Bundesliga 2021/22- 22 women chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end a German team wins

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by Lohmann, Jul 1, 2021.

1. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    goal keeper
    221781221_373858487417800_327828944245596727_n.jpg
    left FB puzzling 1st choice
    217589352_368215901315392_6608654688794801086_n.jpg
    right FB, got to agree, Glas played magnificnet the other day vsthe USWNT(otherwise known as the over-the-hill gang). But now Glas & Rallwill play for the same team(Bayern)
    218027497_370115687792080_2644055396941616695_n.jpg
    no sperate right or left CB list, but where is Elsig? and is there any chance Turanyi is German?(MVT wants to know!)
    219936020_372579587545690_7364952666338546675_n.jpg

Batfink repped this.
  2. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Goal Keeper
    View attachment 200684
    I feel like Tufekovic, and Nuding, make the most impressive saves every season, but receive little media praise, or transfer interest from stronger clubs; I mean... Pal at #3...o_O

Left FB
    View attachment 200685
    A very poor season from Simon, means it's easy for me to understand why a still very defensively suspect Rauch would end up the #1 choice here.

Once again though it's Essen's Lena Ostermeir who's unfairly ignored for reasoning I don't yet quite understand, with Küver only requiring half a season to showcase why she'll be one to watch for a quick rise to wnt prominence.

Right FB
    View attachment 200686
    Glas is the easy first choice, consistently producing performances last season that saw her becoming one of the best players in the league from her RB role.

Central Defender
    View attachment 200687
    Seeing Hegering finally showcasing her true potential as a first time fully professional athlete in her early 30's, is probably one of the better story's from last season.

However, not seeing Freiburg's junior international Greta Stegemann on the list, after her playing a prominent role in the leagues 5th best defensive record, is rather puzzling, no?

Oh... and the continued disrespect for Elsig, wow...:confused:

3. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    My very late 2020/21 team of the season...

Bühl --------------------------- Billa -------------------------- Huth
    -------------------------------- Magull --------------------------------
    -------------------- Zadrazil ---------- Oberdorf -----------------
    Vojteková ------- Hegering -------- Janssen ---------- Glas
    ------------------------------- Tufekovic -----------------------------

4. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Billa had the excellent service handed to her on an silver platter, the new coach switching to an 4-1-4-1 from the previous season’s 4-3-3. Wassmuth was pushed to the far right & as an result her goal tally suffered(as well as as others like Hartig & Lattwein. Otherwise Billa looks very average & especially slow when she plays for her Austrian NT(Pajor would of been the better choice/or at least for the league’s prestige! Lol

Ironically Huth played more Harder’s spot but couldn’t get anything close in terms of goal tally. Now will they try Lattwein or Roord at CAM? But if Hurh returns to her original spot, she’ll have to battle Wassmuth for the starter(as well as Starke & van de Sanden)

Frohms is an surprise since Frankfurt was a disappointment with its 6th place finish, Tufekovic had a couple times ball poached from under her feet .

transfer season not over yet, but as of now Bayern look like heavy favorites to win, but it’s becoming way too strong for its own good as they buying way too many players, especially international ones in their obvious drive to win the CL. Just glad you their letting go some of their youthful benchwarmers….Pollak, Corley, Dornhauser, especially the last one, reminds me of an lil Linda Dallmann mini me. She would be my pre season pick as newbie of the year(when she starts playing for Koln).
    Even though BM will win, definitely an more interesting season than the past coming up as we watch how all the new young guns progress

5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I've tried to select the best performers from the 2020/21 season... Billa with 23 goals and 5 assists, was (without objectivity) the leagues BEST FORWARD in 2020/21.. no...?

I've also stated that I fully expect Pajor to regain the leagues best scorer award next season too: but during a season of long term injury, Pajor only produced 8 goals and 1 assist for the leagues 2020/21 second placed team.

But I'm supposed to punish Billa for her improved stats, being the main goal scorer within an exciting club team, because her national team currently lacks the ability to provide her the same service...:confused:

6. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Pretty sure Huth spent most of her time out wide last season, only moving into a central AM role after Wolfsburg's various new forward acquisitions all failed to positively impact the teams ability to create and score goals. (Rolfö, van de Sanden, Blomqvist, all...:thumbsdown:)

Plus Huth was never meant to replace the loss of Harder's goals, but instead meant to help compensate for the loss of Hansen's high assist rates. Huth managed to produce a league seasons second best of 10 assists, but for a team who produced 20 something fewer goals than the season prior, all due to the loss of Harder's 27 goal influence.

7. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I fully expect Wolfsburg to use a mid-field 3 of Lattwein - Oberdorf - Roord next season. There will likely be various adjustments to this over the course of a long season, but I feel like people are a little unaware of the new added dimensions Lattwein provides this team from mid-field..:cautious:

Wolfsburg's attack needs to replace the loss of Harder's regular 15-20 goals every season, but I feel their new mid-field could finally see them recreate another needed long term Goeßling - Keßler level CM partnership.

8. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    How...? Based on last season, they probably need to create a higher quality in squad depth lol.

They've recently shown better recruitment practices than Wolfsburg, but they still need another LB option, and could really use another genuinely high quality CM to compete alongside Zadrazil - Lohmann - Magull - Dallmann, for starting places.

Schüller's 16 goals is the best since Miedema left, they've intelligently replaced the 13 goals and numerous assists of Däbritz, addressed the issues with the CM/AM roles, fixed their FB concerns, and even managed to improve the CB's.

2020/21 they won the league with 82 scored 9 conceded. From previously finishing 1st place 6 years ago with a 47 scored 8 conceded. So yeah... you may not like it, but it's pretty obvious Bayern's made significant progress with new leadership.

9. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    BM’s is getting to b an monolith. Can’t find an update on their roster, but so far with returning from injuries & just recruited;
    FWD & WINGERS
    Jakobsson, Bereensteyn, Schuller, Buhl, Damjovic, Rudelic, Huitema, Asseyi
    MIDS
    Lohmann, Dallmann, Magull, Zadrazil, Demann, Kumagai, Gwinn, Vihjamsdottire, Zelender
    DEF
    Simon, Moroni, Hegering, Wenninger, Glass, Rall, Viggodotirr

there’s probably more, but my head is spinning trying to figure out how to find the playing time for all of them!

10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    ....o_O Bayern's recruited well in recent years, but last season still found it's overall squad depth weaker than a host of European rivals. Meaning they've got more room before they genuinely come close to being as bloated as your suggesting.

11. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #36 Batfink, Jul 25, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
    I mean, you've randomly chosen to pull names like Huitema, Zelender (who is this...?), Moroni, out of nowhere; but searching these names I found no real connection to Bayern's current, or potentially contracted squad lists...:unsure:

Meaning Bayern's current 1st choice squad will likely see 16 regulars...
    Bühl/Asseyi ------------- Schüller/Damnjanović -------------- Jakobsson/Beerensteyn
    --------- Lohmann/Dallmann ------------ Magull -----------------------------
    ----------------------------------- Zadrazil --------------------------------------
    Simon ---------- Hegering ------- Kumagai/Wenninger ----------- Glas/Rall

With 5 senior internationals from varying levels trying to find game time when they can... CB: Viggósdóttir, CM: Vilhjálmsdóttir, DM: Demann, AM: Gwinn, FW: Rudelić

Again... how is this bloated...?

12. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #37 Batfink, Jul 25, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
    Viggósdóttir's not going to start ahead of Hegering - Kumagai - Wenninger, with the little I've seen of Vilhjálmsdóttir saying she's no different to Bayern's U-20 players: aka not truly ready to perform regularly ahead of Bayern's current first choice options.

Other solid squad options like Demann, Gwinn, Rudelić, all returning from long term injury with very little hope of finding regular match time too. Bayern's still got obvious potential concerns with the quality of it's current squad.

13. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Wait, we’re thinking that Gwinn won’t be able to find much play time when she’s worked with Scheuer already at Freiburg? :unsure:

Anyway, she’s not been that impressive since France 2019… and even there I didn’t find her all too impressive either

14. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Being honest... how does Gwinn get into the team ahead of Bühl, Asseyi, Jakobsson, Beerensteyn, to play in a WF position....?

I mean... not only does she need the extra time to regain the lost muscle mass that helps decrease future long term injuries, I also feel like Gwinn's pre injury lack of physical strength, had been negatively effecting her technical abilities from truly shining at the elite level of the game too.

Meaning your looking at a diminished version, of what was already a work in progress, trying to force her way back into a club side that's only strengthened it's attack in her absence.

Maybe Gwinn has a better chance finding match time being Simon's reserve option next season...:cautious:

15. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Wolfsburg live stream coming up as they take on Rosenberg/Trondheim in their first friendly. The opponent is from Norway & currently 2nd in their league standings. Got to say very commendable that the Wolfies taking a team that's in season & issing it's large Dutch contigent who ar at the Olympics

another friendly going on right now is Hoffenehim vs Frankfurt. Dont have an stream but here's the lineups. The surprise transfer is that Feldkamp(formerly ESSEN) moved to Hoffenheim but then Martinez still with Frankfurt(when it was reported earlier that she was going to Hoffenheim)
    223140606_4264161547036509_964250968733503235_n.jpg

Batfink and Lohmann repped this.
  16. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    TSG Hoffenheim Vs. Eintracht Frankfurt friendly match... 2:1

SC Freuburg Vs. TSG Hoffenheim friendly match... 3:2

Hoffenheim appear to be using Corley as a AM within their 4-3-3 formation, and not as a wide attacker like she was deployed at Bayern; but I find the far more interesting change to their team coming with the new addition Feldkamp, being used as both a CB, and a DM, as if the coach isn't 100% sure where he wants her to play..?

Oh, and Frankfurt were using a 4-3-3 Vs. Hoffenheim too, allowing Martinez - Freigang - Prasnikar, to all play up front at the same time. So I wonder if this more offensive adjustment will become a regular occurrence once the season starts...:unsure:

Lohmann and hotjam2 repped this.
  17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  18. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    thanks for the link, I'm going to watch it later. Here are my observations on the Wolfsburg game
    well first the lineup as I saw it;
    1st half starters

............................Pajor
    Wolter..................Huth............Knaak
    ..............Lattwein..........Starke
    Svava....Wedemeyer....Doursoon...Blase

2nd half starters

.....................Pajor
    Rauch..........Huth...........Wassmuth
    .. Cordes.....Lattwein
    Svava ....Wedemeyer....Oberdorf....Hendrich

two others with no names on their jersey's were subbed in late in the game(for Svava & Lattwein). Obvious more of training game so a lot of passing in the 1st half/little headway in getting up front & scoring. Early 2nd half; Hendrich & Wassmuth with quick feet & service, able to get the ball over to Pajor to score & NOR own goal. Later seemed to be a lot of configuration switching like the 3-back & looked like Huth moved over to the more familiar right outside mid. Action really slowed down as I'm not sure, one of the subs looked like a pre-teen?

So has new coach & MVT made a deal to make Oberdorf a full time CB? That be a shame since I do see WOB needing an #10(don't think Huth was effective here. And yeah, a bit too many talented players on just one team as still missing; the 5 Dutch NT's, 1 Swede NT & Bremer. Playing time will be hard to come by for some, and I know your not impressed with Knaak & Starke, but got the feeling the promising Wolter & Cordes will see their time cut as well. Shame that the Bundesliga doesnt have some sort of loan system(so WOB can loan their players to the bottom dwellers)

19. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I can't help but feel like Wolfsburg signing Knaak, is more a sign of good will among friends, rather than a move to genuinely strengthen an elite squad...:cautious:.

Just my opinion... but I'm looking at the various options within Germany's player pool, and I still don't feel Knaak is truly good enough to be playing for Wolfsburg, or the wnt.

I mean... I'm not particularly impressed with Van de Sanden, and feel like Waßmuth has a lot to prove too; but seeing how Wolfsburg has 3 strong senior international right sided wide options, I struggle to see where Knaak fits into this team.

And this also a question for a Wolfsburg attack that sure feels super unbalanced towards it right, no? Headed into a new season with Knaak potentially competing with Rauch, Svava, Blomqvist, or even Wolter, for a wide left attacking role... doesn't seem very impressive... :unsure:

20. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    For various reasons you won't see the nations top youth prospects coming through Wolfsburg's system. They just leave for other Bundesliga clubs, without any thought of a loan process lol.

