Bundesliga 2023/24 - Wolfsburg or Bayern? - It's the same question as the years before

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by Lohmann, Aug 9, 2023.

1. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'm sure Straus tried this at the start of last season too, meaning this has always been the intention of the coach. And I get it... coming into a club with a long established identity, but trying to make sure people fully understand this his team now... it makes sense.

But the idea GPV the captain/leader of this team... can only happen if the longer serving players are pushed to the side, or allowed to leave...:cautious:

2. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    And that's the problem, as recent years we finally saw Bayern truly compete with Wolfsburg in aggregating the core of the nations best wnt talent. And like it does the rest of Europe's elite, the side effects saw Bayern significantly improving within the UWCL too.

The benefits of having that strong domestic core something Bianca Rech would openly speak about as huge factor what kept the likes of Wolfsburg, Lyon, and Barca, apart from everyone else.

Many people didn't even like the way the club would treat established names like Wenninger either, with me still believing they've replaced Glas, Kumagai, with inferior players too. Leaving me wondering what the hell this new plan really is, when it appears to be focused on removing the foundation of all their more recent domestic/European success...:unsure:

3. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I should also say though... if Bayern no longer interested in establishing a strong core of domestic talent. It does leave the door wide open for another club outside the current top 2, to not only retain talent slightly longer, but obtain better recruitment opportunities for themselves too.

Frankfurt able to reduce the gap between 3rd and 2nd place to 3 points, in a season Hoffenheim would shockingly beat Wolfsburg away, and Frankfurt comfortably walk over Wolfsburg at their home 4-0 too.

I wonder if this increased depth of talent, continues to see the gap close any further this season...:cautious:

4. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    I fully expect Frankfurt and Hoffenheim but also maybe Leverkusen to overtake Bayern on domestic talent production in 2-3 years if things stay like they currently are.

5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Things could get VERY interesting at the top of the league over the next 2-3 years, if we see Frankfurt, and Hoffenheim, both allowed to continue aggregating more of the nations best talents for extra periods of time.

As this alongside more intelligent foreign recruitment strategies, create two clubs in Hoffenheim and Frankfurt, possessing enough strength within their pool of domestic talent, to be able to construct squads deep enough in talent to push the top 2 even harder over time.

BIHfan repped this.
  6. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    And if we're being honest here... a club the scale of Leverkusen has always been uniquely absent in it's ability to introduce elite domestic/foreign talents to this league.

Meaning if this summer demonstrates how their about to take women's football more seriously, it only natural they should be able to challenge Bayern at some point, when it comes to producing a squad filled with credible international level talent, no?

It's honestly crazy thinking Hoffenheim, Essen, or Freiburg, far more relevant than Leverkusen to the production of elite talent within this league. But seeing foreign prospects like Levels, Bragstad, Johansen, KLV, join them at the same time young wnt prospects Bender, Zdebel, Bartz, Boboy, Gonzalez, Wieder, all part of their new look 1st team squad...:thumbsup:

BIHfan repped this.
  7. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #432 hotjam2, Sep 22, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2023
    I can understand Wamser being a sub due to the experience & prime of the upfront starters, but subbing in at only the 86th minute?

well now that Sellner is pregnant, she still can use this time to use her doctorate in psychology & open her own practice

I would definitely recommend U as her first patient! lol

she’s was one of my all time faves, but there was something a little off key when she announced her wedding the day of the start of the ‘long list’ NT/WC training
    and here your actually talking for Lohmann? when all the post was this
    so double checking playing time for her at Bayern, it’s
    2021-22….280 minutes(for the whole season)
    2022-23….232 minutes

So her playing time actually fell last year, but I’m suppose to take her as an big deal player(though her NT has flopped over the last 5 years) only relevance is that she’ll take away another starting spot from an German player

most probable by next season is that once again the low paying BL will loose 7/8 of it’s players, otherwise they wouldn’t of given up Gnawe & Bajings.

8. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    wtf? your just being an freaking NARCISSIST here. Please stop answering my posts then or just put me on ignore

9. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Vilhjalmsdottir was injured for some months last season.

Batfink repped this.
  10. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    I'm not sure how anyone can say Iceland has flopped in any way, they were at the Euros where they didn't lose a single game and took a point against France. They were very close to playing at the World Cup too. Vilhjalmsdottir is a fine player.

Batfink repped this.
  11. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    FLOP could be subjective; me going that they so far they've failed to qualify for the WC(even failed to make the 4 team playoffs for the Wild Card entry & failed to get out of their group the last two times in Euros(last time was 2013).
    either way, she don't got an goal or an assist in Div 1 in previous season, though I noticed she got something when playing for BM's B squad(in Bundi 2)
    If you click to the '232' minutes, it was all against the Bundi bottom teams
    Iceland - K. Vilhjálmsdóttir - Profile with news, career statistics and history - Women Soccerway

12. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They got a draw after 90 minutes against Portugal which is the same as USA did.:sneaky:

13. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That’s not fair, the USA had a miserable coach(if that’s not important then what’s all the whining about MVT?)

14. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So you won't call Germany out after group stage a flop because MVT was their coach?

15. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    They have a population of 380 000 people, give them some time, you can't expect them to be the new Sweden all of a sudden. Just playing at several Euros (which they already have) is a huge success and they were 2 minutes away from qualifying directly for the World Cup last year without Vilhjalmsdottir by the way.

16. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You can see it in her general play... she's still far too raw to be a starter up front for a team like Frankfurt.

Her tenacity and aggressiveness while running direct at opposing defenders, looking more effective than it really is. Wamser's end product is still really low quality compared to where you incorrectly believe it to be right now.

I don't follow the players closely enough to speak on this, but I get the feeling your trying to create the narrative Sellner privately no longer interested in playing elite level football..:unsure:

17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    No... as usual, you said something incorrect, but this time it saw Lohmann use a very simple name drop to highlight your ignorance on this subject...:rolleyes:

You saying.. "the quality was so much better on the out going side compared to the incoming. Plus it’s too much of a turnover of personnel for just one year. Only 5 of the 16 played used by Lev were Germans, and it’s not like well known foreigners; I’ve only heard of Bragsted & Levels(neither one made their respective WC squads)"...:confused:

My guy lol, a certain 22yo Icelandic senior wnt who just left Bayern on loan is right there lol, and now your trying to say KLV not relevant, in an attempt to deflect from your blatant ignorance of the players Leverkusen brought to their team this summer lol.

18. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Wow... Gräwe just left Leverkusen to join a Frankfurt side who'd finish 3rd last season, and after helping them just beat Juventus, is now two games away from helping the club take part in their first UWCL group stage.

Baijings just left to join a Bayern side who were crowed league champions last season, all set to receive more game time than many would expect, ahead of more established known entities like Lohmann, Magull, Dallmann.

So how the F*CK is this a sign of Leverkusen giving up on players...:confused:; maybe... just maybe.. these are two good players a 5th place Leverkusen 18 points away from 4th place, unable to retain the services of any longer...:whistling:

19. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    didn’t the men’s team make it all the way to the Euro semis? Besides, in woso, Scandinavians have always been stronger than the their populations would suggest(based on their very rich countries, per capita, contributes more than pop. size in woso)
    Iceland was particularly good around 2010’s, especially with their upset vs Germany in 2017 WC qualifiers, but have taken a bit of an dive lately despite now having their athletic monster Jonsdottir & BM’s fav CB, GVS
    Definitely MVT is at fault, but you guys don’t want even to fire her! At least we corrected our situation(as Vlatko resigned)

the US dominance was going to end anyways—as long as Euro woso keeps heading more professional. My question was always instead

what took you so long???(as to finally someone-Spain-to dethrone it)

20. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]

Stop playing the victim buddy... you know what your doing here.

21. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    What...o_O UEFA... tiny ass Iceland have to come through UEFA, not some bum level CONCACAF lol...:coffee:

Anyone seeing KLV play for her nation knows she's a good young player...:confused:

But yeah, if you ignore what you see on the field for club/country, ignoring the various UWCL clubs who've actively tried to recruit her, and just focus on stats through years of injury, where she was tasked with removing captain Magull (better than what you see from a more hyped Stanway right now), and a hugely impressive Lohmann from Bayern's starting 11... yeah, KLV doesn't appear to be particularly relevant...:rolleyes:

22. Weltmann

Weltmann Member

Sep 9, 2012
  23. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Does all of the come from Potsdam's 2021/22 season, where they over extended themselves in attempts to finish in the top 3...?

It's crazy how stable an even smaller club like Essen continue to be, Vs the burning house that we've seen Potsdam become over the past few years...:confused:

24. Weltmann

Weltmann Member

Sep 9, 2012
    They lost their main sponsor and no company wants to invest anymore.

25. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    But this feels like they didn't even have any thought of tomorrow, and spent everything chasing UWCL football...:cautious:

The way they'd crumble after finishing 4th in 2021/22, with so many players leaving all at once, screams leaving beyond your means...:unsure:

And this even more apparent, when for years now we've see a smaller female club like Essen still doing well with a significantly smaller budget.

Weltmann repped this.