Bundesliga 2021/22- 22 women chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end a German team wins

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by Lohmann, Jul 1, 2021.

1. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bayern Munich will take on Lyon in an friendly today, but so far the only one streaming is the expensive BeIn network,
    Wolfsburg takes in Italian champ, Juvuntus but no streaming as well
    …………………

Batfink@ been watching HOF/FRA in bits n pieces. While I love some of HOF’s players, I can’t stand the coach(2019-20 coach was way better). The way they gave up that goal so silly was sharp reminders of what kept happening last season. Why does the coach keep wanting the ball to be high kicked back to the GK all the way from midfield, just makes it so ripe to be pickpocket by roving fwds. Meantime the upfront players like Brand keep waiting for passes that never come

Klingo3034 repped this.
  2. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    @hotjam2 Thankyou for the information on the Lyon Vs.Bayern friendly match... but I've been able to find streams for BeIN Sports outside of Europe; so I think you should be able to find a stream to watch this pretty easy...:cautious:

3. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Their previous coach had been developing his side for a very long time, so it's slightly unfair judge their current coach so harshly, given rather impressive 2nd half of last season.

I doubt their coach is too enthusiastic about seeing his defense give away easy chances to the opposition, all due to highly avoidable individual errors lol; but these are the kinds of tactics that NEED to be developed more by his team, and probably even more among the games top female sides.

See... the need for evading the oppositions high press has become an essential part of the modern game... no? As the top female sides have used mere athleticism, and high energy, to force errors out of various opposition who should all be able to showcase the kinds of technical proficiency, to do more than constantly return the ball straight back to their opponents.

Elite female sides resorting to unnecessary/rushed sloppy passes forward, in the hopes of not having to deal with the process of advancing the ball through mid-field... just doesn't seem to be a smart move for side hoping to reach the summit of the game.

So Hoffenheim will still likely go long when necessary next season, but when your main attribute isn't pure speed, they know they're about to go into next season playing tougher games in Europe, with greater expectations domestically; meaning the need to retain and control the tempo of matches a growing necessity for them too.

4. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I've been watching the friendly match between Lyon and Bayern, and it's 0-2 to Bayern, thanks to 2 goals from Schüller.

Lyon have created 2 clear chances through Bayern's defensive errors.. but it's a worthy lead for Bayern so far, in a match they also appear to be finally using a changed 4-3-3.

5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    1st half team....
    Asseyi -------------- Schüller ------------------ Bühl
    --------- Dallmann ------------ Vilhjálmsdóttir -----
    ------------------------ Zadrazil ------------------------
    Simon ----- Hegering ----- Wenninger ----- Rall
    ------------------------- Leitzig --------------------------

Rall needs to really work on her upper body strength for 1v1 defending, but it's clear she's meant to be the second choice behind Glas this season. I'm still not convinced with Vilhjálmsdóttir, but she's young, and still got time to develop. And I didn't know Bayern had also recruited Hoffenheim's impressive junior wnt GK for the new season.

6. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Final score Lyon:2 - Bayern:4

An overall...adequate intensity for a friendly game of football. Rall scores 2 second half goals to see Bayern up 0-4, before a few substitutions take place, and then Bayern somehow manage concede 2 within a match they never really looked like losing control.

Simon looked like her previous self again, with Zadrazil maintaining the form showcased last season too. But I still don't understand why Bayern signed Vilhjálmsdóttir, and want to see if Kumagai's presence can finally help the teams efficiency moving the ball into the mid-field quicker.

I also hope the 4-3-3 on display Vs Lyon is here to stay, as I feel like 4-2-3-1 hurt them towards the end of last season, where Magull started to fall deeper, and deeper, as her team started nearing the seasons finishing line.

blissett repped this.
  7. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    here's Wolfsburg's highlights vs PSV Eindhoven, Wolter comes on strong towards the end but WOB could use some work defending corner kicks!

here's highlights of Bayern's Munich's win over Lyon(going to wait & see if an full game replay shows up before watching)

looks like all the French teams are slow starters; PSG looses to AC Roma, Monpelier 1-2 to Juvuntus, but at least JoJo got to score the one goal for club!

guess it;s called the Amos Cup, but BM will meet Roma in the finals

8. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    here s the full game. Keep in mind Lyon only had to two regular starters(Henry & Majri) added just one more(Renard)

9. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Lohmann repped this.
  10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I don't understand the situation with Oberdorf, and Wolter. Wolfsburg recruit Wolter as one of the best young defensive talents in Germany, not long after her showcasing excellent performances for the U-20 WC wining team, only to see end up being used as an offensive based utility player...:confused:

Then they sign Oberdorf as one of the best offensive/CM young talents in world, after a season she scores 9 goals, in 16 games, as a 17yo for mid-table Essen; to then decide her talents best utilized as a hybrid CB/CM...o_O

It's scenarios like these, which constantly has me questioning Wolfsburg's ability to genuinely improve using this kind of recruitment policy.

11. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I look at Wolfsburg's squad, and it's still appears unbalanced in key areas to me; with most of these potential flaws also still overshadowed by them not replacing the lost goals of Harder.

Everyone knows Pajor is the teams #1 forward, with most of the pressure of scoring resting on her now. But using what's being shown during their pre season, I'm shocked to see nonsense like Knaak starting on the right ahead of Waßmuth, Huth being a AM, with the left patrolled by FB's Svava, and Rauch...:confused:

Smits looks... OK, but I'm suspect about her actual quality within this league. Bremer hasn't been an elite goal scorer for a very long time. Blomqvist doesn't appear to be a #10, or a #9. While Huth can assist well, but isn't going to score more than 8 goals max.

So where are these needed extra goals supposed to come from...?

12. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Against Bayern's changed 4-3-3 system, Henry had a really poor game... Majri posed the most threat for Lyon though, with the score only being made even worse once Renard entered the field. So for a team known for it's depth, why were Lyon's 2nd choices so invisible..?

Leitzig, Rall, Wenninger, Vilhjálmsdóttir, Dalmann, Asseyi, won't be regular starters next season for Bayern. Meaning Bayern probably only had 4 regular starters on the field...:whistling: So when their squad fully returns, I expect to see their 1st choice being...

Bühl ------------------ Schüller -------------- Jakobsson
    -------------- Magull ------------- Lohmann ---------------
    ------------------------- Zadrazil -----------------------------
    Simon ------ Hegering -------- Kumagai --------- Glas
    ------------------------- Benkarth ----------------------------

Dallmann replacing Lohmann if she's still injured, with Beerensteyn potentially starting ahead of Buhl, or Jakobsson. Lyon might have the better first choice 11, but the Bayern team that just beat Lyon during a friendly was definitely still majority 2nd choice players.

13. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    I’m excited to see them come to the states later this August!

14. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Good question why Lyons bench not good. Suppose to be all star team. Many players left because not much game time. But they are all starter quality.

15. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bayern’s strong recruiting season could make them early favorites to win the CL, just a shame so many really good players will be sitting on the bench. Still feel though they play way too compact as an unit, allowing way too much space for opponents when in transition.

It’s been uncharacteristic for Lyon to recruit so many 2nd tier players, they usually stack their squad with superstars. Maybe their getting outbidded by the WSL these days?
    Buhl looked pretty decent coming down the right side; perhaps MVT might feel the same & start her there whereby Brand could move up & as starting left winger?

With Wolfsburg it’s wait to see how good the incoming Dutch NT starters are? Both Nouwen & Jansen are CB’s. At the other hand if MVT insists that Oberdorf will remain an CB on the her NT, wouldn’t you want her to get as much practice as she can in that position?(as she right now looks shaky defending 1v1)

16. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It’s Bayern coming over to play in Louisville instead of Wolfsburg. Considering the strong recruiting season, it’s the team you will really want to see
    Too many of Lyon’s players were missing; Marozsan LeSommer & Bouhaddi right now in Seattle, Macario & Buchanan at the Olympics. And still haven’t seen Hegerberg back in action after over an year & half, plus Cascarino & MBock apparently injured as well

Klingo3034 repped this.
  17. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    I know Bayern is coming.

18. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Be hilarious OL Reign vs Lyon.

19. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The only starters they've brought to the club are Jakobsson, and Kumagai...:cautious:. These 2 players on their own aren't going to instantly make Bayern a WUCL winning side.

Taking the next step in their evolution towards actually reaching a WUCL final, they'll need to showcase more progress tactically, alongside significantly improved individual end product; they can no longer seek to change who they are anymore, fearing their inability to compete like they did Vs Chelsea.

20. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The typical definition of a team being compact translates as a good thing... no? I'm missing how this Bayern side not allowing large spaces between it's players, somehow equates to them giving opponents more freedom during periods of not having possession of the ball...:unsure:

Plus if there's anything not working with Bayern's shape, I feel like their coach switching to a 4-3-3 helps everything work a little more effectively. Especially creating a balance where defending correctly, doesn't leave forwards so isolated.

Simply having Dallmann - Vilhjálmsdóttir be closer to the wings, allowed Rall, and Simon, to join the attack versus Lyon. The only negative being the 2nd choice Dallmann - Vilhjálmsdóttir AM combination failing to execute accurate forward passes behind Lyon's defense for Asseyi - Schüller - Bühl.

21. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #71 Batfink, Aug 5, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
    But Bühl, and Brand, can both play on either flank... there's really no reason for either one of them having to be deployed as a FB, just so the other can start wide left...:unsure:

A competent coach would be able to asses the leagues player pool well enough to realize, Anyomi, Brand, Bühl, can all play on the left, or the right, with equal effectiveness. With Huth, and Waßmuth, showing lowered effectiveness on the left.

MVT trying to force talented offensive players into unusual defensive roles smells of confusion, not well planned design.

22. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #72 Batfink, Aug 5, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
    Had to check... and like I thought, there's no player called Nouwen on the Wolfsburg squad for 2021/22 lol. The only other person I think your talking about is Wilms, and she's a young RB.

So it still makes no sense for Oberdorf to be used as CB while Janssen's on International duty. Not when Hendrich - Doorsoun - Wedemeyer are all fit, and have far more established history's playing CB.

Plus should anybody really care what the frauds running the senior the wnt think...? Oberdorf, and all the other German internationals playing for their clubs, shouldn't have to concern themselves with the demoralizing baggage that comes with them representing the wnt. Look at the example of Rall Vs Chile, and then Rall in her new club debut Vs Lyon...:speechless:

MVT is going to be replaced by Hingst after the coming Euro's failure. MVT being the next sacrifice offered to the DFB, just so Neid has more time to continue hiding the complete farce that is her highly irregular role within wnt program. The professional Bundesliga clubs should be telling the amateurish wnt program what to do with the nations best players... not the other way around.

23. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nouwen was an starting CB on the Dutch NT who I thought was moving over to Wolfsburg, but apparently not. We definitely need an update on club rosters.

Bayern will be playing AC Roma later on today. I think I’ll be able to we watch an replay an hour later thanks to an Italian you tuber that covers the latter. Hopefully we’ll see this time Gwinn & Demann play as well

24. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It's pretty easy to find officially updated team rosters using the various clubs official sites...:cautious: So the only defensive addition they've made so far is definitely Wilms at RB.

Wolfsburg's recruitment policy appearing needlessly unfocused, I feel like they know they still need an elite AM, plus wide attacker on the left too, but I'd wager they will miss out on obtaining a Brand, or Wamser, versus the attraction of Bayern, or even Frankfurt, simply being more proactive.

OK... I'm guessing it's live on the same BeIN Sport channel...:thumbsup:

Pretty sure Gwinn is still rebuilding her knee though, meaning I don't think anybody should be expecting to see her make a return to first team football anytime soon; and do this looking anything like the player she was pre injury...:unsure:

25. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    and here the final of the Amos Cup--the hottest cup around, baby!(that nobody is watching)

Klingo3034 repped this.