Bundesliga 2021/22- 22 women chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end a German team wins

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by Lohmann, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    #601 Thomsen, Oct 17, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
    Oh well, it's really good to see Hoffenheim and Frankfurt competitive, especially Frankfurt as I think they've got the potential to really strengthen this league, but I don't think it speaks very well for Bayern and Wolfsburg internationally... :unsure:

So Batfink's pointed out the obvious flaws of Bayern, the coach never being able to settle on a formation or find his best team, just like Wörle - but I truly believe this Bayern midfield needs Lohmann as she's a far more dynamic force than Magull and Zadrazil, as she proved last year. It's hard to say that I'm disappointed by Magull given that she's not playing in her best position, but she's not performing very well for Bayern given her qualities going forward :cautious:

And I highly doubt Gwinn should start ahead of Simon when she gets back, but since it's clear she's in favor with the coach and the club, will the coach switch her back to RB for Glas? Glas has been solid since she came to Bayern, but not really great or resembling anything you're looking for in a modern RB.

Klingo3034 repped this.
  2. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    She was lucky that the penalty wasn`t retaken because she had left the goal line when Cerci shot the penalty.

blissett repped this.
  3. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Watching the highlights that looked fun. Very good size crowd too,

4. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Yes, I really liked the size of the crowd in Frankfurt... looked great. Now if they can build a team that can surpass Wolfsburg as Germany's #2 in the years to come, I think we're looking at an interesting threesome up there fighting it out, though I believe Bayern will be Germany's best team the next years.

5. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Considering Frankfurt is usually mid table position in last couple of years. It be impressive being in top 3. Think Frankfurt use to be CL champions many years ago.

6. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    here's the full Hoffenheim/Wolfsburg game. Well the pundits got what they wanted; Wedemeyer at CB/Oberdorf at DM/Huth at AM, but it still didn't work out! I think the main problem is they recruited about six players that feel most comfortable playing one position---right wing! So obvious it's possible to swtich them to differnt spots, but you just don't get the best out of them when you do. And now Wolter seems to have suffered on crucial ligament tear, so don't know if that's an ACL, as she would miss then the rest of the season

7. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It’s German players are very young & they’re only going to keep getting better as they grow older;
    Freigang(age 23)
    Kleineheme(21)
    Anyomi(21)
    Martinez(20)
    Nusskins(20)
    Kuver(18)

So Frankfurt’s future looks bright—-that is unless the richer Bayern & Wolfsburg clubs don’t buy up all those players in the coming seasons.
    ———————————————————
    I’m surprised that Magull hasn’t even taken a shot in the last three games(completely outclassed by Nusskins yesterday), but Bayern’s problems go deeper than that; all these supposedly top foreign fwds(Jakobsson, Beerensteyn, Asseyi, Damnjanovic) just aren’t used to the style Bayern was wants; the classic, one touch passing that the club is so famous for. And it don’t help that so many of BM’s domestic players are recovering or currently injured.
    But their are some good signs; Buhl still had the magic in her first game back(after an month gone). Rall is now the league’s 2nd leading scorer(but why isn’t she starting?). On the other hand, Lohmann & Gwinn haven’t looked good upon returning from injury(and now Lohmann out again). Hegering & Simon seems indefinitely out(scary that MVT keep talking about Hehering is the heart of her defense even though she’s missed the last 4 out 5 NT camps), and then with Bayern; why do they keep on benching Wenninger even though she’s her club’s most physical defender?

Klingo3034 repped this.
  8. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Frankfurt-Bayern full game is also uploaded

hotjam2 and Klingo3034 repped this.
  9. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    OK... that was a wild round of matches lol.
    Yes... Frankfurt's squad is filled with the potential spine for a future senior German wnt, and after throwing away a wining position at Hoffenheim, it's a nice surprise to finally see them showcase a glimpse at the genuine quality they posses, and beating the league champions in the process.

I mean exposing some of Bayern's flaws, Frankfurt fully deserved their win too. This, even though their coach almost ruined everything holding a 1-0 lead, and randomly shifting to a back 5 late, only to lose their way and going down 1-2; Frankfurt still had the maturity to come back and not only equalize, but find a winner too...:speechless:

My main complaint has always been Frankfurt's lack of maturity in attack, leading to their talented squad never being truly relevant towards the top of this league. But seeing their team dominate Hoffenheim, and now seeing it enable them to score 3 against Bayern, I think their next match Vs Wolfsburg will tell us a lot about the future of Frankfurt's side this season.

10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Sorry Dallmann fans... but unlike Lohmann, I maintain she's still NOT a big match player, and struggles to impose herself in games featuring opponents with a strong DM presence.

So while I feel this Bayern a side better crafted to face tougher opponents within WUCL competition, knowing them still capable of performances like is also why I've NEVER called them an all star Bundesliga side, or a finished project; it meant I wasn't completely shocked with them losing to Frankfurt, same as them losing to Hoffenheim last season.

Oh... and seeing Magull leave the game early, definitely sounded some alarm bells to me too; them changing to Zadrazil - Demann defending, while an ineffective Dallmann ran around being invisible for 90 mins lol. The fact Wenninger also still isn't seeing any match time, while Hegering missing, still shows the importance of key leaders on this team.

11. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Glas didn't get any break from last seasons end, to the Olympics, and now coming back to the league. So she could be slightly fatigued...? However, Rall does continue to impress though, making it rather weird to never see Glas rested within a team that's constantly seeing high amounts of player rotation...:unsure:.

