Bundesliga 2022/23 - 27 EURO finalists play in the best league in Europe

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by Lohmann, Aug 1, 2022.

1. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Well... that lasted long lol....:ROFLMAO: 1-0 Barca 3 mins into the 2nd half.

2. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #777 Batfink, Nov 24, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2022
    2-0 Barca. Lohmann comes on for Kett out wide...:rolleyes:

EDIT: Magull is out wide...:confused:

3. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I guess it`s better to watch Brazil vs Serbia now.:(

4. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #779 Batfink, Nov 24, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2022
    3-0... now. This could end as a 5 or 6 2nd half defeat lol. Bayern's shape and passing have vanished.

5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Kumagai comes on now, to make it a 3 at back...:sick: 3rd choice behind GPV, she should honestly leave lol.

Well... lets see if it's 4, 5, or 6 goals now. Lohmann's a striker now too...:ROFLMAO:

6. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    FT: 3-0 to Barca....
    [​IMG]

Bayern were lucky Barca put their reserves into the match, otherwise it would have been much worse lol

7. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It's obvious to me that Bayern have regressed this season, but seeing their new coach persist with this goofy switching of formations, really isn't helping any of the long term players establish anything that could have helped them Vs Barca...:(

Having GPV be the player in your team with the most touches is pretty tragic lol, but it's amazing seeing how positive (Barca), or negative (Bayern), players can appear when their in a good/bad system...:whistling:

8. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    just watched an replay; BM kept its back line very deep in the 1st half which I felt help contribute not getting scored upon. But for reasons still unclear, the back line decided to move up a bit, giving Barca just enough space to work with & connecting with dangerous crosses to the middle. So why BM decided to go for the win when a tie was more approachable?
    But the front line of Schuller, Buhl & Kett just weren’t quick enough on that counters & they got outshot 13-2 in that first half

9. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]
    I haven't seen a heat map yet... but your saying Bayern lost because their bunker failed in the 2nd half, with them supposedly being far too offensive lol...:unsure:

Shots: 27 Barca, 5 Bayern.
    On target: 10 Barca, O Bayern.

I'm pretty convinced Bayern's best attempts to counter attack Barca, would also occur during the first half you feel them supposedly less reckless...:rolleyes:

10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LOL... it wasn't an issue with speed. They simply couldn't execute key passes, or produce intelligent off ball movement correctly.

Look at Barca's impressive off ball work effort. They are significantly more organized than Bayern, and could constantly use this to counter press Bayern with relative ease whenever the first stage of their high press evaded.

Seeing you trying to reduce this match to Bayern's players not being able to run quickly enough, isn't only wrong, but completely ignores the clear tactical advancement that Barca holds over many of their opponents right now.

11. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    @hotjam2 Wolfsburg, and then Lyon, would both find a way to beat Barca, by using a very aggressive high press, where positional discipline, quick transitions, and high energy work rate mandatory towards it's success.

This season Bayern have none of those factors established within their team (they had a few last season...:whistling:) to ever make this effective, and instead tried to deploy a low block, with intermittent moments of short periods of possession, that could potentially lead to counters.

And the one thing I know about Barca's women, is their superiority in being able to break down opponents trying to do this to them...:coffee:

12. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Also, I think Nüsken has to be Wolfsburg's #1 main target for next season; with Stroot doing everything possible this season to finally progress his team beyond ever having to regress back towards 1v1 kick and chase football...:cautious:

Integrating high tempo football, where the ball will move quickly alongside intelligent off ball movement, an absolute must right now for this Wolfsburg side.

I still believe Stroot posses the tools to win the UWCL this season, but his teams propensity to fall back into bad habits when things get tough, remains an old frustrating factor of previous Wolfsburg teams that seems to never want to leave...:confused:

13. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Potsdam - Hoffenheim 1:3(0:0)
    Deutsch(73) - Naschenweng(49), Memeti(64), Kössler(65)

Lechus7 and blissett repped this.
  14. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #789 hotjam2, Nov 26, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2022
    a few problems too; 1) a better GK then Groh might of bet
    able to save 2 of the goals. 2) not really liking Rall as FB, she wants to be an attacking player, but an FB’s role is also about getting back and protecting the flanks. In this she keeps failing miserably at. This time around she not only couldn’t stop Pina from scoring, but got completely outplayed by her opposite FB, Rolfo(whose two crosses contributed to the goals(
    I’m sure the just turned 18 year old Kett going to have a feast future, but this time she was way too inexperienced to go against the top club in the world. She even had to run back to defense when Rall was making her forays upfield & it looked like Barca sensed the weak BM’s transitioning defense on the right side…and that’s what they exploited in the 2nd half
    Please no more! Not after what Stroot’s done to Brand, Popp or Wassmuth & Wedermeyer(this season, which essentially turning them into bench players). You said yourself he don’t know what to do with Popp. Why do this with Nusken too? He’s apparently amour with Roord, Jansen & Wilms. He probably will try & get Pelova(Ajax) but loose out to an higher paying English club.

Nusken seems to be happy at CB(for club & country) apparently her feeling it’s only ticket to the national team

15. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I always feel like if Naschenweng could just learn how defend space better, she'd be very close to the elite FB's in women's football...:cautious:

But are Hoffenheim really going to have Hagel play in a CB all season...?

16. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    This is Fair... but still pretty harsh lol.

She's not as poor as your making her sound here lol; but she's also in a Bayern team featuring 2 of the best RB's in the world, meaning she's always going to appear inferior no matter what she does.

17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]
    So we're pretending a lot of this isn't simply due to Rolfo factually being a better player than Rall, also playing a more vital role within a much stronger Barca team lol.

Rolfo is LB who's basically a winger within Barca's system; as Barca still remain within a completely other league tactically compared to Bayern right now.

This even more frustrating, when you know Bayern had managed to produce performance data, that had them placed among the top 5 clubs in the ability to retain possession, and win the ball back.

But versus Barca this season, they wouldn't look close to a top 5 European club team. Their new coach reducing this Bayern team to looking like a side without any genuine identity...:unsure:

18. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yes, it's clear Kett will be a good player, but she still has A LOT to learn, and it was very obvious at times facing the most tactically demanding opponent in European women's football.

What makes me laugh about your assessment on Kett though, is seeing you punish Rall, when it probably should have been little Dallmann tasked with trying to help her FB deal with a significantly physically robust Rolfo running up and down the wing...:speechless:

19. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Stroot's given Brand more playing time than any other winger this season...:coffee:. Waßmuth is competing directly with Pajor, Huth, Popp, Bremer for match time, as Wedemeyer has Hegering, Wolter, Wilms in her way for a CB/RB role too. So what did you expect to see happen..?

Yes, Stroot is handling Popp and his squad poorly, but it's not close to being as poor as MVT who's got the choice of a large national pool, but struggled even more in managing a much deeper list of squad options this season.

Both coaches appearing to have a mental block on what to do when Oberdorf isn't playing. For the sake of saving own Nüsken's career, a move to Wolfsburg knowing Roord likely to leave, would only be great for club and the player.

It's pretty damn obvious where Wolfsburg needs to be looking for a new CM/DM...:whistling:
    -- Lattwein --- Nüsken --
    --------- Oberdorf ----------
    OR
    -- Lattwein --- Huth --
    --------- Nüsken ----------

20. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    And....? They've still all justified their places at this club, no..? I'm not a big fan of Wilms, can find Roord annoyingly selfish at times, and feel Jansen (in the past) a strong CB who just wouldn't stop being an error machine lol.

But looking at what Wolfsburg are right now with Hegering, Wolter, and various forward options all healthy, the trio you feel are Stroot's favorites will need to step up now, or likely be replaced.

21. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Is this the same kind of happy that Oberdorf was supposedly feeling while playing CB for club and country lol. Seriously, who says Nüsken is happy...:confused: All I've read is comments coming from MVT talking nonsense about her team making defensive mistakes, but never addressing who's making them, or why...:whistling:

The idea Nüsken only makes the WC squad as a mediocre CB, sounding like the exact same dumb logic previously used to create poor narratives around Lattwein, and Oberdorf, only being able to make the Euro's squad being bad CB's, all due to garbage beliefs Marozsan, Däbritz, Leupolz, the better CM options lol.

It's things like this, that has me remain constantly suspect about the way MVT would create her Euro's team...:cautious:

22. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Freiburg 2, Bremen 1 my girl Minge with an deuce!

23. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lechus7, hotjam2 and blissett repped this.
  24. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bremen's crowd is pretty impressive, too bad their only at 11th place. Here's the full game replay of Frankfurt vs Bayer Leverkusen

25. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I watched the Bremen Vs Freiburg match, and once again Minge didn't do very much, and still managed to score two goals lol.

Felde the DM constantly having the most interactions within Freiburg's mid-field, Kayikci making a lot of key passes frim mid-field too, while Minge only comes to life making well timed late forward runs beyond/in support of her teams main forward.

I knew I wasn't crazy trying describe the often lackluster elements of Minge's game, as her style of play not a style that's going to register very high compared to the leagues other strong CAM's/CM's.