Bundesliga 2023/24 - Wolfsburg or Bayern? - It's the same question as the years before

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by Lohmann, Aug 9, 2023.

1. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  2. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #3 hotjam2, Aug 9, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2023
    I fear the low energy vibe of your thread title is reflected due to the depression or fallout of the WC-disaster! lol
    Kinda me too with Bayern now with it’s dozen foreign players—-especially Harder with her ‘One Man Army’ shit show she’ll be panhandling out there. If will be dark times for Germans & their more unselfish style to have much influence

blissett and Lohmann repped this.
  3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Nice.:thumbsup:

Well, too bad if that was your plan. :coffee:

4. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    @Lohmann interesting title for this years thread lol, but beyond the obvious two names for who'll win it, I'm still personally looking forward to the new league season.

Like... what do Bayern's increasing number of foreign signings mean for them. Harder likely the new focus of their attack, Stanway the new focus of their mid-field, and GPV the focal point of their defence. How different, and how successful, will this new direction in identity be for this team..?

No more Roord, do we see Hagel take over as Wolfsburg's CAM, or do we see them play with Pajor and Popp within a traditional 4-4-2 again, for a team stacked with major talent, but lacking some needed continuity.

And will Frankfurt finally make the necessary adjustments enabling them to score more goals, knowing Hoffenheim likely a much stronger side after going through their rough early season rebuilding process last season...:cautious:

5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #6 Batfink, Aug 9, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2023
    Even Bayer Leverkusen have made some very interesting recruitments this summer, having me cautiously optimistic about them finally being something more than forgettable mid-table mediocrity lol.

New clubs, new foreign players, and new u17/19 prospects joining their 1st teams. Regardless of the DFB's best efforts to remove positive energy, this coming season should see a relatively good level of stories/intrigue between the top and bottom of the league.

6. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Wolfsburg sign Spanish 24yo left back Nuria Rábano Blanco from Barcelona on a free transfer...o_O

Already having Agrez as cover for Rauch, of all their defensive positions right now, I feel like replacing Wilms should have been the first priority for Wolfsburg.

So this 3rd LB comes as some rather confusing news...:confused:

Weltmann repped this.
  7. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'm going to say this now... I genuinely hope Wolfsburg are paying very close attention to the situation concerning Lohmann's playing time with Bayern this coming season...:cautious:

I know Lohmann 100% committed to having a long career with Bayern, but if there's even a hint of Lohmann being open to the possibility of leaving her childhood club, I'd hope it would include joining Wolfsburg to create a potential mid-field 3 alongside Oberdorf - Lattwein....:sneaky:

Wolfsburg take all that money stolen from Manchester City during the transfer of Roord, and...
    [​IMG]

Weltmann repped this.
  8. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    DFB-Pokal: No surprises in first round. All 2.Bundesliga teams qualified except Ingolstadt which lost to another 2.Bundesliga club(Kiel vs Mönchengladbach on Tuesday).
    Highest wins for Arminia Bielefeld(13:1:thumbsup:), Jahn Calden(7:0) and Henstedt-Ulzburg(7:0).

Result of 2.Bundesliga teams:
    Karlsruhe - Sand 0:4
    Buntentor - Hamburger SV 1:4
    Ingolstadt - Jena 2:3
    Wacker München - Weinberg 0:4

All results
    https://www.dfb.de/dfb-pokal-der-frauen/spieltag/?no_cache=1

9. luka74

luka74 Member

Melbourne CIty, St Pauli, VFL Wolfsburg Frauen, Chelsea WSL
    Australia
    Nov 13, 2017
    Melbourne
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Im really keen to try to watch Bundesliga frauen this season, despite the disapoonting result for the national team, I saw enough of Oberdorf, Brand and Popp among a few others to want to see more. I have tro a handfull of matches during the world cup, and got to see Germany twice. I am located in Australia. I see Dazn has matches, but in australia they do not offer it, it is FAWSL only, which makes sense as a few aussies play there, but i can get that through another streaming service with EPL.
    I would pay for DAZN i thought it would work with a VPN, but not sure. The mens bundesliga is through BEIN down here, but they have no womens football. Just wondering if anyone might have any tips or clues as to where i might be able to watch..I will follow here anyhow. I will at least be able to see DFB Pokal frauen here, as one of the services will show it.

blissett repped this.
  10. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    try ATA football
    http://www.atafootball.com
    they were for free for an while, otherwise they’ll charge an low fee like six dollars per month. It’s only Bayern & Wolfsburg’s games sometimes those can be incredibly one sided(especially vs the league’s bottom dwellers)

there’s also an Ukrainian youtuber that posts games hours after they’ve been played. Guess got to wait till the season starts to see if his still doing it

luka74 repped this.
  11. luka74

luka74 Member

Melbourne CIty, St Pauli, VFL Wolfsburg Frauen, Chelsea WSL
    Australia
    Nov 13, 2017
    Melbourne
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Thanks for the tip. I will check it out, its a start at least, You don't happen to know the ukranian chap's youtube account name ?

12. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #13 hotjam2, Aug 15, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2023
    luka74 repped this.
  13. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Does anybody actually believe Frankfurt have any genuine hopes qualifying for the UWCL group stage...?

I've seen the rest of the top four bring new players to their clubs, but Frankfurt as the club in most need of improvement, only have two recruits this summer.

One being a 20yo Grawe, and two being loan signing of Wolter. I don't see how this enough for a team that really needed to improve mid-field, and offensive productivity, in a UWCL qualification season.

Yes... the u19 trio of the Açıkgöz twins, and Veit, could genuinely make some form of positive contributions to the defence this season. But I'm still having a very difficult time seeing where this teams needed improvement in transition based attacking could occur...:unsure:

14. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Last result of first round: Kiel - Mönchengladbach 2:3

Draw for second round:
    Meppen - Leverkusen
    Potsdam - Wolfsburg
    Bielefeld - Duisburg
    Mönchengladbach - Bremen
    Stern 1900 - Köln
    Bochum - Essen
    Gütersloh - Leipzig
    Viktoria Berlin - Henstedt-Ulzburg
    St.Pauli - Hamburger SV:thumbsup:
    Jena - Nürnberg
    Weinberg - Hoffenheim
    Sand - Freiburg
    Andernach - Bayern
    Hegauer FV - Frankfurt
    Mainz - Jahn Calden
    Offenbach - Hegnach

Weltmann repped this.
  15. Weltmann

Weltmann Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Whenever I see Wilms play, I get in a bad mood.

16. Weltmann

Weltmann Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Juve will be hard. But if Beerensteyn scores like in the World Cup,... they have a chance:whistling:

Lohmann repped this.
  17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LOL... did she even play for the Netherland's during the WC...? I'm sure their coach used his teams regular DM as a CB within his back 3 this tournament...:whistling:, with their wing back choices primarily being attackers too.

This is the most obvious area I feel Wolfsburg need to improve ASAP, with the recent UWCL Technical Report saying as much, showing Wolfsburg's FB's being a huge part of their general play.

I just hope Wilms obvious weakness, doesn't result in Küver having to spend the entire season being deployed as a RB now, when she should be competing for a long term position as a CB for her new club...:cautious:

Weltmann repped this.
  18. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Frankfurt still have enough talent... but I'm not convinced about their current system being effective enough within European competition; very similar to seeing a strong league side Bayern, limping they're way through most of the UWCL last season.

To be successful in the UWCL, requires teams demonstrate certain qualities that I've not yet seen in Frankfurt's general play. And it's why I still put Hoffenheim as a stronger 3rd place representative for this league...:coffee:

Losing Küver, and not replacing Nüsken, would also be more of an issue if they didn't already have so much defensive talent packed into their squad. But the mid-field and attack... yeah, they'll need to have massive upgrades if their going to qualify for the UWCL group stage ahead of experience teams like Juve...:cautious:

19. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Lol... Potsdam's reaction to seeing this heading their way for the second round of the cup
    [​IMG]

20. Weltmann

Weltmann Member

Sep 9, 2012
    This is going to be wild.

Lohmann repped this.
  21. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It will be played at Millerntor stadium.

Goals of first round

Batfink and Weltmann repped this.
  22. Weltmann

Weltmann Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Thanks for keeping us updated.:cool:

23. Weltmann

Weltmann Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Martina Müller still has it.;)

Lohmann repped this.
  24. Lohmann