Rall doesn't even start regularly, and has still been one of the most impressive players this season lol, highlighting how talented this Bayern squad is right now. So we'll see what happens when Simon returns, and Bayern's coach has Glas. Rall, Gwinn, Simon, all battling for starting roles.

I don't think the Viggósdóttir - Kumagai partnership the best CB partnership either, meaning it might have some negative effects on the FB's ability to effect the teams offensive side of the game...?

12. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    ...:cautious: Yes... this is the test I continue to talk about when it comes to discussing the future of this Frankfurt side. Possessing at least 8 German international level players within their squad, and competing within a league these wnt players struggle to enter the top 5, it's not going to take much more before a club like Wolfsburg finally goes all in to replace it's old UCL wining spine of domestic talent.

Küver and Kleinherne CB's, Hechler FB, Nüsken CM, Anyomi FW/AM, Martinez and Freigang FW's. These players will get a max 3 more years together, and it's going to have Frankfurt's leadership forced to show there true goals are for this club, or lose these, and other players, to clubs providing the platform elite players desire.

13. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Everyone sleeping on Leverkusen lol. But alongside a lot of mature players, including one of the leagues top scorers, they also have a few impressive young players of their own...:whistling:

Recruiting an impressive junior international like Gräwe from Wolfsburg, seeing Wirtz improving, while Wieder starts to become the offensive game changer many expected. They've had a pretty solid blend of experience, and young potential, making them silently progress each season too.

14. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So we're going to ignore how Hoffenheim completely changed it's approach to this match..? Finally using Corely wide, reverting back to a 4-3-3, and bringing Bühler into the back 4. Wolfsburg couldn't win the mid-field battle here, and wasted too much time allowing Smits to stink everything up as the main forward lol.

Smits performance really highlighting how Wolfsburg's squad simply isn't good enough, exposing the years of poor recruitment strategy. But Hoffenheim only made it through that match due to their coach making the necessary adjustments we felt should have been on display versus Bayern/Arsenal. Hoffenheim even pressed Wolfsburg's defenders lol..:speechless:

I'll need to see Hoffenheim Vs Bayer Leverkusen to know what this result really means for Hoffenheim's season, but wow... Wolfsburg's coach needed a wake up call about his squad depth, and maybe this will help him to forget continuing this squad rotation nonsense lol.

15. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    new Jule brand video, this time vs Bayern. Feel that should of been an pk, as well as Linder's run..

here's Freigang vs Bayern, at least the soundtrack a bit lighter

Felt Linder's subbing in for Corlery was the game winner for HOF. Can't blame it all on Smits, you side stepped how bad Wedemeyer,Oberdorf & Rauch were on defense. Corley as AM/playmaker is the one that WOB desperately neeeds

16. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #616 Batfink, Oct 19, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
    I thought the completely random OG scored by Oberdorf was the game winner for Hoffenheim...:coffee:

In a match you have 7 shots on target, compared to your opponents 3... yeah, I think I can place some of the blame on Wolfsburg's unnecessary insistence to use Smits up front in this match.

Hoffenheim created 5 shots all match, with only 3 of those being on target. But hey... lets blame Wedemeyer, Oberdorf, Rauch, for Wolfsburg's inability to stop Hoffenheim creating absolutely anything...:unsure:

Wolfsburg have only scored 15 goals this season, compared to Bayern's 26, and your being disingenuous if your trying to suggest Wedemeyer, Oberdorf, Rauch, haven't improved their teams stability since returning from injury, or having their roles adjusted.

17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Smits, Svava, and more, obviously don't belong at Wolfsburg. And Wolfsburg can't afford to carry passengers anymore. So why waste 45 mins forcing Smits back into your side, removing the growing Waßmuth - Roord partnership, by using Roord wide left...?

Wolfsburg didn't even play well, but still dominated a match against a Hoffenheim side probably producing their best 90 mins of league football so far this season. The key ingredient missing here, being Wolfburg's inability to score goals.

o it should be obvious they no longer have the luxury of playing below their normal standards, having Pajor bail them out of tough situations. Not when Oberdorf goes from one of the leagues best players, to not having a single goal so far this season too.

I mean... throwing Knaak into the match, as if she'll create or score lol...:confused: Knowing as a CM, Oberdorf produced 7 goals, 4 assists last season, which is bellow her personally best, but still better than Knaak's best ever season lol.

18. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Klingo3034 repped this.
  19. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    It’s geoblocked ://

20. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It’s weird, it’s geo blocked on my large TV(which gets internet) but not on my personal PC

shame too cu my finally Bayern finally starting German players(eight) including Simon, Gwinn & Rall. It’s given them a lot if shots, Whitt a dozen in the 15 minutes—/but so far no goal

21. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    It works on my PC too!

Yeah, I was thinking that too. When Hegering and Lohmann are back, Bayern could field a German team on there :thumbsup:

Benkarth
    Gwinn, Demann, Hegering, Simon
    Magull, Lohmann
    Bühl, Dallmann, Rall
    Schüller

And this would be a far superior team to the one fielded now :unsure:

22. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Blistering, fast paced, first half of attacking soccer. BM 2 FR 1

Rall at wing, Gwinn at right back & Magull finally moving up, made BM look like by far the most impressive side

23. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The attacking don’t seem to end, 3-2 BM midway through 2nd half

24. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Frankfurt two chances, two goals…