I mean Cordes seems OK, but she's wasn't even a junior international until very recently; while one of Wolfsburg's genuinely best junior wnt prospects (Lisanne Gräwe), just ended her time with the club, for a new challenge at Bayer Leverkusen.

21. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #46 Batfink, Aug 1, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
    Agreed... it would be an absolute WASTE to see Oberdorf deployed as a CB within any team now. And especially for a Wolfsburg side which needs to find two players capable of scoring 20+ goals this season.

It would be stupid for Wolfsburg to neutralize a player capable of scoring 9 goals in 16 games as a 17yo mid-fielder for mid-table Essen...:speechless:

22. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    --------------------------------------- Pajor/Bremer ---------------------------------------
    Huth (C)/Blomqvist ----------- Oberdorf/Smits -------------- Waßmuth/Sanden
    ---------------- Lattwein/Cordes ----------- Roord/Starke ------------------
    Rauch/Svava ----- Janssen ----- Doursoon/Wedemeyer ------ Hendrich/Wilms

Popp's going to miss the entire season, Wolter and Knaak probably used wherever necessary.

I would like to see Wolter finally go back to be used as CB again... this being where she was initially impressing everyone before signing for Wolfsburg. And You'd think Oberdorf's talents allowed to shine in her preferred mid-field roles.

But overall, just like Bayern, for a long season featuring multiple competitions, Wolfsburg's squad isn't as bloated as your suggesting.

23. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    another perspective is that Wolfsburg’s defense really held up nicely; the Norwegian squad never looked threatening & at least WOB didn’t loose the ball in dangerous spots like in the Kinnier/CL game. This coach seems intend to keep the back covered & not open to quick counters if dispossessed. Svava impressed me a lot, very physical looking, really needed to become a starter last year, be hard for Rauch to compete with her unless one is moved up to outside mid. Wolter sort of suffered in not seeing the ball much. Wassmuth speed was good in setting up in that own goal, but as well didn’t see the ball all that much/or at least needs to get more busier. Wedemeyer actually outshined Doursoon at CB, but probably be subbing when all those Dutch come back. I wish Wedemeyer & Cordes would be loaned to another club, both need to be more active to improve. Though Lattwein was an CAM, looks like she’ll take over Engen’s place at DM, plus turn into an CB three back(as it seems like towards the end of the game, probably to preserve the lead).
    So the coach seemed to over emphasize passing, using the CB/FB connections rather than up the middle. But sometimes it seems like the outside mids were left standing just waiting for an pass they never came. And then still lacking a creditable CAM. This where they should of tried for an high end trade with BM(either pick up Magull, Lohmann or Dallmann).
    Overall, I think they look like an improvement over last year.

24. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Pay attention to Lattwein... she's going to play a big role in improving Wolfsburg's defensive stability this season; showcasing an improving skill set which is perfectly suited for her to become an elite deep lying play maker (Think Bastian Schweinsteiger, or Toni Kroos).

For the women she reminds me a lot of Caroline Seger, controlling match tempo, and providing the platform which allows other mid-fielders opportunities to move into move advanced positions.

And seeing Rosenborg fail to exploit spaces in front of Wolfsburg's back four, was a positive sign of any potential loss of possession no longer resulting in oppositions easy to execute accurate counter attacks.

Didn't you watch her positionally at Hoffenheim..? Lattwein's best never saw her being used a CAM, but rather a deep lying CM. A role she would sit slightly ahead of the teams DM (Dongus), but behind the CAM (Hartig), in a very well balanced 4-3-3.

25. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I was actually impressed with Waßmuth. She combined really well with Hendrich by using intelligent first time touches. But her biggest fault was also on display too, where her reluctance to go 1v1 against her fullback probably won't be acceptable for a side/coach who'll will seek to posses the ball more than their opposition.

Meaning Waßmuth needs to add new attributes to her offensive tool set, by showing the confidence to beat defenders 1v1 on the dribble to create assists, and her own chances to score goals.

LOL... Missing Popp, Wolfsburg already have a ready made CAM replacement in Oberdorf; but do you really think Bayern would give their closest rivals one of the leagues best players...:confused:

If Oberdorf can score 9 goals in 16 games as a 17yo CM for Essen, I'm sure two years later she'll be an even stronger goal threat within a much stronger Wolfsburg team...:whistling: