Bundesliga 2021/22- 22 women chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end a German team wins

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by Lohmann, Jul 1, 2021.

1. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    looks like Bayer Leverkusen got an friendly lined up in Mexico in less than an couple of weeks from now. And of all places in the over 100K Azteca Stadium Wonder how many will show up for this game?
    FWguHW-XkAILzsU.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    more bad news for Potsdam; the Holmgard twins are "eyeing" to play in England/Platner out with an fractured shoulder, Austria will definitely miss for Euros, as she scored twice for them in their warm up games

2. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The schedule for the new season is out (1. Bundesliga starts 16th September, 2.Bundesliga 27th August so I think we have enough time to wait until Germany has won the Euro to start the new thread:unsure::cautious:).

The opening game will be played between Frankfurt and Bayern in the men`s stadium so we have the chance for a new record (Wolfsburg vs Frankfurt 12464 in 2014).

You can find the schedules here:
    https://www.dfb.de/flyeralarm-frauen-bundesliga/saisonplan/?no_cache=1
    https://www.dfb.de/2-frauen-bundesliga/saisonplan/?no_cache=1

blissett repped this.
  3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ehi, you want to start the new thread in 2025? :eek:

:p

Lohmann repped this.
  4. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You are an optimist. Batfink will not expect the new thread to start so early.:cautious:

blissett repped this.
  5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]
    No... no... no.. no... I want Germany to win EVERY tournament they take part in. With there being absolutely no difference in my genuine desire for Germany to win these Euro's too.

However, I have no issue calling out the DFB, or the leadership of the wnt, for allowing it's once perennial top 2 FIFA rank stature team, to fall into such a poor condition; and condition so poor, the team merely viewed as a complete outside bet to win anything among the senior level anymore...:speechless:

6. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The amount of waste I see with the wnt program honestly so appalling, it forces pessimism from me lol, basically understanding now, these Euro's just another distraction in the backdrop of the election process for various members of the DFB leadership.

Yes, I want them to win... but I know it doesn't lead to the DFB establishing genuinely positive changes, as they intend to live with the numerous bad decisions, but like any entrenched bureaucratic system, are now more than happy to go down with the ship before anything else allowed to try amend them.

7. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #2182 Batfink, Jul 5, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
    I know it's the wrong thread... but to finish: The introduction of Hendrich - Hegering as the CB's, allowing Oberdorf - Lattwein to move back into their CM roles, is a pretty major development for MVT. As she's clearly incapable of actually grasping the strengths and weakness of her best players, most of this tournament's potential success or failure, will likely fall on the randomness of MVT accidently stumbling into a team that works.

The steady decline in coaching quality we've seen from the end of Neid, to Jones, and now MVT, (yikes...:speechless:) it's hard to argue how Germany finding any success in England, won't be in complete opposition to the suspect quality of it's touchline leadership...:cautious:

But with the talent available, I don't think it's crazy to believe MVT trips over and finds key players that seem to allow her team to function better despite her system lol.

8. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Instead of reigniting her career as a CB at a new club, Pia-Sophie Wolter extends her contract with Wolfsburg until 2024...
    [​IMG]

9. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I watched the England/Austria game, got to ask; is this tournament, reduced to just 3 subs again?(as both squads only used 3 subs)
    I’m very surprised at the lackluster approach used by Wiegman, especially since it’s opening day with the whole watching(nix that, as apparently zero interest in American woso message boards, lol).
    At times, Wiegman allowed the Austrians to control the match, as seemed like Wiegman wanted to lure them out of their defensive mind set, but still, you would of thought England would of wanted to take more command & make more of an statement(USA their NOT!, lol),
    So is Wiegman still holding out her best hand? Personally I think Williamson should be turned into an box to box mid(which she commanded excellently in the Dutch friendly) instead of an CB(where she nearly gave an penalty away & had an hard time cleaning). But they did win, 1-0 on an goal they somehow slipped through vs an otherwise Austria’s tight defense. Stanway didn’t impress me, taking several weak, selfish shots(don’t think that will fly at BM). Hemp surprisingly had an tough time trying to get past Wienrother(she plasted past the German defense at the Arnold Cup)showing once again the importance of having an strong defensive FB than an attacking one.

Austria; Wenninger had a strong defensive game(wondering why BM was wasn’t startling her instead of those twin defensive horror shows, Viggo & Kumagai). Zadrazil played well her AM role, as well as Puntigam at DM(though England should of been more alert to her predictable passing lanes). Dunst might of been their poy with some nifty dribbling to get the ball upfield & their newbie Hirshburger, been a nice surprise.
    Austria’s weakest spot; yep, the redoubtable Billa at lone striker as several times her team mates set her up with quality passes into the middle, only to find out that Billa with her turtle like speed was nowhere to be found! Shame, cuz if only their was an Wassmuth or Freigang in there instead, they’ve could of scored one or two goals and possibly won this game!

10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    "Teams will be allowed to use a maximum of five substitutes, with a sixth allowed exclusively during extra time"... this is what I found.

[​IMG]
    American's can't be bothered to watch various over hyped Euro opponents, they'll be beating at the next WWC lol.

11. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #2186 Batfink, Jul 7, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2022
    LOL... yeah, she'll be coming to Germany's league trying to play ahead of Magull, Lohmann, Zadrazil. I think English fans who expect to see her to walk into Bayern's 1st 11, are going to receive a major disappointment lol.

[​IMG]
    With a bigger point about this though, knowing Wienroither shut down Hemp, and isn't even a particularly defensive minded FB lol.

12. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hey... slow down buddy...:cautious: Removing your bias against technical players, Kumagai is still 100% an elite CB. It's not her fault persistent injury to Hegering, and Wenninger, meant she was tasked with playing next to a ludicrously mediocre GPV last season.

Next season though, Bayern appear to have 2 better options than GPV (Tainara, and Bragstad) to partner Kumagai.

13. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If Zadrazil is one of your teams main points of offense, your honestly in trouble trying to score goals lol. A player who excels at being very dynamic wining the ball in her teams own half, her forward passing (creativity) in the oppositions half not really to a level you'd consider conducive to running a dangerous attack...:unsure:

But playing in a new offensive role within Frankfurt's mid-field 3 last season, Dunst was one of the most improved players in the league. Making me question why Austria didn't seek to deploy her a similar role too..?

14. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Wow... someone already forgot what Germany looked like facing England a few month prior lol....
    [​IMG]
    Billa didn't even play well for Hoffenheim, and still scored as many goals as both those players last season lol. So I'm willing to bet it's actually about getting good service to the forward, that's at the heart of Austria's underwhelming attack.

See... in games her team won't have the ball a lot, and require a quick transitional countering approach, Billa tends to be really ineffective. But get the ball into the box through positive wide play, or pin an opponent back into their final third of the field, and Billa comes to life.

Honestly... without the aerial ability, or pure speed of the Bundesliga's current #1 forward, Billa not too dissimilar to Schüller. This in the fact both forwards don't create goals for themselves, and are heavily dependent on service into the box.

15. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Batfink repped this.
  16. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #2191 hotjam2, Jul 7, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2022
    Interesting new signing for Bayer Leverkusen; 21 year old Ivana Fuso. She originally played for some of Germany’s youth NT’s. But then switched & got capped by Brazil’s senior squad. However she hasn’t been viable at her previous Man U club with only 73 minutes in 7 games!

Billa scored 6 of her 12 goals of the season against Jena, so gather the weaker the competition, the better Billa looks!

Frankfurt’s trio of Dunst Feirisinger & Hanshaw had above average games, you got wonder if they only had the rest of Frankfurt’s squad
    Instead, to back them up, they might of win this(guess kinda of shows that club soccer can be stronger than NT soccer.

17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The least you could do is use actual facts to try and slander players lol... Billa scoring 21 league goals in 2020/21, going on to have a poor season in 2021/22, where she still matched the goal return of players your suggesting superior candidates for Austria...:confused:

I'm shocked Billa chose to stay an extra season with Hoffenheim, but I feel it makes their top 3 hopes a lot stronger with her being part of their squad. And even with her clear limitations, Austria would still be considered weaker without her.

Club soccer is 100% stronger lol... and for very obvious reasons too. It's simply become the place to see the highest standard of women's football now, with the increasing professionalism of the clubs likely to push the gap between both levels even wider in coming years.

18. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The Potsdam Exedus continues, with Gina Chmielinski joining FC Rosengard in Sweden, and Dina Orschmann joining Glasgow Rangers FC in Scotland...o_O

Seriously, with the obvious financial issues, and increasingly inferior professional structure, the board at Potsdam needs to remove their own pride, and do whats best now.. merge with Hertha Berlin.

If the DFB kept their word on advancing professionalism by pushing more investment from male clubs into creating women's teams, I feel like this wouldn't have even been an option for Potsdam anymore...:oops:

19. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I watched yesterday’s matchup between powerhouses Sweden & Netherlands, and in a word…..shocked, there barely was any wing play! You could of taken off from the field 5-10 meters of width, and I doubt it would of bothered the way both teams played so straight up through the center. Even top wingers like Rolfo & Martens kept turning inwards instead of the outer flanks(I similarly complained about this in last week’s Danish/Norway.
    Haven’t seen the French yet, but if they also not interested in using the full field, and then considering how the new & improved Germany played vs Denmark & Switzerland with so many variety of attacking options, willing to open up the space in front of them & add such a strong bench that feels even better than the starting lineup, I can see Germany winning the championship.
    I just hope that MVT keeps the up tempo going & don’t switch to completely different tactics or the previous slow down she’s prone to in the past

20. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Lol... France have Cascarino, Diani, and Baltimore. Yeah, I think they have wingers...:rolleyes: But looking at the various Euro wnt's with strong wingers, I think many have taken steps to adapt to various weaker opponents being able to shut down wide play more effectively now; the need to add more adaptive attacking styles to break through opposing defenses, becoming a genuine reality of the women's game.

I mean, the idea of shutting down England's width to neuter their attack, accomplished by an Austrian team not even blessed with the most star laden squad. I think your just witnessing a trend of the club scene, showing early signs of it's emergence into the international game.

21. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It's odd knowing Waßmuth is going to be a bench player, having just finished a season she ends up being one of Europe's best forwards...:confused:; but I think this speaks to the depth of MVT's squad, and the genuine underachievement we've witnessed from the these players in a wnt jersey.

Honestly... If Germany continue to perform, do you think Waßmuth gets to play...? I think she's 4th choice for a central strikers role, and 4th choice in wide players too...o_O

22. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The reality of facing Spain (the toughest tactical opponent Germany can/will face), dictates Germany adjust their style to deal with an opponent who'll not only seek to dominate the ball, but also pass through any opponents using a high press.

Adjusting tactics, while not losing the teams identity is key here... as MVT needs to respect her opponent, but also retain/build on the cohesive high energy approach, that allowed her players to remain aggressive in attack and defense against the Swiss/Danes.

I'm repeating this again... if MVT has found an Eldritch God to remove the curse on Germany's wnt, and we see a repeat strong team based performance from these players where they beat Spain, then this side will be a LEGIT concern for any team they face moving forward....:cautious:

23. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #2198 Batfink, Jul 10, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2022

Some interesting stats on the first match.... Gwinn, and Rauch, ran the most against Denmark, with Hegering 3rd in distance covered...o_O

No surprises in wide play though, with Huth producing the majority of crosses. Rauch being second on 5, does speak to her general effectiveness in this game though.

Hendrich would be the most successful in duels, forming a strong central trio with Hegering, and Oberdorf. But shockingly... even if I personally thought she didn't play that well, it's Dabritz sitting #1 in assists not leading to a goal...:confused:

24. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So Gwinn worked really hard, but wasn't very efficient going forward. Hegering seems to be very aggressive in her CB role, with her stats alongside Hendrich, and Oberdorf, showing how effective Germany were defensively, during an opening match many felt their opponent poor...:whistling:

But the big thing I notice here is Däbritz's influence might have gone unnoticed by many people like myself...:unsure: As even if I feel Lattwein, or Lohmann, the superior CM option for this side, Däbritz was still far more effective in her CM role than I initially believed.

25. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bayern will have an crack at Barca in the upcoming Amos Cup in August. Personally think players on both sides really wish they could have an vacation after Eruos to bother playing at their best for this, lol
    292611782_2949346028696462_7911181809006591166_n.jpg