Bundesliga 2021/22- 22 women chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end a German team wins

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by Lohmann, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Girls and women born in 2005 or older which live in a radius of 35km from Dortmund could send a video where they had to recreate exercises from a demo video. Borussia Dortmund invited 50 of them to show their skills in two training sessions and 23 players were chosen for the team.

Klingo3034 repped this.
  2. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    now I remember the missing Dutch player joining the team—-it’s Smits, last year’s Eredivision’s leading goal scorer. But she would probably be Pajor’s sub at central striker unless WOB decides to double fwds
    Freigang was the leading scorer for the league half way through last season until the coach decided to switch to turn her into an #10 with only occasionally move up to support Prasnikar as double strikers.
    Nuskins never seems to be as dominating for EF as she’s been with MVT in those AUS/NOR & that’s with the capable Pallowek by her side as double DM’s. Dunno what the problem is for EF, sometimes feel Dunst & Feirsinger hold on to the ball way too much to become an quick or effective counter attacking team even though that’s what they aspire to be.
    Seems like this new season their trying to make Martinez the new offensive spark plug, but that means Freigang will probably play even further behind. That be a shame since she along with Schuller are MVT’s chosen few to be at central striker for the NT.

3. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Billa(#16) did play in the 1st half vs Bordeaux , then along with Brand, Dongus, Feldkamp & Kumbiegel were taken off before the start of the 2nd half. Stopped watching around the 60th minute mark as the only excitement left was if/when never ending passes to the GK would get picked off by the French. This was the lineup in the first half

………………..#6?
    …………..Billa……..Hartig?
    ………………..Corley
    Brand…,.Dongus…Krumbiegel
    Feldkamp.,,Sprecht….Wienthrofer
    ………………..Tufekovic

4. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah... your correct. Billa started the match Vs Bordeaux, and was substituted at half time for Leimenstoll, but then randomly allowed to re-enter the match at 65' for De Caigny.

However looking at the way their coach is constantly rotating his sides formation, I feel like my initial point still stands. Hoffenheim haven't really used these pre season matches to try and continue the progression shown last season.

Options like De Caigny, Krumbiegel, and others, are getting playing time now, but aren't replacements, or improvements, on what they just lost from their team. And yet besides the returning Linder replacing Rall in defense, you've still not seen Feldkamp, or Corely, doing what they were meant to do, which is replacing the void left by Lattwein, and Waßmuth in CM and wide roles.

Corley/Waßmuth ----- Billa ------------------- Brand
    ------------------- Hartig ---------- Feldkamp/Lattwein ---------
    ----------------------------- Dongus ------------------------
    Naschenweng --- Specht --------- Bühler --- Linder/Rall

5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Sure they used a back 3 Vs. Bordeaux..:cautious:, and made A LOT of unnecessary substitutions....
    ----------- De Caigny ------------ Billa ---------------
    Brand
    --- Corley - Dongus - Hartig --- Krumbiegel
    ------ Feldkamp --- Specht --- Wienroither -------
    ---------------------- Tufekovic -------------------------

This is a lot of over complication for what should have been a a few minor changes to the team everyone saw last season.

6. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Does anybody honestly believe Smits capable of scoring 20+ goals in this league...:unsure:. I don't even think she'll play very much, if it means being better than Pajor to start for Wolfsburg.

And as much as you don't like to acknowledge this, or simply don't want to understand it, tactics do matter in this game. A flat 4-4-2 with Smits - Pajor as his front two, will tactically expose Wolfsburg to a point they become completely dependent on their forwards scoring 3 or more goals to survive encounters versus decent opposition.

I don't see how this Wolfsburg side can sit deep and counter effectively enough to make a 4-4-2 work. And honestly, I'd expect Wolfsburg to be able to construct a better side than that anyway.

7. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LOL... first time I've heard that excuse. Pretty sure she just repeated the same process that she usually does, and simply ran out of momentum...:cautious:.

I never saw Prašnikar playing ahead of Freigang, combined with the obvious fact Prašnikar accomplished 5 goals and 5 assists, compared to Freigang's 16 goals, and 3 assists, speaking directly to that point too.

Remember... Prašnikar produced 15 goals, and 5 assists, in her final season as the main forward at Potsdam... so I feel like your ignoring the support role she must have played for Freigang last season...:whistling:

8. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nüsken had a pretty good season considering the box to box CM role she has for Frankfurt, and also managed to stand out during a tough cup final as one of the matches best players too.

But when I look at Frankfurt, beyond some young individual talent, I don't see the various factors that makes you believe them better than the 6/7th place finish in the league last season...:unsure:

9. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #109 hotjam2, Aug 11, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
    Prasnikar was recovering from an injury at the beginning of last season; missed the first 2 games, then was just an sub for the next 7. So this was a great goal scoring period for Freigang, but things might of changed dramatically when Prasnikar became starter(this is when Freigang’s goal tally began to fall)

Frankfurt can boast 4 German NT’s(Frohms, Nuskins, Kleineheme, Freigang) all who are in current huge favor with MVT. 4 starting Austrian NT’s(maybe overrated but still made it all the way to the last Euro semis). 2 Swiss NT’s, 1 Brazilian Olympian, 1 top youth player(Martinez) 1 top youth prospect(Kuver)

compare that to Potsdam with zero NT’s? Last year’s pre-season predictions, most had EF battling HOF for 3rd place. We got to hope that this time EF significantly improves its standings. If it don’t, we all know what’s going to happen; MVT will probably waist the year uploading several Potsdam players unto the NT into her own mold, (none will get to play best according to their abilities, lol)

10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I think you might have missed the part where I highlighted how Prašnikar produced 15 goals, and 5 assists, in her final season as the main forward at Potsdam...:unsure:. In my mind making it more rational for you to be accusing Freigang of negatively effecting Prašnikar, not the other way around lol.

2018/19: 20 matches saw Freigang produce 10 goals 5 assists for 5th place Frankfurt, while in 22 matches Prašnikar managed 10 goals 3 assists for 3rd placed Potsdam. 2019/20: 22 matches saw Freigang produce 16 goals 3 assists for 6th place Frankfurt, while her 16 matches saw Prašnikar end up with 15 goals 5 assists for 3rd placed Potsdam.

So.... the idea Prašnikar the main cause of Freigang's inability to score more goals for Frankfurt last season, seems pretty ridiculous.

11. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Are we really using the national teams AWFUL player analysis to justify peoples poor predictions for various teams domestic seasons...:unsure:

Frohms is 2nd choice to Schult. Kleinherne is still only 21, and barley played a full 90 minutes as a CB for the national team. Freigang is 2nd/3rd choice striker for the wnt. Nüsken's just managed to establish herself in Frankfurt's 1st team.

Then not performing consistently, you believe Frankfurt's squad somehow superior than their league position suggests...:cautious: ignoring how they didn't finish higher than 6th, and STILL found 4 of their domestic players in the national team lol.

How about someone ask Wolter - Wedemeyer - Simon - Bremer, all playing for stronger teams, if that sounds reasonable lol.

12. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Who predicted Frankfurt finishing higher than Hoffenheim last season...:confused: And how do you look at Potsdam's team last season, and actively decide to dismiss the quality of their play, all because MVT's fraudulent wnt selection process doesn't select players from this particular club anymore...?
    --------------------- Cerci ------------------------
    Ehegötz ----- Chmielinski ---- Orschmann
    ------------- Barth ------ K.Holmgaard --------
    S.Holmgaard -- Agrež -- Elsig -- Weidauer

Besides Elisg, I can only think Orshmann as a wide attacker having any credible claim to be ahead of someone like Krumbiegel: and then I think Wamser, or Chiara Loos, could easily claim to have stronger cases for the position ahead of Krumbiegel too.

However... you could argue with Kössler starting in the attack alongside Cerci, and a healthy Gerhardt returning to a LB position, maybe this the season things change regarding Potsdam's wnt absence; but honestly, I don't see this happening without a Cerci, Orschmann, Gerhardt, Kössler, being absolutely amazing.

13. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  14. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    that's sad as she now will miss the Champion's League & probably luck out making the NT for the Euro's. Hopefully she can get back in 9 months as it seems lately it's taken a lot more than average to recover

15. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    HOF back in action vs Bayer Leverkusen live in a few. Hopedfully thistime their PK wouldn't be the one with the most touches(thanks to the endless back passing, lol)

Klingo3034 and Lohmann repped this.
  16. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Think she’s one of the main forwards in the NT.

17. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Krumbiegel was high on MVT’s list of over a dozen newbies that debuted on the NT in the last year.
    Very rugged, fast down the line, but at age 20, still very raw instead of the more technical finesse of some of the other newbies. So pretty much a work-in-progress but in line with the successful Swedish squad that started a couple of rugged newbies over more experienced/familiar names

Klingo3034 repped this.
  18. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Would have liked to see her try and validate her position as a senior wnt player this season, so this is disappointing news.

19. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I think you meant GK, and yes... their coaches weird change to a back 3 hasn't resulted in anything good for Hoffenheim's attacking players...:thumbsdown:

I haven't seen the entire match, but from the little I have watched, it appears to me like their coach is needlessly forcing the new players into a system they can all feature: which is why they've changed from 4-3-3, to 3-5-2.

This to force De Caigny - Billa to play together up front while looking horrible, as Corely doesn't touch the ball centrally, all because the 3 defenders at the back won't help the confused mid-field and pass the ball forward.

I don't understand why their coach is making it so needlessly difficult...:confused:. Why not just leave De Caigny on the bench, place Corley out wide, and use Feldkamp in a CM role. This team could easily return to it's original attacking 4-3-3 platform and maintain future success.

20. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    All you do is dismiss the obvious quality of an equally young Bühl, but always ignore the more blatant flaws in Krumbiegel's game...:confused:

Now your suggesting she's "Very rugged, fast down the Line"....:unsure:; but where, or when, has she ever done anything to showcase she's both robust, and quick enough, to regularly get past defenders effectively..?

I wanted her to show something good at club level to at least validate her senior recognition this season. But as of now, her first touch remains poor... really bad. Her passing (short/long) is inconsistent. Decision making putting a grimace on the faces of her coaches. And all of this for a supposed senior WNT player, who last season couldn't even start for their club side.

Compared to Brand, Bühl, Waßmuth, Anyomi, or a Wamser, this really isn't what a young work in progress is meant to look like. Not for a wnt program with the access to the types of player analysis the DFB can provide it's female coaches.

21. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    @hotjam2 And last time I checked, didn't Sweden feature a front three of a 25yo Blackstenius, 30yo Jakobsson, 27yo Rolfö, to spearhead an Olympic team who's average age highlighted absolutely nothing about supposed "rugged newbies"...:coffee:

Germany's mess of a team is NOWHERE near as developed, or organized, as a far more mature Sweden. The German wnt coaches having access to more than enough talent, still not coming close to constructing a strong team unit. featuring a minimum of the nations top 14 players.

Sweden's coaches had a poor WC, identified it's faults, noticed attributes they could still progress further, and used highly effective player analysis to develop their nations best 14 players towards future success... and all this while Germany's leadership played games of bureaucracy behind the scenes lol.

Sweden constructed a new look side from strong individuals playing all over Europe, highlighting how ridiculous it is seeing the waste of resources that is the Bundesliga. A league where you can't be selected for the national team, in the same role you can excel within at club level...:confused:

22. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #122 hotjam2, Aug 12, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
    with obviously both senior & youth coaches icking her, I wouldn't of been the only one that's seen the tremendous potential she's got, perhaps best examplified in this highlight vid vs Greece from last year. Notice with that speed of her's, she was the only one to continues get open & behind Greek lines? So obviously we hope she can show this against an vastly superior opponent but even in this match an quality player like Dabritz fumbles embarrassingly her chances, lol

AGREED but Sweden came with perks; the fastest known player in world in Jakobsson,along with her as well, two speedy comrades upfront. This enabled them to play quick up tempo game, than slow things down)pace themselves effectively) to near bunkering & counter when available. Of course all done in very team like unison
    The newbie starters selected over more experienced that I previous mentioned were Bjorn & Abegehel(or at least I've never seen them before)/Ilestead was turned into an CB

23. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    just don't get the HOF coach; he's trying a host of new players perhaps in new positions, but their all waiting for something to happen while the back line & GK passing endlessly to each other(that's all they do between the 41-44th minute.With the half ending, the BL players don't even bother to disrupt it.Was the coach trying to coax BL out of an defensive zone or just playing keep away? Yeah, with an 3 back your usually taking away one less from the midfield. But I do like Corley as an AM trying to slash through defenders ala BM's Dallmann/Magull/Lohmann. HOF with their deep bench got plenty of thrifty other wingers to work. So Corley did get an quick PK called on her first drive, but like all the mid/front players, just need to see the ball more often.

BL didn't use the newly aquired Polak & Siems(both FB's) but defense is usually their prvious strength. Theey used to have an nifty winger named Uebach, but gave her(and don't know where she went too)

Lohmann@ can you check if BL's Kristin Kogel raises the bar(or in this case lowers) as the shortest Bundesliga's ever!

24. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LOL... she's not even the best prospect within her own U-19/20 generation. Yeah, she managed to show some clear signs of genuine potential during the 2019 European Championships, but to try and suggest she's developed enough during that time to be currently considered better than Wamser, Kössler, Corley, Cerci, Chmielinski, Anyomi, Martinez... no.. I don't see how that's right.

Fact remains, she was not only replaced in her club team by an even younger, and it must be stated superior talent in Jule Brand. This an individual who's general play so bad, even MVT admitted needing to guide her through wnt matches.

Seriously... do you not see how this player is currently unfit for senior international football..? And can't you see this being a sign of the poor player analysis that continues to hold back the German wnt program...?

25. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LOL... is this how low the bar has been set when it comes to assessing the talent within the German wnt... wow. Your using highlights of a match Vs. a 60 something FIFA ranked Greece, to try and justify overlooking all of the poor play on show from MVT's supposed vision for the future....:speechless:

I actually remember this game being pretty low quality for everyone involved, but you've decided to try and use this match to uplift Krumbiegel, by focusing on the random inability of a more senior player like Däbritz (still being used in the wrong position), to finish her various chances lol.

Do you realize how ridiculous it is to try and elevate Krumbeigal, by ridiculing a player like Däbritz...? This is what Däbritz looked like as a wide attacker aged 21... do we notice the difference yet.. :coffee: