Bundesliga 2021/22- 22 women chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end a German team wins

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by Lohmann, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I also see German international Anna Gasper has re-started her football career with FK Austria Wien.

I don't know what happened to her, but a few years ago she was one of the best young players in the league while playing for Potsdam, then suddenly disappeared for reasons not explained...:unsure:

Austriawien73 repped this.
  2. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Still waiting for Cerci's decision on her future.... but there's no way Senß, or Steuerwald, should still be playing for Essen or Freiburg next season.

3. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    #2053 Lechus7, May 21, 2022
    Last edited: May 21, 2022
    Minami Moeka (Urawa Reds) - transfers to Europe.
    age 23, 172cm/62kg
    Japan WNT (24 caps , 1 goal)
    U20 WWC 2018 Champion and tournament bronze ball winner.
    19 caps with 2 goals scored this season for league runners-up Urawa.

Question.
    Which BL club could be intresteded in top tier CB at the moment?
    Bayern?:sneaky:
    Eintracht?:unsure:

blissett repped this.
  4. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #2054 Batfink, May 21, 2022
    Last edited: May 21, 2022
    Right idea... but probably the wrong clubs...:cautious:

I don't know why Germany has become such a no go zone for Japanese talent, but if someone like Moeka was genuinely considering a German club, I feel Hoffenheim would be the perfect team for her right now.

As not only would Moeka get more game time within an exciting squad in desperate need of more international quality CB experience; but it would be for a team who's style of quick progressive short passing, a better fit her style of defending too...:coffee:

Lechus7 repped this.
  5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    @Lechus7 if I'm looking at a particular Japanese talent who would have been absolutely perfect for a top 3 German side like Frankfurt next season, it would have surely been Hina Sugita...:ninja:

Clearly too late now, with Sugita playing in the US.... but her age/maturity, combined with international experience, would have seen Sugita's style ready made for an emerging team like Frankfurt.

Lechus7 and blissett repped this.
  6. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Great idea by DFB to start the men`s DFB Cup final one hour after the Women`s Champions League final. Imagine Wolfsburg or Bayern had reached the Champions League final:thumbsdown::mad:.

7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    They could have sent their youth team in Turin! :laugh:

8. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    :confused: Why should they have sent their youth team because the men`s final is at the same time? It`s a problem because football fans like me have to decide if they watch the second half of Barcelona vs OL or the first half of RB Leipzig vs Freiburg.

9. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Oh, ok. I never think about men's football, so I totally misunderstood your post! :x3:

10. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The women`s DFB-Pokal final is next Saturday.

blissett repped this.
  11. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LOL... this is the same DFB who thinks it's advantageous towards future growth/visibility of women's football, having the their senior wnt start their matches at 4PM on a weekday...:confused:

Yeah... the DFB's been nothing but a joke for years when it comes to understanding simple concepts like the match schedule issues your talking about.

Lohmann repped this.
  12. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    blissett repped this.
  13. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Nice, I remember the times when they even won a Champions' League.

Also, in 2012 I met some German fans in Algarve who were wearing Duisburg's jerseys and they were surprised that an Italian knew that Kozue Ando was playing for their club. :)

Lohmann repped this.
  14. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    In 2012 it was still FCR Duisburg so I guess it was this jersey
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kozue_Ando#/media/File:Kozue_Andō_2011_3.jpg

15. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yes it was. Those German fans were very pleasant and kind. It was a shame I couldn't remain in Faro for the final of that Algarve Cup between Germany and Japan, but I had some work commitment in Italy, so, after watching Japan beat USA, I had to come back to Italy and I just watched the final in streaming (I still think Japan would have deserved to win that one! :ninja:).

16. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    SV Meppen promoted!

2.Liga
    Bocholt - Frankfurt II 2:8
    Elversberg - Bayern II 1:2
    Nürnberg - Wolfsburg II 3:3
    Henstedt-Ulzburg - Duisburg 1:3
    Leipzig - Gütersloh 6:1
    Andernach - Meppen 1:3
    Ingolstadt - Hoffenheim II 2:1

Meppen and Duisburg promoted. Relegated are Bocholt and Henstedt-Ulzburg. Elversberg should be the third relegated team (3 points and 16 goals behind Hoffenheim II). The promotion for 2.Liga will be decided in play-offs. Hamburger SV, 1.FC Köln II and 1.FC Saarbrücken are already qualified for the play-offs.

I wanted to give you a rep until I read the last sentence!:p

17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    You can rep me, since you explicitly stated that you don't support that specific sentence.

I stand by it. :ninja::p

Lohmann repped this.
  18. Austriawien73

Austriawien73 New Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    May 3, 2022
    Anna Gasper found the pressure of professional sport too great. She moved to Vienna and played 2 seasons in the 2nd league in Austria. Now she wants to try something higher.

Batfink repped this.
  19. Austriawien73

Austriawien73 New Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    May 3, 2022
    Elisa Senß moves from Essen to Leverkusen.Contract until 2025.
    Could be a good fit.

20. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I was never 100% sure about this, and didn't want to post needless speculation on something that could have been far more serious than I understood.

But knowing she was a player on the cusp of regular senior wnt football, on the back of excellent form for Potsdam, I always found it strange seeing her exit the game so young without any explanation behind the scenario that lead to her decision....:unsure:

So this clearly isn't an issue of talent, or earning potential, as Gasper was pretty excellent prior to her self imposed exile. And with this form she could have found some nice financial opportunities offered to her if she simply remained in the game a little longer. (She was better than Rauch, and now look at Rauch)

So reading this, sounds like she's testing her mental drive to see if she even wants to push herself anymore...:cautious:

21. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    A very underrated player, I'm surprised a team like Frankfurt didn't grab her, knowing their coming season will include a WUCL qualification run, and the high chance domestic rivals continued improvement too.

6th place Freiburg (another club with underrated talent) managed to finish the season 10 POINTS ahead of Leverkusen lol. Highlighting how this probably a stepping stone move for Senß, rather than being a final destination...:cautious:

22. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The length of Cerci's injury might have halted various clubs desire to try and get her for the coming season. So with Senß moving to Leverkusen, next on my list of must happen transfers.... is now Steuerwald...:coffee:

23. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hartig extends her contract to 2024, making sure Hoffenheim have a very strong mid-field next season, featuring 4 German senior internationals, two of those capable of scoring 10+ goals from AM roles.
    Memeti ------------------ Billa ----------------------- Kössler
    ----------------- Hagel ------------ Corley ---------------------
    --------------------------- Dongus -------------------------------

Frankfurt managed to get 3rd place this season... but they'll really need to see even more improvement if they hope to remain in the WUCL places...:cautious:

24. Austriawien73

Austriawien73 New Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    May 3, 2022
    Bayern bring Emelyne Lauren from Lyon, so with Stanway and Lauren an improvement over Asseyi and Beerensteyn.

25. Austriawien73

Austriawien73 New Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    May 3, 2022