Bundesliga 2023/24 - Wolfsburg or Bayern? - It's the same question as the years before

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by Lohmann, Aug 9, 2023.

1. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    It's a matter of a big club sending a scout to her games to watch her performances on a regular basis and do reports. That's how a lot of players get recruited to Bayern and Wolfsburg among others.

2. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    For a loan though...? I'm not aware of clubs needing to do this before they seek loan deals for well known highly talented youth talents...:unsure:

If your a club like Freiburg, in need of more squad options, I'm pretty confident your instantly taking Şehitler on loan without having to scout her over a prolonged period of time.

And watching highlights of Şehitler in 2.Bundesliga, it very obvious to me even aged 16 she's wasting everyone's time within this standard of football.

3. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Fudalla's lack of physical conditioning is truly frightening lol, but her ability to shoot with scary efficiency is fast becoming undeniable...:speechless:

Get this girl a real strength and conditioning program ASAP! With a lot more upper body strength, and a slightly improved ability to accelerate over short distances, she could be a genuine problem...:coffee:

4. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    If you're Freiburg yes but not if you're Wolfsburg or Bayern. I'm pretty sure in many ways Sehitler would be "too good" to play for a club like Freiburg and they wouldn't be able to keep her beyond one season at most even with her young age.

5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    But she's already contracted to one of these two clubs... neither of which being an environment she was ever likely to see significant, or any credible amounts of game time in central mid-field..

And this is why I can't understand Sehitler remaining at Bayern for a full season within 2.Bundesliga, when it blatantly obvious at 16 she posses the talent to gain regular access to match time within a lower ranked 1.Bundesliga club.

Huh...:unsure: How would she be "too good" to be on loan at a club like Freiburg this season...?

Playing for Essen, we'd see Oberdorf destroying teams at 16. With this season a 17yo Alber being another incredibly prominent teenager, currently producing enough end product to become one of the leagues best offensive talents.

And when I see an 18yo Zicai featuring so much for Freiburg this season, I'm pretty confident their team would be a fertile environment for Sehitler to continue her own development, while also assisting Freiburg's attacking options after losing Folmli again (another ACL) for the rest of the season.

6. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    I meant to say that Sehitler would rather prove to be too good for Freiburg on the long-term. There's a reason why Oberdorf didn't stay at Essen beyond 2 seasons.

7. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    blissett repped this.
  8. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  9. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    0-0 22 min. mark, so far Barca not in an hurry to get their ticky tacky stuff going. So Frankfurt has been able to stay comfortably on defense & try to get turnovers from pressing, but without an higher press they’ve been stuck with just a few long shots. At least their not tiring themselves out( like they’ve been known to do)

10. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Commentator said: Some think she is the World's best on her position (meant Caro Hansen)
    and Co-Commentator thought he was talking about Kleinherne!:ROFLMAO:

blissett repped this.
  11. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Freigang 1:0!

blissett repped this.
  12. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah Freigang. her millionaire social influencer girlfriend will be proud

13. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #1213 hotjam2, Nov 22, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2023
    no real sense of urgency out of Barca, let Frankfurt stay comfortable in it’s own game plan.
    Surprised that Barca started the error prone Engen at CB. Was going to recommend they put some high pressure on her, but now they can stay back & support each more on defense

14. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  15. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Finally Barca wakes up, 1-1 Paralleulo scores

16. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Benfica 1:0

17. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Mariona 1:2:(

18. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Instead of weak spikedt,Johannes needs to learn to catch the ball

19. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    1:3:thumbsdown: Keep the score low.

20. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Twice now in a minute Caro has burned Hanshaw. Please get her out of there & start high pressing

post edit, Bonmati just got passed Hanshaw

21. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Frankfurt started pressing but too little, too late and looked tired doing so. Barca 3, Frankfurt 1. Not looking forward to the return match

blissett repped this.
  22. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    This is especially sad when you consider that it was 1-0 at halftime and 1-1 until the 59th minute.

23. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Barca was just coming off their El Classico match with Real Madrid this last Sunday(played in front of 40K+), so perhaps emotional & physical drained from that bout made them decide to pay very conservatively in the 1st half, but then finally picked up the pace ten fold in the 2nd half & thus their overall stronger talent took over as well.
    I guess Frankfurt was lull or fooled into thinking staying deep into their own side was going to work in the 2nd half, but really needed to come out as the distances to cover the counters were so much more inconvenient & exhausting.
    Scoreline was fair, just hate to see Frankfurt give up the 3 goals within just a brief space of time.
    Bummer that two of the Bundi’s best CB’s, Doursoon & kleineheme couldn’t hold back the tide, but Gk Johannes had an weak game, at least one of her weak clearance spikes let to an goal.

24. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Well... at least this game didn't see Frankfurt concede 5 or more... but yeah, despite the few positives on show, tactically I still feel like Frankfurt remain one of the most incredibly frustrating 1.Bundesliga sides to watch...:(

As the match focused around neither side using width effectively, we'd see Frankfurt shockingly appear equals to Barcelona, and eventually gain enough of a confident grip over proceedings, that it would allow Hanshaw to move into the attack, and provide the cross for Freigang's goal.

But the instant Barcelona started the 2nd half with the intention of utilising their superior width, this match almost instantly over as a genuine contest; largely due to Frankfurt's mid-field no longer being capable of competing with the switch to a higher speed of transitional football.

You'd see Frankfurt's CB's and FB's left unprotected with Pollowek - Dunst - Reuteler reduced to a marginal presence at best. And what's worse, like I always whine about, I'm sure this could have been prevented if Frankfurt's coach just open his mind to potentially adjusting his tactics for UWCL competition.

25. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It was crazy witnessing Frankfurt compete with a side like Barcelona, without them having any real width... genuinely, it was honestly ridiculous lol... and yet for 45 mins they'd actually be successful in accomplishing the task lol...:speechless:

But it absolutely no coincidence the instant Barca would adjust their style, we'd see them just completely expose Frankfurt's tactical limitations in the 2nd half.

In my opinion, Anyomi also Frankfurt's best individual performer, with a special mention of Kleinherne in defence, and a promising substitutes display from Gräwe.

However, despite all the plaudits she's receiving for her goal, I didn't feel like Freigang that impressive, while Prasnikar really underwhelming too, within a Frankfurt front 3 that really needed to be excellent together if it was to beat this Barcelona side.

So it was always a ridiculous task to ask of Frankfurt to try and beat an opponent like Barca at this stage of the clubs development. But damn... I still can't help feel like a little more maturity, we could have seen Frankfurt complete a huge result...:unsure: