Bundesliga 2023/24 - Wolfsburg or Bayern? - It's the same question as the years before

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by Lohmann, Aug 9, 2023.

1. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  2. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    0:1 Eriksson!

blissett repped this.
  3. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    sorry, can’t watch to commitment, saw a little of the smallish crowd, has the Bayern brand diminished a bit these days?

4. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If a were a PSG fan I wouldn't watch this team. PSG really bad but now Vangsgaard in (chance to foul her out for the Nations League?:devilish:).Lohmann for Schüller.

5. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Bad, bad thoughts! :devilish::devilish::devilish:

Roma would like a good old draw in this match... :coffee:

6. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    A draw between Roma and Ajax wouldn't be bad either:sneaky:

blissett repped this.
  7. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    7 minutes added:eek: No second Roma, please!

blissett repped this.
  8. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Go PSG! :ninja:

9. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I guess you meant this for their next two Champions League matches!:whistling::sneaky:

10. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    No. :devilish:

11. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Roma-Ajax 3-0 FT.

Since Bayern and Roma had a draw last week, the first tie-breaker is goal difference: Roma lead the group with 4 points and a goal difference of +3. :sneaky:

12. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Be happy
    Show Spoiler
    as long as you can:sneaky:

blissett repped this.
  13. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Lohmann doesn't look a 100% fit to me since returning from injury :speechless:

14. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The UWCL 2023/24.... Barcelona, Lyon, maybe Chelsea... then a whole bunch of mid...:sleep:
    [​IMG]

blissett repped this.
  15. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #1240 Batfink, Nov 24, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2023
    Magull says at the end of last season, she made the decision to relinquish her position of club captain... “The season demanded a lot from me and the position was stressful for me in a certain way. With this decision, I wanted to enable myself to focus more on myself again,"..o_O

But this clearly not working as planned lol... with her position within Bayern under Straus reduced to no more than a passing thought substitute, who's only opportunities to play seeing her forced into wide AM roles...:confused:

Coming from a 29yo who should be moving into her career peak, this sounds very strange...:cautious:

16. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LOL... when a healthy Schüller eventually dropped from the starting 11, so a returning Harder can partner Damnjanovic, I think people will start to understand how much this a Straus issue, and not a player problem...:whistling:

Me having ZERO idea what Lohmann's role is within this Bayern team anymore; looking at her various performances this season, I'm also thinking neither does she lol.

17. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    here's the steam link to the upcoming in a few min Wolfsburg-Bremen Cup game

here's WOb's starting lineup. Personally I thought Popp would miss this one & in harm's way till next week's Denmark game. @Batfink, look who's on the roster!
    404327787_18322910305097504_8529574826160967314_n.jpg

Lohmann repped this.
  18. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Playing for a Essen side last season who'd finish comfortably above the relegation zone in 7th place, Endemann was not only the leagues most effective wide player at being able to dribble the ball into the opponents penalty box, but also do this while producing a career high of 8 goals, 3 assists.

But with this and other blatant signs of her offensive potential, it taken her having one impressive display Vs Bremen in the early season rounds of the cup, for people to finally acknowledge this true potential, and start to ask if Endemann actually belongs on the wnt....o_O:confused:

LOL... Endemann hasn't even come close to producing her best for Wolfsburg yet, but judging by the reaction of people seeing her this season wearing the green of Wolfsburg, it appears many followers of 1.Bundesliga completely disregard the potential of any player while they exist outside the nations top 4...:rolleyes:

19. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Finally... Germany's next world class CB is healthy enough to make her first competitive debut for her new club..
    [​IMG]

And I know she'll only be used as a FB this season, but without a doubt I'm 100% confident Wolfsburg have signed a genuine world class defensive youth talent in Küver; and with good health on her side, she'll become a key part to the future of a rebuilt senior wnt defence too.

Oh... and @hotjam2.... I don't want to see you deflecting the reality of Brand's current stagnation within Wolfsburg. As a perfect example of what I'm talking about when I say Endemann's tactical understanding of the game further ahead than Brand, was for sure on full display Vs Bremen...:whistling:

Brand's physical strengths providing her the higher ceiling than Endemann... it's still super obvious watching both of them play, that Endemann is significantly ahead of Brand in the basic understanding of how to play in this sport as a wide forward.

20. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    it was fun to watch all three(Brand, Endemann & Kuver) play together. But sometimes having to be paired against each for playing time is causing undo pressure on them, that’s why I wish WOB would get rid of Pajor. I hear you that you need new blood at CB. Kuver can be on left FB as well. She can definitely speed up both flanks faster than currently anybody else.

Easy win, but to be fair Bremen missing arguably their two best in Lurssen & Hahn(and both be defending at FB)

21. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    This is called healthy competition for places, and it's a key part to every strong team in the quest to win trophies, while the games elite players continue their development as professional athletes.

[​IMG]

Yeah... add this to the list of ridiculous things you've said here lol. If Pajor wants to stay, it's 100% in Wolfsburg's interest to make it happen.

22. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The initial fear with Wolfsburg recruiting a young talent like Küver, is her new coach not allowing her to develop as a CB, only using in the same FB role we'd see with her deployed at Frankfurt.

But knowing Hegering is basically a player coach right now, with Hendrich also in her early 30's, Wolfsburg have to know in Küver they've got another Oberdorf level talent, who doesn't need to be held back from being a 1st team regular, simply because she's in her early 20's...:cautious:

Lührßen getting injured Vs Bayern is disappointing, but I think somethings changed with Bremen's team selection as this seasons progressed; watching Hahn continue to be substituted, with her eventually being dropped from Bremen's starting 11 after the Bayern game too...:unsure:

But regardless of these player changes, the biggest factor I see surrounding Bremen's heavy defeat Vs Wolfsburg, was probably their change from a back 5, to a back 4.

As this removed a key element of their success this season, where being aggressive, fouling a lot in mid-field, a key component of them slowing the game down aka playing the game at their proffered tempo.

Vs Wolfsburg in this cup match, everything was being played at a temp too quick for Bremen's players to contest the mid-field battle. And it would see the league biggest foul machine Hausicke, reduced to a truly ineffectual presence lol.

23. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It’s also led to mental breakdowns as the much publicized Oberdorf & Brand in treatment therapy
    Hahn been missing the last few games fro Bremen—so not sure if it’s injury or just taking time off.
    She previously played 3 seasons of American college ball even though she’s only 20. So must be very bright to go to college at age 17(probably skipped an year of high school)

24. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Huh...?
    [​IMG]

I can assure you she's not special enough to be granted the ability to be "taking time off" lol. Personally, I just think she's facing competition for her place in the team, similar to seeing Dieckmann replaced after initially starting the season as a 1st choice member of her team.

Their coach seems to really like 17yo junior German international Kunkel, and also has Matheis come into his side to produce strong performances on the right too. Meaning Hahn not being as consistent as Lührßen, it just might have lead to her needing to constantly fight for a starting place this season.

25. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    DFB-Pokal last 16
    Wolfsburg - Bremen 5:0(3:0)
    Popp(4,25), Pajor(35), Endemann(63), Brand(84)

Hamburger SV - Leverkusen 0:4(0:1)
    Karczewska(24,52), Levels(58), Merino Gozalez(61)

Viktoria Berlin - Jena 1:3(1:2)
    Ehegötz(29) - Sänger(39og), Mesch(45+1,65)

Essen - Köln 4:3(2:1)
    Rieke(6), Kowalski(15), Piljic(78), Sterner(82) - Zeller(23,60), Wiankowska(52)

Hoffenheim - Leipzig 3:0(1:0)
    Janssens(8), Cazalla(58), Harsch(90+5)

Mainz 05 - Duisburg 0:2(0:0)
    Cin(59), Günster(88p)

Offenbach - Bayern 21.01.2024
    Frankfurt - Freiburg 22.01.2024

blissett repped this.