patronizing’ over Roma & Kumagai, not just from you but other posters as well….so glad to see them get place instead, lol

13. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    By using "?" as title they try to avoid being deleted?o_O I wonder how long these videos will stay.

14. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Leverkusen vs Wolfsburg can be watched free on DAZN.

15. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    This IS NOT the tone of your post. Your post was just regurgitating the same old pointless facts we ALL KNOW, after I'd expose you for another lazy attempt to dismiss this league post Frankfurt and Bayern's failure to escape the UWCL group stage.

The new asinine gloating you were 100% attempting, also making ZERO sense when the NWSL is paying a lot of money to only get at best mid level talent out of Europe; where someone like Marie Müller joining the NWSL fitting this perfectly.

Again... this is ASSININE. The amount of players that have been part of the wnt over the past 8 years is almost ridiculous. But your speculating about a full time pro Senß having her first full wnt appearance as problematic, because she was a Nurse while at Essen...
    [​IMG]

Again... not very smart. Man City just paid a lot of money for a young English talent. This very similar to what we'd seen from Wolfsburg, as they'd get Brand, and Endemann, a year before their contracts end, simply to prevent rival clubs to acquire their services.

The key difference here, is Wolfsburg not disclosing the fee's they'd have to pay, knowing they likely also didn't need to waste anything as much money to make these transfer happen either..:rolleyes:

16. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You clearly don't know why Gasper left Potsdam...:rolleyes: hint... mental health played a big role for her, and not only wanting to play football somewhere else.

And what does Chmielinski being in Italy have to do with anything..? She also played for FC Rosengard, but I didn't see you here saying anything about this, as it clearly didn't fit your latest garbage narrative.. did it.

See... if German talent needs to leave this league to continue their own personal develop... fine. But the whole issue I take with you here, is seeing you paint a garbage narrative that Germany's best talent currently resides outside the league, or needs to leave in order to be relevant on the elite stage...:thumbsdown:

Oh, wait... I didn't see your predictions posted anywhere. But I guess it's far easier to say nothing, sit back, and look good later down the line playing captain hindsight...:rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

And no, I'm not as limited in my thought process, to come here and make predictions on football matches based on something as stupid as who someone like Kumagai starts for...:confused:

Roma had already beat Ajax 3-0 earlier this season, and managed to throw away their 2nd match Vs Ajax after they'd produce 17 shots away from home compared to Ajax only having 5.

So yeah dummy, if you used normal analysis here nothing about my prediction on Roma crazy. With me also straight up predicting the Bayern Vs PSG result, but with you clearly having BS reasons to ignore this, right...:whistling:

17. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Noticed final 1-1 Wolfsburg/Leverkusen. Guess Bragstad was something to brag about!:D

18. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lucky goal by Bragstad. The ball was headed against her leg. Hegering send off after her second yellow card will miss the match against Frankfurt.

19. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Leverkusen - Wolfsburg 1:1(0:1)
    Bragstad(73) - Popp(37)

Highlights

Full game

Frankfurt - Essen 1:0(0:0)
    Doorsoun(62)

Tomorrow Bayern vs Freiburg

blissett repped this.
  20. ytrs

ytrs Member+

Jan 24, 2018
    Woah wait. Do you watch the NWSL? Mark Parsons, an English coach who has coached in the WSL and NWSL was on a UK podcast last week. He said that when he coached the Portland Thorns they played Lyon. He said he started his bench, then put his starters in for the second half. He said Lyon should have scored a goal or two on his bench, but they could not handle his starters. He said Wendy Renard in particular was completely at a loss as to how to handle Sophia Smith. Please don't trash a league you know nothing about. The results in the International Champions Cup speak for themselves, even though we often play our bench because it is mid-season for us.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women's_International_Champions_Cup

21. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    to be fair, Euro teams usually only come over to the states during preseason & looking more like tourists than in tip top shape.
    Euro clubs come over here to ‘sell their brand’(rather than to compete on an effective level). For instance PSG runs a soccer camp in Miami that costs $12K a student—to go along with all the merch & gear that clubs sell in such an vast market like the US
    Portland itself didn’t bother putting up much of a fight last ICC outing, getting beat by(back then) 4th place Mexican league, Monterrey—and that’s of course in part that the Thorns started so many regular subs but it also goes to show that whether it’s Portland or any foreign club, their just not taking club tourney’s seriously enough anymore.

This year, the NWSL doing the right thing by investing a lot of money straight across the league—especially now two Spanish coaches (especially buying off the Barca one)A lot of Euro leagues still feel like a caste system with just big clubs buying out all the talent. But then NWSL doesn’t get to play in the glamour of the Champions League—-and if you looked at the lineups or rosters of last year’s finalists; Barca & Wolfsburg, they easily surpassed their respective country’s NT’s. I mean Spain won the World Cup with an majority Barca lineup—-now add international stars like Hansen, Rolfo, Bronze, Walsh Oshoala, Brutgs—as well as majority of Spain’s super youth talent.
    Meanwhile not to be outdone, Wolfsburg’s Jonnsdottir actually out ‘athletic-sized’ Paraluelo, in that game…and that’s the thing with Wolfsburg, their usually scouting all the ‘brand new talent’ out there. This in a way makes Bundi interesting as your seeing high schoolers competing alongside college age & veterans—and looks like now NWSL don’t thr same—so in an effect copying Euros

22. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #1822 hotjam2, Feb 5, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2024
    watched thr WoB/BL highlights; was BL’s goal not allowed(6 min) due Bender called for fouling Frohms?…., Frohms should of saved that “lucky” bounce off Bragsted(the distance was far enough), Hegering poor judgement on collecting that red card—-now WOB might be CB less as Kuver & Hendrich are also out due to injury. Brand with perfect assist—if only Wedermeyer’s shot went in

btw….Poles currently make up 2 of the 3 top scorers in the league. So at least one happy camper out there, @Lechus7

23. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bender was some meters offside (she was even behind Frohms). I don't think Frohms can be blamed for the goal. Some players were standing in her field of view.

upload_2024-2-5_16-39-52.png

hotjam2 repped this.
  24. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    I'm gonna be even more happy if they keep it up for EURO 25 qualifiers ;)

blissett repped this.
  25. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany